2010 Incentives?

mrk1984

I know the 2010s aren't even on lots yet, but how long (given the current state of car sales) do you all think it will be before there will be any incentives?

Especially low or 0% financing

I ask this as me and my wife are going to get a 2010 fusion soon and we have about $10K to put down, but if they might offer 0%, we are going to pay down my mustang and just finance most of the fusion.

I know the 2010s aren't even on lots yet, but how long (given the current state of car sales) do you all think it will be before there will be any incentives?

Especially low or 0% financing

I ask this as me and my wife are going to get a 2010 fusion soon and we have about $10K to put down, but if they might offer 0%, we are going to pay down my mustang and just finance most of the fusion.

probably not very high rebates. it will probably be similar to the mazda 6 launch with a 500 dollar rebate. low interest rates probably a good bet

I'm in the market right now and am considering the Fusion - Malibu and the Accord.

I know the 2010 Fusion just came out - but if they offered something on it - like low financing - I think it would seal the deal.

If they dont - then Im going to take a hard look at the Mailbu.

I'm in the market right now and am considering the Fusion - Malibu and the Accord.

I know the 2010 Fusion just came out - but if they offered something on it - like low financing - I think it would seal the deal.

If they dont - then Im going to take a hard look at the Mailbu.

I think if you can wait a month or two you might have better luck. The dealers will probably have more leverage once they have ample supply on their lots.

It may be blasphemy for me to say this on this forum, but I do like the new Malibu. I rented one last week and was impressed, even though it was just the base model. Nicer than the Saturn Aura, which I've also rented recently, even though they're based on the same platform. I think the 2010 Fusion will outclass both of them, but still, I'm glad to see the domestics finally putting out competitive and compelling cars. Too bad the Malibu Hybrid is such a dud.

Also, I owned an Accord years ago, and it was a nice, albeit very weak car. However, I don't think I could get over the looks of the latest revision of the Accord. Honda and Toyota seem to be going for uglier and more boring designs while Ford is getting more and more exciting.

Edited by ackbar

I'm with you ackbar - thats what got me to really consider the new Malibu - I rented one on our most recent trip to Disney - it was a 2LT with V6 & 6sp and was really impressed.

The car looked really nice and had great interior the suede seats were great.

I have to drive a 09 or 10 Fusion - but would like too - my local Ford dealership has a bunch of 09's on its lot - I cant imagine them getting the 10's yet with over 14 09's in stock ?

Any idea when they will be ariving on dealers lots ??

Edited by 86lxjunker

I sent out multiple Internet requests for quotes on a 2010 Fusion. I received an e-mail today from one who replied stating that there are now $3500.00 rebates on 2010 Fusions. I purchased from another dealer, and forwarded the e-mail to him asking if it was true and if I'm eligible for the rebate. So far I've only put $500.00 down and will finalize the deal when the VIN arrives. That will really sweeten an already good deal.

I sent out multiple Internet requests for quotes on a 2010 Fusion. I received an e-mail today from one who replied stating that there are now $3500.00 rebates on 2010 Fusions. I purchased from another dealer, and forwarded the e-mail to him asking if it was true and if I'm eligible for the rebate. So far I've only put $500.00 down and will finalize the deal when the VIN arrives. That will really sweeten an already good deal.

That would surprise me that they are already offering rebates on this vehicle since they aren't even on the dealer lots yet. Now there is a $3500 tax credit for the 2010 fusion hybrid at least until 4-1-09. Maybe the dealer was confused.

That would surprise me that they are already offering rebates on this vehicle since they aren't even on the dealer lots yet. Now there is a $3500 tax credit for the 2010 fusion hybrid at least until 4-1-09. Maybe the dealer was confused.

I bet you're right, he may think I'm looking for a hybrid or he is confused. Like I said, I already made a deal elsewhere. I hope I didn't jump the gun. The dealer quoted $25940 and we agreed to $24300 for an SEL, Moon and Tune, splash guards and remote start.

Edit: This morning I received an e-mail from my salesman and he wrote the rebate the other dealer is referring to is on the 2009 Fusions.

Edited by transitman