Saline Is A Joke!!!

stevend

The Ford employees that reported to orientation on monday were told today that they are not to report back to work until next monday. The seniority of the new people range from 1984 leveling date to 1993. They were told that even though some picked shifts other than days, that they all would be put on the same line that runs on days only. And the kicker is that because the plant that they supply parts to is down, they cannot report to their jobs until monday and will be given short work week. The funny part is that the orange employees are all still there with less seniority and they are still working, some on overtime. The ford employees were also told on yesterday that the temps will not be laid off until sometime in April and then only at a rate of 50 every few weeks. This is crazy!! Those of us that signed up for Saline have no idea when we are going to report because they are trying real hard to hold on to the orange employees. If this is what they intended all along they should have never posted those jobs in the first place. It is an insult to have people at Ford out of work when non-Ford workers are working the their proposed slots. I just don't understand how the UAW is allowing this to happen.

The Ford employees that reported to orientation on monday were told today that they are not to report back to work until next monday. The seniority of the new people range from 1984 leveling date to 1993. They were told that even though some picked shifts other than days, that they all would be put on the same line that runs on days only. And the kicker is that because the plant that they supply parts to is down, they cannot report to their jobs until monday and will be given short work week. The funny part is that the orange employees are all still there with less seniority and they are still working, some on overtime. The ford employees were also told on yesterday that the temps will not be laid off until sometime in April and then only at a rate of 50 every few weeks. This is crazy!! Those of us that signed up for Saline have no idea when we are going to report because they are trying real hard to hold on to the orange employees. If this is what they intended all along they should have never posted those jobs in the first place. It is an insult to have people at Ford out of work when non-Ford workers are working the their proposed slots. I just don't understand how the UAW is allowing this to happen.

Welcome to our world. There is a bunch of us waiting to go to Dearborn engine. I signed the post back in november. Were still laid off, since november. And I have no return to work date. The union could care less. They don't return phone calls or anything. We have to bug them. I agree the bids should never go up if the job doesn't exsist.

what did you expect,they would tell you you will get screwed before the vote,hell no.i was told that that list of people to go to saline is not even official.funny how most of the people that are left at my plant are transplants,at the time the union were telling us that tranferring to a plant with your senority was good because we might need it someday,well today is someday because as of next week we start using our sub credits,what they have jobs there that are so complicated that they cant just put people on them,please.i figured something about this saline thing was fishy.you are not there until you are actually there,the list dont mean shit,there stalling trying to hide all the hooked up people

You are asigned a department. You work with in that department with your sen.. If your department is laid off and there is no work available in the plant, Your tlo'ed regaurdless of sen.. There are many lines/people down this week.

As for the April thing, It's all about the WARN Act.

Anything else you want to get off of your chest?

The issue brother is that the Federal laws have to be followed. The "orange" members have to be notified of a "mass lay-off" at least two months ahead of time (WARN Act). You brought up a good point about the new folks being on tlo. The weeks that they are on tlo won't affect much because your plant is still under the traditional work schedule. Realistically, I don't think your frustration is misplaced. The migration of Fordies will be a long and controlled chaos at best. There will be alot of things to debate at the end of the day. Hopefully, everyone that is in this juggling act will come away with some solid answers.

I was told that the Ford workers coming in was to fill job openings and that the orange employees would start getting laid off on April 14th. 50 per week would go while 50 Ford workers per week would come in. We like every other plant have been having TLO's due to assembly plants going down. The one nice thing is that we supply many different assembly plants, so depending on what line you end up on, you may or may not see down time. The plant is not TRYING to hold on to the orange employees, they are living by a government act. Once things settle down, you will be able to exercise your right to bump to another shift and I believe we still have "wall-to-wall" bumps once a month. Department bumps are done on a weekly basis, or were done that way. There will be a lot of churning and I guess the union agreed to minimize it somewhat, so they froze the whole plant for 60 days. I am sorry you are upset, but most plants are having down weeks, there are no cars selling, so Ford is cutting production all the time. Hopefully that will turn around soon.

I was told that the Ford workers coming in was to fill job openings and that the orange employees would start getting laid off on April 14th. 50 per week would go while 50 Ford workers per week would come in. We like every other plant have been having TLO's due to assembly plants going down. The one nice thing is that we supply many different assembly plants, so depending on what line you end up on, you may or may not see down time. The plant is not TRYING to hold on to the orange employees, they are living by a government act. Once things settle down, you will be able to exercise your right to bump to another shift and I believe we still have "wall-to-wall" bumps once a month. Department bumps are done on a weekly basis, or were done that way. There will be a lot of churning and I guess the union agreed to minimize it somewhat, so they froze the whole plant for 60 days. I am sorry you are upset, but most plants are having down weeks, there are no cars selling, so Ford is cutting production all the time. Hopefully that will turn around soon.

That was a really good reply. I ain't judgin'---but seriously, very informative, direct, and compasionate. Thank God for good Union Brothers & Sisters

relax Saline is a great plant to be at. I transfered from Saline to dtp at the end of last April. I am going back to Saline i believe may 18. Wildosvt hit the nail right on the head. wild o tells it like it is.

That was a really good reply. I ain't judgin'---but seriously, very informative, direct, and compasionate. Thank God for good Union Brothers & Sisters

Just trying to be helpful, thank you. As I have said, I am very glad to see Ford brothers and sisters returning to Saline. It is a great place to work and if given a chance I believe everyone will like it there. Just be patient, it is not good out there.

Thank-You for all the information you tell us and Thank-You for keeping us informed of what is going on there as well, What is your senority? if you dont mind me asking! I am coming there as well was told last week sometime in May, I will be in the 450 to 500 group of people hired in in 1998. What is wall to wall bumping we dont/didnt do that @Rawsonville??? How does this bids/bumping work there????

Just trying to be helpful, thank you. As I have said, I am very glad to see Ford brothers and sisters returning to Saline. It is a great place to work and if given a chance I believe everyone will like it there. Just be patient, it is not good out there.

I'm hearing rave reviews about your place. Our folks will do just fine. It ought to be an interesting election coming up. Are you hearing anything?

Thank-You for all the information you tell us and Thank-You for keeping us informed of what is going on there as well, What is your senority? if you dont mind me asking! I am coming there as well was told last week sometime in May, I will be in the 450 to 500 group of people hired in in 1998. What is wall to wall bumping we dont/didnt do that @Rawsonville??? How does this bids/bumping work there????

Your welcome, glad to help, I have 93 seniority. At Saline you can bump in your department(shift preference)on a weekly basis. Once a month they do(may be did) wall-to-wall bumps where you can bump someone in your classification anywhere within the plant. So you can bump from one line to another. This is done by seniority (highest senority bumps lowest... on down the list). There is no way to tell where you would end up, but if you don't get along with your supervisor, or want to try to get on a line that does/doesn't work as much OT, this would be the way to do it. Bids sheets are posted downstairs by labor relations, you sign the bid and usually the highest seniority gets it. Sometimes (by contract) they pick on "merit and ability". This usually happens when the higher seniority person has a bad work record. But there is always the grievance procedure. We also have a voluntary overtime list (VOT) that you can sign for overtime in other departments/lines. This is for weekend work. They replace people who turn down the overtime with people from that list by overtime equalization rules. Hope this is helpful.

I'm hearing rave reviews about your place. Our folks will do just fine. It ought to be an interesting election coming up. Are you hearing anything?

Pete and Tom are getting it going. It keeps getting better all the time. I don't want to put too much information out there, someone may take it wrong

The plant is on freeze for wall to wall's til august. Only dept. bump's til then.

Hey guess what Ford did all this to themselves with the spin off of the Visteon plants and the ACH and flow back bullshit. They should have kept people where they were now there is a MASS checkerboard/chessborad problem (MOVING PEOPLE ALL THE TIME) they started it now they are feeling the pain!.. good let them!. Just move my ass out of Dearborn I don't care about anything else. My sen still grows, and it all pays the same..

:stirpot:

Have a nice day.

Ohhh btw, better start creating another form of income for yourself.. If anyone at home wants to learn how to make money get a hold of me at beedollars.com

The plant is on freeze for wall to wall's til august. Only dept. bump's til then.

Thank you for the info. I do believe that people coming in from other plants are also unable to exercise a bump for the first 60 days, I could be wrong, but that is what I hear.

Your welcome, glad to help, I have 93 seniority. At Saline you can bump in your department(shift preference)on a weekly basis. Once a month they do(may be did) wall-to-wall bumps where you can bump someone in your classification anywhere within the plant. So you can bump from one line to another. This is done by seniority (highest senority bumps lowest... on down the list). There is no way to tell where you would end up, but if you don't get along with your supervisor, or want to try to get on a line that does/doesn't work as much OT, this would be the way to do it. Bids sheets are posted downstairs by labor relations, you sign the bid and usually the highest seniority gets it. Sometimes (by contract) they pick on "merit and ability". This usually happens when the higher seniority person has a bad work record. But there is always the grievance procedure. We also have a voluntary overtime list (VOT) that you can sign for overtime in other departments/lines. This is for weekend work. They replace people who turn down the overtime with people from that list by overtime equalization rules. Hope this is helpful.

Not trying to insult you. You are real close on this.

You cannot bump for the first 30 days you are on a new job.

You are allowed 3 bumps per rolling year.

1. Shift preference bumps can be done weekly.

2. If there are no lower seniority employees on another shift on your product line you can do an area bump on a monthly basis. Area bumps will take on the third Monday of each month. Bump slips must be submitted by the end of the employee's shift on Friday of the first full week of the month.(This would be to a line with similar product i.e. panel lines)

3. Assembler (Production Checkers) will be permitted to exercise shift preference on a plantwide (wall to wall) basis during the months of March, June, September and December. Bumps slips must be submitted by the third Friday of the month prior to the month in which wall to wall bumps are processed.

There is an agreement between the International Union and the company stating Weekly shift preference bumps will be unaffected, but the June and July 2009 monthly area-wide and the June 2009 quarterly plant-wide shift preferences will be frozen. All shift preference periods will resume in August 2009.

relax Saline is a great plant to be at. I transfered from Saline to dtp at the end of last April. I am going back to Saline i believe may 18. Wildosvt hit the nail right on the head. wild o tells it like it is.

Wildosvt is a suck ass-know it all. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :happy feet: :happy feet: . Sorry Wildo I couldn't resist.

Wildosvt is a suck ass-know it all. :hysterical: :happy feet: . Sorry Wildo I couldn't resist.

That was awesome! :flexing:

BTW, After I'm done :banmolest: you, You can :kissass:

:roses:

(just sending a lil love back brother)

Edited by wildosvt

To make sure you get correct info about saline and how things work, I would suggest you call union at 734-429-6920 or 734-429-6379. They can give you quotes out of the contract book. Peace!