Lima Vote

Spring

Cant you read the newspaper? Cleveland got the better engine. They got the REAR WHEEL and the ALL WHEEL drive. Lima got the front wheel drive only. so the Flex and Taurus all wheel drive comes from Cleveland not Lima. And the F150 is getting the cleve engine as its base engine. Also the new Explorer,Ranger,Crown Vic and Mustang,and the new Transit plus all of the Lincoln's will take it. will take the cleveland engine.

And when Cleve gets the new I4 that will be even more work.

Point is there's room for both because there different blocks. But cleveland got the better one. F150 alone will be over 200K orders easy.

Cleveland couldn't put a broom closet in the ad building without going two million dollars over budget! Who are you guys trying to shit!

Cleveland couldn't put a broom closet in the ad building without going two million dollars over budget! Who are you guys trying to shit!

Don't count Lima out yet folks. They will sign a pack wit da devil to get more work, they are like step"ford" employees down there in that cornfield. Probably puts their kids on the line to work for free to get product.

Don't count Lima out yet folks. They will sign a pack wit da devil to get more work, they are like step"ford" employees down there in that cornfield. Probably puts their kids on the line to work for free to get product.

the worst kept secret here in dearborn is that there are three reasons for the reopening of cep1. they are: for publicity for the corporation in these trying times in order to distance ourselves from our competition, in order to fulfill the requirements of the 2007 contract and to prove just how inefficient and incapable the cleveland complex is. the last is the reason that you have the manager in place that you do. she is there to review and report to corporate any and all data as to the value of the site. negotiations have been completed with the airport facility and the fact that cep1 is reopened only serves to raise the price of the property. there are a number of sites in the running for new work(dearborn engine/essex engine/lima engine) all of which are far superior in all metrics than the cleveland site. we have finally arrived at the place where we can effectively run the company according to dollars, not idiotic politics that drain the company coffers. the days of corporate welfare are gone now that we have superior leadership in place.

the worst kept secret here in dearborn is that there are three reasons for the reopening of cep1. they are: for publicity for the corporation in these trying times in order to distance ourselves from our competition, in order to fulfill the requirements of the 2007 contract and to prove just how inefficient and incapable the cleveland complex is. the last is the reason that you have the manager in place that you do. she is there to review and report to corporate any and all data as to the value of the site. negotiations have been completed with the airport facility and the fact that cep1 is reopened only serves to raise the price of the property. there are a number of sites in the running for new work(dearborn engine/essex engine/lima engine) all of which are far superior in all metrics than the cleveland site. we have finally arrived at the place where we can effectively run the company according to dollars, not idiotic politics that drain the company coffers. the days of corporate welfare are gone now that we have superior leadership in place.

Finally, someone hits the nail on the head with this issue!! Everyone and their brother knows how inefficient the Cleveland Complex is. The numbers do not lie. Although I wish no ill fortune on anyone, the days of political favors and such are over. We may live and work in the middle of nowhere, but at least we know how to work! We will be rewarded in the end.

Finally, someone hits the nail on the head with this issue!! Everyone and their brother knows how inefficient the Cleveland Complex is. The numbers do not lie. Although I wish no ill fortune on anyone, the days of political favors and such are over. We may live and work in the middle of nowhere, but at least we know how to work! We will be rewarded in the end.

I dont know WTF your guys problem is anyway. Ford is going to add engine production now, the I4 was scheduled to go to Spain and now its coming to America. The I4 made in Mexico will be made in a US plant in a few years. No US engine plant will close. DEP will get a update of the I4 they currently produce. And the new I4 will go into another plant in the US not Canada. Contract says US. Lima and cleve plnt #1 are both staying open. And REP is getting the 6.2L and the 5.0L V8 these are the 5.4 and 6.8 4.6 replacement engines. The current 4.0L V6 is going to be replaced with the 3.5,3.7L and this means more work for Lima and cleve #1.

Where the I4 goes in irrelavant. Just know its going in a US plant. Ford will want to put it in a plant with a line already in it there not going to put it in a plant where they have to install the line from scratch. Either DEP gets all of them which wont happen because ford wants a million I4's per year or it will go into a plant with an existing line that can produce 500K a year. Cleve pl#2 will loose the 3.0L in 2011 and get the engine replacing the I4 eco boost due in 2012.

We got a good deal here, all of us did. Keeping this I4 in the US will save thousands of jobs. The transmission was due to go to another country also now its headed to Michigan. The I4 will be exported to Mexico and other countries from the US plants instead of the other way around.

The I4 will go into the both the Transit and Transit connect and the LAP new vehicle, thats close to 500K a year easy. The DEP I4 will go in the new Focus and the Fiesta, thats 500K easily.

Edited by fordworker

I dont know WTF your guys problem is anyway. Ford is going to add engine production now, the I4 was scheduled to go to Spain and now its coming to America. The I4 made in Mexico will be made in a US plant in a few years. No US engine plant will close. DEP will get a update of the I4 they currently produce. And the new I4 will go into another plant in the US not Canada. Contract says US. Lima and cleve plnt #1 are both staying open. And REP is getting the 6.2L and the 5.0L V8 these are the 5.4 and 6.8 4.6 replacement engines. The current 4.0L V6 is going to be replaced with the 3.5,3.7L and this means more work for Lima and cleve #1.

Where the I4 goes in irrelavant. Just know its going in a US plant. Ford will want to put it in a plant with a line already in it there not going to put it in a plant where they have to install the line from scratch. Either DEP gets all of them which wont happen because ford wants a million I4's per year or it will go into a plant with an existing line that can produce 500K a year. Cleve pl#2 will loose the 3.0L in 2011 and get the engine replacing the I4 eco boost due in 2012.

We got a good deal here, all of us did. Keeping this I4 in the US will save thousands of jobs. The transmission was due to go to another country also now its headed to Michigan. The I4 will be exported to Mexico and other countries from the US plants instead of the other way around.

The I4 will go into the both the Transit and Transit connect and the LAP new vehicle, thats close to 500K a year easy. The DEP I4 will go in the new Focus and the Fiesta, thats 500K easily.

I'm sure you're correct on most of this, just one mistake, the 5.0L isn't going to Romeo, it's already gone to Essex Engine (Canada). The machining and the line are being installed as we speak. I think Job1 is scheduled for September. Romeo's got the 6.2L though.

Edited by canuck

Well said! But, let's not get off the real subject here. This topic was started because Spring heard that Lima voted no on the contract. Does everyone know why? Because everyone is tired of all the crooked shit that goes on all the time. They made their statement!

The Fat Lady is warming up!

The Fat Lady is warming up!

Cleveland is more efficient then Lima. Lima was counting there TEMPS last couple of years thats why there engine was cheaper then Clevelands. They had guys retire and came back to finish the 3.0L engines on the Vulcan line at $14 an hour.

Everyone at Cleveland and Dearborn knows this.

We will soon see wont we. The rear wheel 3.5/3.7 is a hell of alot better engine then the front wheel drive Lima has. Lima supplies the Taurus and Flex/Edge and soon some Fusion's thats it.

cleveland will supply the Taurus all wheel drive eco boost,the Flex eco boost, F150 base engine,New Explorer,Mustang,Ranger, crown Vic,and Transit vans.

Which version of these engines will sell more?? Cleveland's it aint even close.

At least 30% of the Taurus will be all wheel drive. and the SHO is all all wheel.

At least 50% of the Flex will come from Cleveland.

The F150 alone will be 200K a year easily..

Both plants have a bright future..

Cleveland is more efficient then Lima. Lima was counting there TEMPS last couple of years thats why there engine was cheaper then Clevelands. They had guys retire and came back to finish the 3.0L engines on the Vulcan line at $14 an hour.

Everyone at Cleveland and Dearborn knows this.

We will soon see wont we. The rear wheel 3.5/3.7 is a hell of alot better engine then the front wheel drive Lima has. Lima supplies the Taurus and Flex/Edge and soon some Fusion's thats it.

cleveland will supply the Taurus all wheel drive eco boost,the Flex eco boost, F150 base engine,New Explorer,Mustang,Ranger, crown Vic,and Transit vans.

Which version of these engines will sell more?? Cleveland's it aint even close.

At least 30% of the Taurus will be all wheel drive. and the SHO is all all wheel.

At least 50% of the Flex will come from Cleveland.

The F150 alone will be 200K a year easily..

Both plants have a bright future..

is there any possibility that you can divulge the sources of your information. here in dearborn, the final decision for all engine work other than the 20k ecoboost to cleveland is still up in the air. bids from all competing sites are still under review. to answer your cost statement, the current data is all that is being considered. lep has not had temporary employees since 2007. other sites in the running for the i4 are in similiar state.

Whats the problem? Not enough givebacks/work rule changes/whipsawing for the folks in LIMA to secure a yes vote?

Saw the Fat Lady back in the pipe-shop yesterday. She has picked out a song and starting to warm up-- this should be fun!

is there any possibility that you can divulge the sources of your information. here in dearborn, the final decision for all engine work other than the 20k ecoboost to cleveland is still up in the air. bids from all competing sites are still under review. to answer your cost statement, the current data is all that is being considered. lep has not had temporary employees since 2007. other sites in the running for the i4 are in similiar state.

Tell me you aint that stupid.. I guess Ford hasnt assigned a plant to make its new diesel Engines either. Afterall there not in any trucks yet are they. We all know there going to Mexico but there not out yet but there still coming from Mexico.

Answer this are there any cars Ford makes today that take the 3.5/3.5L rear wheel drive. NO

BUT the new Taurus is taking the all wheel drive from cleveland

So is the eco boost Flex and next year the F150 gets it as its base engine. And the new explorer and mustang will also the 4.0L is going away. And those came from Germany.

The 20K is correct for this year. But when the trucks are switched over to take this engine cleveland is the only plant in the world that is already set up to run the rear wheel drive.

Your argument is mute. It would be like me saying that the new Focus has not been assigned to a plant yet. Becayse its not being made yet so I guess its not assigned yet. We all know its going to MAP. Same as the rear wheel and all wheel 3.5 and 3.7L. What you think ford just assigns a product and then builds it the next day?

Read the articles dumbass they all say the cleveland plant is going to produce ALL of the F150 engines and ALL of the Taurus and Flex eco boost engines.

If you want to be an asshole and talk shit go ahead but you know Im right.

Tell me you aint that stupid.. I guess Ford hasnt assigned a plant to make its new diesel Engines either. Afterall there not in any trucks yet are they. We all know there going to Mexico but there not out yet but there still coming from Mexico.

Answer this are there any cars Ford makes today that take the 3.5/3.5L rear wheel drive. NO

BUT the new Taurus is taking the all wheel drive from cleveland

So is the eco boost Flex and next year the F150 gets it as its base engine. And the new explorer and mustang will also the 4.0L is going away. And those came from Germany.

The 20K is correct for this year. But when the trucks are switched over to take this engine cleveland is the only plant in the world that is already set up to run the rear wheel drive.

Your argument is mute. It would be like me saying that the new Focus has not been assigned to a plant yet. Becayse its not being made yet so I guess its not assigned yet. We all know its going to MAP. Same as the rear wheel and all wheel 3.5 and 3.7L. What you think ford just assigns a product and then builds it the next day?

Read the articles dumbass they all say the cleveland plant is going to produce ALL of the F150 engines and ALL of the Taurus and Flex eco boost engines.

If you want to be an asshole and talk shit go ahead but you know Im right.

I don't see anywhere in that post that he was an asshole or talking shit. You are always on here calling people stupid, dumbass, asshole. Really, just grow up. You seem to know NOTHING about EVERYTHING!

I don't see anywhere in that post that he was an asshole or talking shit. You are always on here calling people stupid, dumbass, asshole. Really, just grow up. You seem to know NOTHING about EVERYTHING!

so its OK to post gun pictures and calling people mother f//ers and morons. I suppose its also OK to call mr. Ford a a hole also right? And its Ok to call our CEO all kinds of names. Thats the stuff you need to stop. As if Im the only one who uses that slang talk :finger:

Im right alot more times then wrong and your just jealous. :hysterical:

JUST KIDDIN HOMEBOY If I "THE" Fordworker have offended anyone on here Im asking for your forgiveness. Im sorry. Im maning up as Mike and Mike would say. I will not offend again :happy feet:

Have a good day. Im out.......WORD

Edited by fordworker

you really enjoy throwing those high priced words around. i prefer to base my remarks upon the facts, not biased newspaper articles or union officials hoping to be reelected. on my next visit to cleveland, i will be sure to look you up. then we will see just how brave you are.

you really enjoy throwing those high priced words around. i prefer to base my remarks upon the facts, not biased newspaper articles or union officials hoping to be reelected. on my next visit to cleveland, i will be sure to look you up. then we will see just how brave you are.

You base nothing on facts. its all your opinion. And go down to cleveland I wont be there come down to "the" city. That is DEEEEE TROIT (basketball) CITY..

So I guess Ford Motor Company did not have a unveiling of the 3.5L rear wheel drive for the F150/Taurus/Flex at the cleveland autoshow? And I guess that same Ford official did not say it was going to be made in Cleveland's engine plant? Yes he did. Watch the telecast online.

Not a union official a official from "THE" Ford Motor Company, the best auto company in America.

BAR NONE

And why are you directing this comment towards me??

so its OK to post gun pictures and calling people mother f//ers and morons. I suppose its also OK to call mr. Ford a a hole also right? And its Ok to call our CEO all kinds of names. Thats the stuff you need to stop. As if Im the only one who uses that slang talk :finger:

Im right alot more times then wrong and your just jealous. :hysterical:

JUST KIDDIN HOMEBOY If I "THE" Fordworker have offended anyone on here Im asking for your forgiveness. Im sorry. Im maning up as Mike and Mike would say. I will not offend again :happy feet:

Have a good day. Im out.......WORD

I'm sorry, I deviated form my belief, read my signature.

:flexing: :ohsnap:

You base nothing on facts. its all your opinion. And go down to cleveland I wont be there come down to "the" city. That is DEEEEE TROIT (basketball) CITY..

So I guess Ford Motor Company did not have a unveiling of the 3.5L rear wheel drive for the F150/Taurus/Flex at the cleveland autoshow? And I guess that same Ford official did not say it was going to be made in Cleveland's engine plant? Yes he did. Watch the telecast online.

Not a union official a official from "THE" Ford Motor Company, the best auto company in America.

BAR NONE

Wait a minute. Rear wheel Drive for Taurus and Flex? Those are Front wheel Drive vehicles not Rear Drive. And yes they sit side ways on All Wheel Drive models.

You are the one that doesn't have a clue. Lima was up and running while Cleveland was still installing. Got info from the machine venders and engineers and employees that were going there and also coming to our plant. Don't you think they would know? We were sending parts that we were running already just so they could test run. If Cleveland was up and running first why were we suppling them with parts and why did the company give the work to Lima and idle Cleveland? Where did you get your info from?

Herd it from my wifes second cousins,bestfriends,sisters.Who has a friend whos brothers best friends little sisiter is an engineer.See where this is going. everyone has an opinion and people like to talk and say things that are not true. Is Cleveland perfect probally not. Is Lima perfect not even close. Look at what we gave up because of lies from are then Union. I'm not here to start anything but I take everything with a grain of salt. I have talked to transfers from cleveland and it doesnt seem there that messed up. atleast they don't have trades doing production jobs. and they will reopen.

Yes obviously Ford didn't present enough corporate ass for Lima to kiss. This is the best news I've heard all day. This most despicable of Ford plants, this cancer on the UAW now will get what they have deserved for far to long and that is CLOSED!

To all the people at Lima I hope you've enjoyed the ride, it was fun wasn't it, singlehandedly destroying the UAW from a cornfield in western Ohio. Hey Lima people...the rest of us ARE NOT GOING TO MISS YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Oh and one last thing You Lima unionbusting scabs.....yes I think I WILL have fries with that McDonalds burger you're going to be frying soon. :happy feet:

Man Oh Man, seems like alot of resentment here! First of all you have look at what has happenend at Lima as far as our union. Until recently, we have only had 1 good chairman in the last 20 years and that was Dave Litsey. He didn't condone any of the things that you mentioned above. The others all had ulterior motives, like getting an international job, or keeping their kids working as a temp long enough to get the national contract signing bonus! Little things like this, and the favors that go with them, causes coruption, and more deals,because after awhile they own them. The people in Lima are good people as a rule, its the union leadership that has been so weak. Remember though, International must like what our leaders did, they moved the worst right up there with them. I hear this kind of talk more and more about Lima, there's alot of people that feel the same as you. If the membership is to blame it's because we trusted snakes. I think that our new leadership in the union is going to steer us in a better direction. The old regime is already frustrated with him for not playing ball.

Herd it from my wifes second cousins,bestfriends,sisters.Who has a friend whos brothers best friends little sisiter is an engineer.See where this is going. everyone has an opinion and people like to talk and say things that are not true. Is Cleveland perfect probally not. Is Lima perfect not even close. Look at what we gave up because of lies from are then Union. I'm not here to start anything but I take everything with a grain of salt. I have talked to transfers from cleveland and it doesnt seem there that messed up. atleast they don't have trades doing production jobs. and they will reopen.

Just remember your info came from production workers transfers who usually don't know what is going on when it comes to installation side. As far as trades doing production jobs, next time vote NO!