American Muscle in a foreign skin

robertlane

I have always admired every iteration of the Maxima. It doesn't have to be everything to everyone. We all have opinons on cars, that's one of the reasons why we participate here. We all will never agree on every car built. The Maxima definitely has the power to run with America's high powered cars. It can't just be dismissed because of it's look and platform. :ninja:

I have always admired every iteration of the Maxima. It doesn't have to be everything to everyone. We all have opinons on cars, that's one of the reasons why we participate here. We all will never agree on every car built. The Maxima definitely has the power to run with America's high powered cars. It can't just be dismissed because of it's look and platform. :ninja:

Oh yeah....I see Maximas taking Mustangs and Corvettes at the drag strip all the time. :kuko:

The only cars the Maxima runs with are other midsize FWD family sedans. Not exactly "muscle cars".

it just makes good print. the maxima in no way represents what the term "muscle car" means. the writer knows it, anyone who gives a damn knows it, too. how about using the term "sleeper"? that fits the maxima better....boring, well made, and fast. perfect sleeper.

automotive writers must be extremely bored.

You're right Frank the Nissan doesn't have to be everything for every consumer, but the person whom wrote that article should not go parading it around as if it is some sort of performance bargain.

The Maxima was great until the screwed it up with the current styling theme, and while Nissan must be applauded for the introduction of higher powered family sedans they forgot to address the issues with torque steer found on those cars (the Altima especially).

One thing I have learned about so-called "professional" auto (opinon) writers, they are equal to movie reviewers. It doesn't matter what any of them say, it's in the eye of the beholder. I like ithe Maxima, especially the previous one which wa smsaller and still could really move. It doesn't mean I'll ever own one. There is a big difference. Many contributors here think it's necessary to be cute with their overdone responses. It must intimidate their manhood or something. My horsepower is bigger than yours and blah blah blah. Don't you think (not any of you in particular, just some of you) that the writer just meant speed, not muscle-car status? It is not a fair comparison anyway as it is RWD to FWD and so on. I happen to admire FWD. I drove and owend many RWD cars in my life and I prefer FWD. I'm not a racer and don't care what anyone does of thinks. Get off the gas pedal and think McFly Think. Yeesh. :violin:

1995 Ford Taurus SHO. V6, FWD, four doors, Japanese engine. Beat stock Mustang GT's. :happy feet:

The SHO was a sports sedan like no other, but a muscle car it wasn't. Unfortuneate it was discontinued, though with Ford's attitude today, a Fusion or 500 SHO wouldn't be allowed to be faster than the Mustang. :unsure:

It would be nice if they found a way to bring the SHO back in an AWD form. Make it as fast a a stang V-6 and like the original SHO only a manual tranny. Design it to go after the Subi WRX and Mitsi Lancers (note: not the STI Subi or Lancer Evos) I would contemplate getting one as would a lot of guys with families who want something with power behind the pedal. There is something about a sleeper that scares us all.

It would be nice if they found a way to bring the SHO back in an AWD form. Make it as fast a a stang V-6 and like the original SHO only a manual tranny. Design it to go after the Subi WRX and Mitsi Lancers (note: not the STI Subi or Lancer Evos) I would contemplate getting one as would a lot of guys with families who want something with power behind the pedal. There is something about a sleeper that scares us all.

Err....it would need to perform a hell of a lot better than a V6 Mustang if it was going to compete with the WRX. :hysterical:

And umm...why on earth would you WANT to compete with a non-Evo Lancer? It's a stinking economy car...and a piss slow one at that. The Evo variant is the ONLY model with any performance.

The RaliArt model isn't that bad. Its got the Hi-Po naturally aspirated 2.0L 4 banger with the suspension from the EVO under it. Keeps the insurance costs down and, with some light mods, can put out over 200HP.

So chasing a 200 horsepower econobox is your goal? Aim higher!!!! :happy feet: