Buyout info

BRasey

Im a Monroe ILO bum way out of the loop and was wondering what info everyone is getting about the current buyout.

What is the window to sign? When is last day worked? What are they doing about the extra 20k cash option?Is that payed with the 50k as one 70k check or is there some time between them like I was hearing?

Lastly anyone taking it or know anyone takin it?

Im a Monroe ILO bum way out of the loop and was wondering what info everyone is getting about the current buyout.

What is the window to sign? When is last day worked? What are they doing about the extra 20k cash option?Is that payed with the 50k as one 70k check or is there some time between them like I was hearing?

There is no 50 k buyout this go round- 20 K with a 25 K car voucher or 40 K without the voucher- looks like the early bird got the 50 K worm in previous buyout rounds. Not sure about any skilled trade premium

buyouts not available to production peons.

I was told April 1 to May 22. Don't know about the 20k question. And yes I am considering it.

There is no 50 k buyout this go round- 20 K with a 25 K car voucher or 40 K without the voucher- looks like the early bird got the 50 K worm in previous buyout rounds. Not sure about any skilled trade premium

buyouts not available to production peons.

It's 50 k for people with at least 1 yr sen. plus a 25k car or 20k cash option for those that can't retire now. It's on page 8 in the forum. Contract modifications.

If they want people out they better start pony'ing up the big bucks!.

They won't be coming back with a larger buyout. TLO run out your sub/unemployment and goodbye to you. I'm sure you will be called back someday,before your recall rights run out. This mod sucks and we will just have to live with it now. I Voted NO!!!!!!

finally found you orphan! better take this one before you end up with a 2k used car voucher!

My solid inside sources at IUAW told me personally today, well actually my ex sister in laws best friends second cousin, heard from the guy at the barber shop, that there will definately be another buyout..possibly ! She/he/they said it would probably be around $500 to $200000 and could include an Easy Bake Oven and maybe a Barbie Playhouse..limited supplies act fast. No refunds or exchanges after 10 days , some restrictions apply. Barbie Playhouse may be changed to a My Little Pony, if you already own your own home.. :hysterical:

that is correct if they are retirement eligable. if not it is 50,000 plus voucher or cash.

Hey tb 2blu, what's your guess on tax liability for the 25000 car voucher. Sure you will pay sales tax on vehicle.(isn't there a 1500 federal income tax deduction for 2009?) But will the voucher be taxed as earned income? So instead of a voucher worth 25000, the voucher will, say be worth 18000 after taxes? Or would you have to declare the 25000 as income tax?

Can you still use A-Plan with voucher?

Hey tb 2blu, what's your guess on tax liability for the 25000 car voucher. Sure you will pay sales tax on vehicle.(isn't there a 1500 federal income tax deduction for 2009?) But will the voucher be taxed as earned income? So instead of a voucher worth 25000, the voucher will, say be worth 18000 after taxes? Or would you have to declare the 25000 as income tax?

Can you still use A-Plan with voucher?

I would say yes you will be taxed on the 25,000. would guess you could use A-plan ,why not? Sure there will be info out by Apr 1. There is also a bill in congress to give you another 5k if you have an old beater to trade in. :shades:

I would say yes you will be taxed on the 25,000. would guess you could use A-plan ,why not? Sure there will be info out by Apr 1. There is also a bill in congress to give you another 5k if you have an old beater to trade in. :shades:

That's interesting. How much do old beaters typically cost. Especially the ones that don't run anymore!

I saw the same thing. You get 5K for American clunkers, and 4K for foriegn pieces of chit. I haven't seen whether or not they have to be "running". And what I'm most interested in seeing is whether or not the buyer has to "Buy American". That would be a crying shame if we got that money and we could spend it on a foriegn car. The reasoning behind funding the program is primarily two-fold. Although one could argue the environmental impact of the deal which will be significant. First imo is it will help sell more new cars. And because the dealers that get these clunkers will have to have them scrapped; it will clear the market of more used cars, so people will be pushed to buy new. Please don't anyone call me a dumbass because there are no jobs and all that. We're just discussing the "Hooptie Deal"

I saw the same thing. You get 5K for American clunkers, and 4K for foriegn pieces of chit. I haven't seen whether or not they have to be "running". And what I'm most interested in seeing is whether or not the buyer has to "Buy American". That would be a crying shame if we got that money and we could spend it on a foriegn car. The reasoning behind funding the program is primarily two-fold. Although one could argue the environmental impact of the deal which will be significant. First imo is it will help sell more new cars. And because the dealers that get these clunkers will have to have them scrapped; it will clear the market of more used cars, so people will be pushed to buy new. Please don't anyone call me a dumbass because there are no jobs and all that. We're just discussing the "Hooptie Deal"

I read in the paper that the new vehicle has to be "assembled" in America. That would include imports that have assembly plants here, wouldn't it? I would rather see it say "one of the Detroit 3". If it said one of the big three, that could mean GM, Ford or Toyota....

I read in the paper that the new vehicle has to be "assembled" in America. That would include imports that have assembly plants here, wouldn't it? I would rather see it say "one of the Detroit 3". If it said one of the big three, that could mean GM, Ford or Toyota....

I agree with the Detroit 3 too. Unfortunately, that option is gone. We will have to live with "assembled in the USA". That will be a nice little sting for the dickheads that decided to send the Fusion...etc to Mehico.

Were did you see this information for 5K for your trade in.

Not sure how true it is but I heard that if you take the 25k voucher they will take the taxes from that out of your 50k cash so you still have 25k to play with on a car. Then that leaves with about 28k cash to live on.

ouch!!