Sterling Axle Passes Agreement !

TheEagle

Sterling Axle passes the Modifications by 60% to 40% today. The explaination was way better than that shitty flyer they handed out.

I suggest to everyone who has not voted yet to listen to the explaination before you vote. There are way too many untrue rumors flying around. Most of the people who voted NO at Sterling did not listen to the explaination or ask questions they just came to vote with thier anger.

I will not tell you how to vote but I suggest you to listen before you choose because it changed my vote today!

Edited by TheEagle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling Axle passes the Modifications by 60% to 40% today. The explaination was way better than that shitty flyer they handed out.

I suggest to everyone who has not voted yet to listen to the explaination before you vote. There are way too many untrue rumors flying around. Most of the people who voted NO at Sterling did not listen to the explaination or ask questions they just came to vote with thier anger.

I will not tell you how to vote but I suggest you to listen before you choose because it changed my vote today!

Congratulations........what I don't understand is that Sterling has a section in the agreement that covers them for new work or future work. It only passed with 60% :headscratch: The local committee at Van Dyke is telling the membership to vote no.....must be a ploy for election time. It is nice that their personal agenda take presidence over the membership. Does mod think that he will get any new product if this is voted down??? What a dumbass......we will take his work at Romeo!!! I heard that they were going to remove some appointed reps for campaigning...brilliant, they let mod talk them out of an appointed job for his political career. I am sure Livonia will take this new work also....didn't Tulsa vote their agreement down the first time in 07', the company was unbolting their lines the next day. Heads up Livonia/sharonville...looks like there ay be some work coming your way!

Congratulations........what I don't understand is that Sterling has a section in the agreement that covers them for new work or future work. It only passed with 60% :headscratch: The local committee at Van Dyke is telling the membership to vote no.....must be a ploy for election time. It is nice that their personal agenda take presidence over the membership. Does mod think that he will get any new product if this is voted down??? What a dumbass......we will take his work at Romeo!!! I heard that they were going to remove some appointed reps for campaigning...brilliant, they let mod talk them out of an appointed job for his political career. I am sure Livonia will take this new work also....didn't Tulsa vote their agreement down the first time in 07', the company was unbolting their lines the next day. Heads up Livonia/sharonville...looks like there ay be some work coming your way!

Captain,

If you believe that just an empty promise of looking into in sourcing work is enough to vote for this then Fine. Its a bad agreement that will get worse in a few weeks when Gm and Crysler work out their own deals. The product that vandyke is to receive is small potatoes. Low volume case added to an existing line. We are already having rolling Lay offs. Down weeks etc. This vote as nothing to do with what Mod thinks we should do, or what kind of politics he is playing. It's about whats right and wrong. It's about selling the farm over and over again. It's about giving up everything Our grandfathers, our fathers, our mothers worked so hard over years and years to get. It's not about the overtime changes, or the holiday loses, sub, tap, cola, veba.. Its a point in the Unions history when it will decide to weather Stand for more then oneself or walk the green mile to the gas chamber. Company promised new product in the last contract talks, Seen any of it? The Union just in December said it didn't matter if we worked for free that anything we do would not help these companies. Its about shared hurt and pain.. Management is not giving up enough. This agreement will break the Union no matter how you vote..

We at vandyke will take care of the ROOM when election time comes.

Sterling has space available also. Maybe we could split it up between us. :happy feet:

Bob King said in the meeting today that there is open floor space in Livonia and Sharonville and they could close one of the three Transmission plants and still have open floor space.

The same thing in Engine they could close at least one.

I hope for the sake of VanDyke employees are aware of that before they vote. I hope they get Bob King to explain it also because that changed me from a No vote.

When are they voting at VanDyke?

The Zone 1 and 2 bumping issue was my main issue. I am glad that people can't actually BUMP me out of my job.

That was in the flyer wrong.

Also, the Mandatory Physical. As it turns out its actually and added benifit we get. So I voted yes.

They better get all this shit back when times get better!

Removing an appointed rep for campaigning! You're hilarious! :hysterical:

Sterling has space available also. Maybe we could split it up between us. :happy feet:

Bob King said in the meeting today that there is open floor space in Livonia and Sharonville and they could close one of the three Transmission plants and still have open floor space.

I hope for the sake of VanDyke employees are aware of that before they vote. I hope they get Bob King to explain it also because that changed me from a No vote.

The Zone 1 and 2 bumping issue was my main issue. I am glad that people can't actually BUMP me out of my job.

Also, the Mandatory Physical. As it turns out its actually and added benifit we get. So I voted yes.

Eagle, the Zone 1 and 2 bumping issue is a main issue with me also---how did they explain it?

Eagle, the Zone 1 and 2 bumping issue is a main issue with me also---how did they explain it?

There is no actual bump.. No one can bump you out of your job!

If jobs become available out of zone and there is a layoff in zone 2 then the lowest seniority person in zone 1 and 2 would have to take it and we would be able to fill his or her spot.

SO, we actually get our seniority protected. It was actually a good thing. Seniority should ALWAYS BE honored.

Thats not how I read it in that stupid ass bullshit flyer there stupid asses put out in the plant!! It said bump inzone! Thats why I was a NO Vote!!

Thanks for the results Eagle. I thought Bob King explained the situation well.

Wow!! Now your saying the Union is whipsawing the membership. I find this hard to believe Bob King would use one local against another. Fear

Wow!! Now your saying the Union is whipsawing the membership. I find this hard to believe Bob King would use one local against another. Fear

No I am not saying that.

What I am saying is what Bob King said Ford Motor Car company has stated. They have more transmisson and Engine Plants than they need.

Brother Vote how you want!

All I am suggessting is listen before you do because it makes a huge diffrence from whats printed on that Crappy ass flyer they passed out!

However, if they are going to close one and need a place for it we at Sterling would be happy to have it! I am sure that's true at any plant.

Solidarity Forever or as long as you have a job!

No I am not saying that.

What I am saying is what Bob King said Ford Motor Car company has stated. They have more transmisson and Engine Plants than they need.

Brother Vote how you want!

All I am suggessting is listen before you do because it makes a huge diffrence from whats printed on that Crappy ass flyer they passed out!

However, if they are going to close one and need a place for it we at Sterling would be happy to have it! I am sure that's true at any plant.

Solidarity Forever or as long as you have a job!

It's funny you say as long as I have a job, because the Monday after this passes I don't have a job It will be ILO for me and 350 other tradesmen.

God Bless you

And I hope you are right about the info meeting because this looks like a pig to me.

Again God Bless you

Edited by wixom22

It's funny you say as long as I have a job, because the Monday after this passes I don't have a job It will be ILO for me and 350 other tradesmen.

God Bless you

And I hope you are right about the info meeting because this looks like a pig to me.

Again God Bless you

Now see again you did not get the explanation and already you think you will be ILO'd. I am not a trades but there is a pilot program that if your plant UAW reps signs up for that the company can't layoff any trades.

Somthing like that I didnt pay attention because I am not trades but I suggest you go and then make up your mind.

God Bless you and I hope you don't ever see an ILO.

Captain,

If you believe that just an empty promise of looking into in sourcing work is enough to vote for this then Fine. Its a bad agreement that will get worse in a few weeks when Gm and Crysler work out their own deals. The product that vandyke is to receive is small potatoes. Low volume case added to an existing line. We are already having rolling Lay offs. Down weeks etc. This vote as nothing to do with what Mod thinks we should do, or what kind of politics he is playing. It's about whats right and wrong. It's about selling the farm over and over again. It's about giving up everything Our grandfathers, our fathers, our mothers worked so hard over years and years to get. It's not about the overtime changes, or the holiday loses, sub, tap, cola, veba.. Its a point in the Unions history when it will decide to weather Stand for more then oneself or walk the green mile to the gas chamber. Company promised new product in the last contract talks, Seen any of it? The Union just in December said it didn't matter if we worked for free that anything we do would not help these companies. Its about shared hurt and pain.. Management is not giving up enough. This agreement will break the Union no matter how you vote..

We at vandyke will take care of the ROOM when election time comes.

I am sure Livonia is looking forward to getting new work....even small potatos is food for the plant! By the way asshole, your grandfathers, grandmothers and whoever else you want to throw in this pile took concessions in the 80's....thing is they were smart enough to realize the ramnifications of a broken economy and what solidairity meant. Chairperson at Van Dyke stood there and voted to UNAMIOUSLY supported this agreement. Now all the sudden he gets back to the plant and changes his mind.....sounds like a good leader!!

Overtime changes are to make people come to work.....if you come to work everyday or have a compensible day off then you will get the same OT you have always gotten!

Holiday Loss.....we have more holiday than anyone (exception of Postal workers)!! They are talking about 1 day!

Sub and Tap........if Ford takes money from the Gov. then people can not get paid to sit home if they are offered a job.....did this to follow with what GM and Chrysler is going to have to do!!

Cola....we have $.99 is determined by the Bureau Of Labor Study(BOLS) and has not changed in 15 yrs......starting in March it will be at

-$1.03. So we were losing that anyway.....they suspended it for cost savings to help pay for Health Care..again We were losing it anyway!

VEBA.......Still do not understand the issue with getting the money to gauratee health care for our retirees.....if the company does go under this money is not given back to the company!! There is no change to the amounts that were negotiated in the 2007 agreement...the changes were they will be giving the same amount in smaller more frequent payment, 50% will be in equity or stock (gov. mandated to GM/Chrysler) that we can liquidate at anytime for cash and we will get the entire amount earlier than the 2007 agreement!!

So someone putting out a letter to vote no without the fax is stupid....this is the reason that there will be an informational meeting to give you all the fax so that you can make an educated decision....

Mod has had the white pages since Tuesday of this week and we received our highlights yesterday, so you should have received yours too!! Read the who thing with your family and then make an educated decision and vote!! Again no one is saying this is a great modification.....it sux....but it is for 2 years until the 2011 negotiations!!

Again, the IUAW had a bogey to hit to satisfy Ford/shareholder/lenders/suppliers and they did it in a way to least effect us members! GM wanted cut in pay, vacation pay cuts, no sub pay, premium sharing on health care (pay 50-50) and also reduce pay to VEBA. How would you like that??? I do not like it and that is why the alternative is not something that I would like. So I am voting yes and I have confident that Ford will be on the upswing come 2011!!

Now see again you did not get the explanation and already you think you will be ILO'd. I am not a trades but there is a pilot program that if your plant UAW reps signs up for that the company can't layoff any trades.

Somthing like that I didnt pay attention because I am not trades but I suggest you go and then make up your mind.

God Bless you and I hope you don't ever see an ILO.

Page 23 "Employees in protected status on the effective date of this memorandum will be placed on indefinite layoff"

Page 23 "Employees in protected status on the effective date of this memorandum will be placed on indefinite layoff"

but what if your plant is a pilot plant? and you also have recall right back to production job!!

Are you saying you should be able to sit on your ass and collect 95% till they find work for you in your trade?

I am not following what your saying please clarify?

Its not finding work for your trade you have to watch out for in this NEW revision, trades can go to production when theres an opening or will they force trades to take a production job or nothing at all??? So sitting on your ass isn't going to be an option. :shades:

but what if your plant is a pilot plant? and you also have recall right back to production job!!

Are you saying you should be able to sit on your ass and collect 95% till they find work for you in your trade?

I am not following what your saying please clarify?

I worked at the wixom plant. And Yes I am saying I have a contract that pays me 100 % while I'm in Jcp. And most of us would take the production job,but as you know Wixom has no production. And just because your in Gen doesn't mean you don't work. Until two weeks ago We where removing the bodyshop and being payed out of Gen

I worked at the wixom plant. And Yes I am saying I have a contract that pays me 100 % while I'm in Jcp. And most of us would take the production job,but as you know Wixom has no production. And just because your in Gen doesn't mean you don't work. Until two weeks ago We where removing the bodyshop and being payed out of Gen

FYI a formated bankruptcy does not get you any JSP and if the contract is voided you will have no recall to any job if you are not working!! This is an ugly baby, just wait to see the baby GM has to offer if this doesn't pass!!

I am not farmilar with trades issues but I will ask someone who is and se what they tell me. I still suggest listening and asking your questions before you make a decision.

If this dont pass!!! It passed in 2007 when we voted for the last contract!!!

I am telling your guys why so many people are so pissed...If INTUAW is listening.

The flyer you guys in the union handed out in the plant is leading many people to think it is far worse than it actually is.

You dumb asses wrote incorrect information in there. It is just a bad flyer and does not explain anything well except the buyouts!

If would have explained what Bob King explained today on paper then it would not be as hard to accept.

Even tho I hate all of it! Except the new work.