To Our Children...

simonsez

If for some reason these threads are looked back upon by the next generation, I think we owe you a big apology. You will be the first generation that will probably not have the oppportunity to progress further than the generation before you. We are leaving you with another trillion dollars further in debt because of greed,plain and simple. As a third generation auto worker I have seen the decline of the UAW, mostly due to the fact there were no leaders that stepped up to he plate with foresight that the great leaders of the past such as Walter Reuther had. When we were fat and rich 10-15 years ago no one cared or thought this day would come and since then we have elected leaders that run this orginization by nepotism,favortism and politics, replacing the ideals of standing for seniority,integrity and or just plain and simple doing the right and moral things they took oath to do. All we can hope for is that a lesson will be learned from all this and you our children will not make the same mistake. As we continue to dump more money into orginizations ran by people that use the funds to pay for their luxurious lifestyles and perks, we can only see doom on the horizon. Again I want to personally say I am sorry, and may God bless you.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If for some reason these threads are looked back upon by the next generation, I think we owe you a big apology. You will be the first generation that will probably not have the oppportunity to progress further than the generation before you. We are leaving you with another trillion dollars further in debt because of greed,plain and simple. As a third generation auto worker I have seen the decline of the UAW, mostly due to the fact there were no leaders that stepped up to he plate with foresight that the great leaders of the past such as Walter Reuther had. When we were fat and rich 10-15 years ago no one cared or thought this day would come and since then we have elected leaders that run this orginization by nepotism,favortism and politics, replacing the ideals of standing for seniority,integrity and or just plain and simple doing the right and moral things they took oath to do. All we can hope for is that a lesson will be learned from all this and you our children will not make the same mistake. As we continue to dump more money into orginizations ran by people that use the funds to pay for their luxurious lifestyles and perks, we can only see doom on the horizon. Again I want to personally say I am sorry, and may God bless you.

GFY

I think the crap killer meant "go fuck youself" just a guess. To sum up your whole post---you can't get blood from a rock.

I think the crap killer meant "go fuck youself" just a guess. To sum up your whole post---you can't get blood from a rock.

the sum of the whole post is that we all play leadership rolls somewhere in life, until we put God,our family and our brothers and sisters in the priority level above our own greed and personal comforts as leaders...this is what we get. I guess it was a typical response for the times.Pretty sad

This post is very honest and sad for our children. I can't even imagine what Walter Reuther would say if he has watched our Union the past years. I know what God thinks, just take a look around you and watch what is coming in the future. I pray that God has mercy on America.

You know what God thinks, please tell me more.

Okay...maybe I can guess what God is thinking. I do know this much...the country was founded with faith in God. These days, everywhere you turn they want to remove God, on the money, in the Pledge of Alegiance, in the schools, capital...everywhere. Man you can't even say Merry Christmas anymore. And when our Government is turning their back on God by passing laws to legalize abortion, embryonic stem cell research, cloning and same sex marriage, the country is turning it's back on God. Greed is running rampant, people are killing their own kids or parents, their are no morals left in this country. We have been under God's mercy for a long time, but I see that coming to an end. I believe 911 was just a wake up call I can't imagine what will come in the days ahead.

You asked....

Okay...maybe I can guess what God is thinking. I do know this much...the country was founded with faith in God. These days, everywhere you turn they want to remove God, on the money, in the Pledge of Alegiance, in the schools, capital...everywhere. Man you can't even say Merry Christmas anymore. And when our Government is turning their back on God by passing laws to legalize abortion, embryonic stem cell research, cloning and same sex marriage, the country is turning it's back on God. Greed is running rampant, people are killing their own kids or parents, their are no morals left in this country. We have been under God's mercy for a long time, but I see that coming to an end. I believe 911 was just a wake up call I can't imagine what will come in the days ahead.

You asked....

I just wanted you to reflect on what you said.

the sum of the whole post is that we all play leadership rolls somewhere in life, until we put God,our family and our brothers and sisters in the priority level above our own greed and personal comforts as leaders...this is what we get. I guess it was a typical response for the times.Pretty sad

I heartily disagree. It's precisely because so many Americans spend so much time on an invisible man in the sky ("god")---that we're on the verge of another depression.

If we're gonna pull outta this disaster, we gotta stop begging an invisible sky "god" for help; that "god" is obviously dead or deaf. We've got to it ourselves.

Edited by Pumpmaster

I second that!!

obviously you are one of the individuals we are talking about...the days of sitting with your feet propped on the desk eating your crispy creme donut and going on trips out of town on union expense will soon be coming to an end. Should have took buy out

we've been sold out , they voted to sell the next generation of autoworkers out an they sold out the last generation that gave us the torch to carry and it seems the majority voted again to burn us with it , at least some have a conscience its to bad their are no real leadership anymore my conscience is clear i voted F!@k NO TWICE !!

I heartily disagree. It's precisely because so many Americans spend so much time on an invisible man in the sky ("god")---that we're on the verge of another depression.

If we're gonna pull outta this disaster, we gotta stop begging an invisible sky "god" for help; that "god" is obviously dead or deaf. We've got to it ourselves.

I am sorry you feel this way. The truth is...more and more people are thinking this way and therefore "God" has no mercy on them. It is when we let them remove "God" from our schools that kids starting killing kids. As more people don't put their faith in God, our country becomes more evil. Just take a look around....

Ask yourself this question...what if the people who believe in God are right and you are wrong...we have lost nothing, but you loose everything?????

I am sorry you feel this way. The truth is...more and more people are thinking this way and therefore "God" has no mercy on them. It is when we let them remove "God" from our schools that kids starting killing kids. As more people don't put their faith in God, our country becomes more evil. Just take a look around....

Ask yourself this question...what if the people who believe in God are right and you are wrong...we have lost nothing, but you loose everything?????

Ask yourself this question: what if you're wrong, and the Mormons are right? Or the Jews? Or the Hindu's? Or the Muslims?

Why did your "god" let christians Timmy McVeigh and David Koresh murder innocent people?

Give me a break.. It was Reagan and Bush that ran up the natl debt.. end of discussion.. we the avg. Joe had nothing to do with it.. unless you voted Republican that is..

You asked....

If you're ever interested in the facts, find a dollar bill with "In God We Trust" printed on it before the year 1957. As for things like embryonic stem cell research, gay marriage, cloning, etc, etc, do what the Constitution says; let states deal with it. Federal Government has no business dabbling in those things.

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"The crisis from which we are now suffering is also the outcome of a credit expansion." -Ludwig von Mises (1931)

Everything that has happened over the last 96 years has led us to this point. Study history, you'll see the cause/effect relationship sooner or later. Much of our current situation stems from failed monetary policy. I always find it ironic that the Bible teaches against usury, yet so many people openly accept the system of interest present in our country.

We need not apologize to our children, unless we plan to idly sit by and let those who took advantage of us continue to do so.

2005:

"So, must a bust always follow a boom? Based on our look at history, our answer must be "no." Only infrequently do home price booms lead to busts... If it is relatively rare for housing booms to result in a price bust, how do booms usually end? Our look at history suggests that stagnation in home prices is often the most likely outcome."

- FDIC article http://www.fdic.gov/bank/analytical/fyi/2005/021005fyi.html

post-36625-1236525725_thumb.png

This is not about Republican or Democrat. These parties have ruled our nation for far too long and we are still debating and trying to fix things that were issues 30+ years ago. Doesn't anyone realize, if these people FIX the problems in this world we won't have a need for massive spending, expansion of government. If the government wasn't broke, we wouldn't constantly be electing people to fix it.

Edited by r7n7

I think that was very well put and it does make one extremely sad to think that our children will possibly not have the same options and chances that we had and our fathers and grandfathers had with the automotive industry in regards to a decent middle class life. IMO there were many factors that contibuted to this, and yes greed was one of them, as well as not living up to the motto "i am my brothers keeper".

But I refuse to give up hope that we can turn this around and something good can come out of this. There is a huge lesson to be learned on both sides of the fence. There definatly is a lot of leaders that are not concerned with doing the right thing if it interferes with their agenda, but we also have a democratic right to vote for leaders that do, hopefully at all locations those ones will step up to the pump. I think that unless we start selling vehicles again we are all toast.

obviously you are one of the individuals we are talking about...the days of sitting with your feet propped on the desk eating your crispy creme donut and going on trips out of town on union expense will soon be coming to an end. Should have took buy out

You don't know me and only GOD will judge me.....with that said I have a cream pie for you!

You are wrong......God does show mercy! Jesus Christ died for our sins....

Edited by Captain723

I was just reading this thread saying to myself over and over again "don't get involved......don't get involved......don't get involved....." but then I got to this one and thought "OMFG! You've got to be kidding!"

Our country does not become more or less evil no matter what religion or lack thereof people choose to follow. Let me introduce you to a personal friend of mine:

The first amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the establishment of a national religion by the Congress or the preference of one religion over another, non-religion over religion, or religion over non-religion.

Our founding fathers thought this to be important enough to make it the very first amendment to the Constitution....

I respect your right to any religion you choose, however as a U.S. citizen, I also have those same rights and privileges to believe or disbelieve as I see fit regardless of what you may think. Do not confuse the laws of God with the laws of man. There must be a separation of church and state in this country, if this ceases to be, so too will the United States of America.

I was just reading this thread saying to myself over and over again "don't get involved......don't get involved......don't get involved....." but then I got to this one and thought "OMFG! You've got to be kidding!"

Our country does not become more or less evil no matter what religion or lack thereof people choose to follow. Let me introduce you to a personal friend of mine:

The first amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits the establishment of a national religion by the Congress or the preference of one religion over another, non-religion over religion, or religion over non-religion.

Our founding fathers thought this to be important enough to make it the very first amendment to the Constitution....

I respect your right to any religion you choose, however as a U.S. citizen, I also have those same rights and privileges to believe or disbelieve as I see fit regardless of what you may think. Do not confuse the laws of God with the laws of man. There must be a separation of church and state in this country, if this ceases to be, so too will the United States of America.

You got it, bro!

lmfao....good one

You are wrong......God does show mercy! Jesus Christ died for our sins....

I gotta interject here, cap'n: you can relax---there ain't no "god" gonna "judge" you or anyone else. Let's just treat each other with respect and kindness. The world would be a better place if we all did that!

"Sin" was invented by religious and political hustlers as a way to keep people in line, and "salvation" is religions' idea of solving a problem of it's own making.

I gotta interject here, cap'n: you can relax---there ain't no "god" gonna "judge" you or anyone else. Let's just treat each other with respect and kindness. The world would be a better place if we all did that!

"Sin" was invented by religious and political hustlers as a way to keep people in line, and "salvation" is religions' idea of solving a problem of it's own making.

I agree :shades: