VOTE NOW

musicman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a great idea. It will be a travisty if this passes without changes. That's why I was hoping people respond to this in big numbers. I know they read this and I believe if we have this proof, it will be hard for them to lie. Get everyone to vote. Something this tivial may make a difference, ya never know.

That is all in good, but what is on the table today, may not be on the table in the future......again, it is called negotiations. If the gov. gets involved do you think that they care about an employees pensions or health care coverage or rate of pay??? All they care about is how they get their money back and what would make the company more profitable. The ywould look at the biggest cost to the company and eliminate it. Guess you've never seen or heard of anyone working for a company that has went into bankruptcy. It isn't good. They don't care that you worked for Ford all your life, put sweat and tears into building the company, they will strip you of your health care and put you on SS and medicare ASAP. Wow, guess some do not realize what is at stake. Ask anyone that worked for Chrysler in the early 80's what they lost and how long it took to get back!!! Be careful what you wish for and be prepared to give up a lot more!!

No plants were announced to be closed, Ford is committed to put everyone to work, maybe a little different than in the past, but we have an image to build thanks to our nice senators from the south.

Do you know that senator Corker and his budies sat with the GM salaried fks for 2 days to learn how SUB and JSP works before they bashed us on TV. We negotiated that concession in the media. Nice!! Wonder what kind of health care he gets now and when he retires.

Here I go again. Lets look at this from an objective stand point.

Ford has 42,000 hourly employees the avg. employee makes less than $30 an hour. If all 42,000 workers said they would work for FREE, Ford would save $2,620,800,000. Ford lost over $20 billion last year and if we worked for FREE, Ford would have only lost a little over $17 billion.

This is going to do nothing to help Ford, nothing. Fords problems are not pay and benefits, it is the economy and trade issues. Our international union needs to be honest with us and not act like its this or bankruptcy.

That is all in good, but what is on the table today, may not be on the table in the future......again, it is called negotiations. If the gov. gets involved do you think that they care about an employees pensions or health care coverage or rate of pay??? All they care about is how they get their money back and what would make the company more profitable. The ywould look at the biggest cost to the company and eliminate it. Guess you've never seen or heard of anyone working for a company that has went into bankruptcy. It isn't good. They don't care that you worked for Ford all your life, put sweat and tears into building the company, they will strip you of your health care and put you on SS and medicare ASAP. Wow, guess some do not realize what is at stake. Ask anyone that worked for Chrysler in the early 80\'s what they lost and how long it took to get back!!! Be careful what you wish for and be prepared to give up a lot more!!

No plants were announced to be closed, Ford is committed to put everyone to work, maybe a little different than in the past, but we have an image to build thanks to our nice senators from the south.

Do you know that senator Corker and his budies sat with the GM salaried fks for 2 days to learn how SUB and JSP works before they bashed us on TV. We negotiated that concession in the media. Nice!! Wonder what kind of health care he gets now and when he retires.

AMEN!

Everyone else,

I'm voting YES! How do you all think it would of played if GM was talked to first? Do you give two shit's about the job, The money, The house you currently reside in? Your family?

You bet your fucking collective asses that if this is turned down, This would of looked like a fucking handout! Sure, I wish the out of zone shit wasn't in there. Of course it sucks that we will have to "suspend" what was fought for in the past. But if we even want a chance of making changes in the future, We need to make sure that we can keep the ship afloat.

That's all Ive got to say right now. Im stepping off of the soapbox.

VOTE YES!!!!!!!!

Edited by wildosvt

Just for fun, because were not going to get the true answer anyway, Add a reply, YES or NO, only. Get a general concensus. Get everyone to do it. We can get an idea true idea if this passes or not.

MotherF***ing NO!!! A vote yes is a vote for those bastard, sorry ass, ugly, rich republicans. If this passes they will be licking their chops. And what's next to give up if ford decides to get loan money?

MotherF***ing NO!!! A vote yes is a vote for those bastard, sorry ass, ugly, rich republicans. If this passes they will be licking their chops. And what's next to give up if ford decides to get loan money?

There shouldnt be any changes if FoMoCo were to ask for a loan., This will most likley be going to GM and Chrysler membership next. Vote it down and many won't be around to see what happens, Well being a Ford employee anyway.

Ford has 42,000 hourly employees the avg. employee makes less than $30 an hour. If all 42,000 workers said they would work for FREE, Ford would save $2,620,800,000. Ford lost over $20 billion last year and if we worked for FREE, Ford would have only lost a little over $17 billion.

This is going to do nothing to help Ford, nothing. Fords problems are not pay and benefits, it is the economy and trade issues. Our international union needs to be honest with us and not act like its this or bankruptcy.

Ford lost just over $14 billion, not $20 billion......................., and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think if you read the next to the last paragraph on the opening letter of modification you will see that it's already a done deal. Phrases such as "we were able"..."we negotiated"

Voting is just a formality...somewhat like the Queen of England...she's there but she really doesn't have power

Dude, you are correct, but if Ford burns through all its cash, you will not have to worry about working for $30 or health care cost to you, your family or all the retirees and you won't have to worry about any severence package. The only package you will get will be coming from uncle sam!!

How do you all think it would of played if GM was talked to first?

I saw this angle coming, if you vote it down they will move to negotiate with one of the weaker two. Don't speak your mind, and agree to BS because the alternative could be worse. So here we are, same song and dance. :rolleyes:

Edited by Furious1Auto

Hey Capt. seems like you're lobbying for this to pass but do you realize that so many workers will lose either way whether it's a no vote and Ford goes under or if it's a yes vote and the workers go under. This is a no-win situation for the workers. And don't say live within your means because so many of the workers have mortgages when the value of the houses were higher and just got caught in the whirl wind of the financial collapse. I'm not capping on ya but it's not about living for the future but are the workers going to make it tomorrow, next week, or next month. Utility bills are high, gas will creep up again and little by little everyday items will to. There's nothin left to give up but one thing and that's hourly pay. Slit my throat or theirs.

It's a dog eat dog world and I don't feel like wearing milk bone under wear

chupacabra_milk_bone.jpg

LOL....only 2 % of the members post on this site!!

Cap it's not the quantity, it is the quality. Maybe only 2% are members who actively debate here, but there are way more that read here then there are who post. Also out of the ones posting they are most commonly influential members of each local, and many are currently active local representative! I know because they reveal their identity, and station to me when asking for verification to Ford Fanatic! I will not divulge personal info, but they are mainly highly regarded, and have influence over what is let out on to the floors of our facilities!