WAP

thezip

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower 50 seniority on ILO to make room for 50 MTP people who,now are not going to DTP and woodhaven. So i think that gets rid of all with 2002 seniority maybe even a few 2001.

There are no MTP people waiting to go to DTP. When the signups went up Engine & DSP/DDMP were posted as separate plants -- not as Rouge site, so DTP already took everyone that signed up from MTP & Wayne. And actually, all the MTP people went back except one - they said they weren't given all the correct facts before they came over.

There are no MTP people waiting to go to DTP. When the signups went up Engine & DSP/DDMP were posted as separate plants -- not as Rouge site, so DTP already took everyone that signed up from MTP & Wayne. And actually, all the MTP people went back except one - they said they weren't given all the correct facts before they came over.

My husband is from MTP and he hasnt went any where...still waiting to go back and the countdown has begun on his subpay..how much longer do they want us to wait?? Husband calls every Monday and gets the run around from union,Greg Poet and Chuck Browning...told him last week that Dearborn Engine doesn't want to take MTP people because they are over staffed ..told him that they would go to WAP or ISA eventually...well I think it is CRAP that my husband has 17 years seniority and people with 2000 seniority are still working and we are stressing about the time limits on our pay...CRAP...

What about when we were told the layoffs would'nt count against the Sub Pay that only if you did'nt have a return to work date they would start to count. Anyone heard anything about that or was it a load of BS to get everyone to vote Yes for the concessions? :censored:

Edited by MTPwife

What about when we were told the layoffs would'nt count against the Sub Pay that only if you did'nt have a return to work date they would start to count. Anyone heard anything about that or was it a load of BS to get everyone to vote Yes for the concessions? :censored:

They're not counting against us, As long as were TLO. And there is people that are signed up for DTP as there second preference if engine doesn't take us. Were hearing now that 900 is going to wait to see how many buyouts come out of engine so we could possibly be placed. Guess we will wait till may 22 now. And if none of these options become available we will be placed back at Wayne. Good luck everyone.

60 laid off per week for the next 5 weeks so good luck we r all screwed.

Did not hear that one.Was told that if enough people do not take a buyout that a big layoff was coming.But have yet to hear a number that ford wants gone.Layoffs with a possibility for call back but not until they open new plant.Hmm maybe ill go buy that new F150 and let fomoco pay for it for the year....Or not!!

My husband is from MTP and he hasnt went any where...still waiting to go back and the countdown has begun on his subpay..how much longer do they want us to wait?? Husband calls every Monday and gets the run around from union,Greg Poet and Chuck Browning...told him last week that Dearborn Engine doesn't want to take MTP people because they are over staffed ..told him that they would go to WAP or ISA eventually...well I think it is CRAP that my husband has 17 years seniority and people with 2000 seniority are still working and we are stressing about the time limits on our pay...CRAP...

Maybe he should call 3-4 times a week, not like he is the only one in this predicament...

Your husband chose to go to dearborn not wap so he should have to wait for work available.We have a new contract in case you werent aware the 4,6,10 rule is not in there anymore.He cant just pick where he wants to work.He just made a stupid desicion. Sorry.Also there are no more 2000 sen at wap.

Your husband chose to go to dearborn not wap so he should have to wait for work available.We have a new contract in case you werent aware the 4,6,10 rule is not in there anymore.He cant just pick where he wants to work.He just made a stupid desicion. Sorry.Also there are no more 2000 sen at wap.

Actually there are at least 35 to 40 people with 2000 seniority at WAP and about 10 with 2001.That is until tonight when they tell us we have been selected to go on ILO.

Actually there are at least 35 to 40 people with 2000 seniority at WAP and about 10 with 2001.That is until tonight when they tell us we have been selected to go on ILO.

when are they going to put you on ILO ? :o any dates ?

:stirpot:

No dates.This was thru a friend who is at saline who's "source" is at hdqtrs and has been spot on with info as far as down weeks and the such.So with that said my post was speculative at best. However it would not surprise me to see them coming around 5 minutes before the end of the shift to tell people "congratulations, you have been selected for a seniority based layoff, and have a nice night".

4,6,10 rule is not in there anymore?????????? Is there a 4,6,10 rule ?

The contract was a national contract and the "6-10-15 rule" is in the local contract..... Not quite the same thing..

Did all the 2000 seniority people leave last night?

Actually we were told the positions were open all ready and that we were replacing buyouts and retired people. But apparently that was BS. So now we sit and wait. Sorry for trying to go to a open job so someone else could stay at Wayne.

Actually we were told the positions were open all ready and that we were replacing buyouts and retired people. But apparently that was BS. So now we sit and wait. Sorry for trying to go to a open job so someone else could stay at Wayne.

There are now 80 on ILO this week..2 waves of 60 each within next month, equalling 200... from there they are bringing in a team of engineers to re-balance an eliminate 3rd crew at ISA and reduce line speed to 56 an hour,after 6-10-15 rule there will be losses resulting in at least 20% of the remaining workforce, another 200-300 brothers and sisters. And at same time the sorry ass leadership has told you that everyone is going to be OK, no one from 900 will be in the street"(BILL JOHNSON) etc. etc...this is in the minutes from the union meeting and you are entitled to see if you go to local and ask. The political BS that Bill Johnson and his cronies have been spreading is being put in the light, and as you notice..NONE of the bargaining have been on the floor since this has come out.WAKE UP!!! The worst thing we can do is sit idle while the politicians destroy our chances of supporting our families...this is the TRUTH...more to follow soon...

Well,didnt recieve a layoff but was told by union to be prepared if it wasnt next thursday then to expect a phone call while on down weeks.Also the layoffs are a TLO not an ILO so they dont count towards the whole subpay reduction concession debacle from what i understand,however heard possible 4 10s which is an alt work schedule i believe so they would start to count then i suppose.I gave em my no vote not sure what else i can do.

Taking the Easter Holiday into account, when is the next Union Meeting?

I saw a bulletin last night, I forgot exactly where it was posted. It mentioned the

2 cancelled meetings (Easter and Mother's Day), and said something to the effect of

"see you in June". So that would be the second Sunday in June ... the 14th.

We'll have to wait till this whole ecocomy and subsequent game of musical chairs plays out before we'll know who made a stupid decision. If you believe your job security is stronger at local 900 than local 600, then I suppose you would believe that. That is if you're even thinking that far into it. Gas prices are going to rise with the temperature. If this economy and the auto industry doesn't start picking up by the end of the year, things are going to another level. I'm not sure what that entails. If Ford is forced to start kicking people to the street and folks at WAP or slated for MAP get the boot, you won't have any rights that allow you to bump into Dearborn(or anywhere else for that matter). Us stupid decion makers, on the other hand can bump anywhere in local 600 if there is no work available. I hope the economy picks up and every last, single worker that has lost a job or been put on unemployment gets back to work. But if FOMOCO is forced to start kicking people to the street, and I mean ASSEMBLY PLANT PEOPLE, I would NOT want all my horses hitched to local 900. I'm not the only one that can see that entire local being completely dissolved. Stupid is as stupid does. And that's all I have to say about that!

:stop:

The word I heard before all of the layoffs started was close to 400 - 600 when all was said and done. When the shift drops at isa they will take what they need and the rest are gone. the rest of the people being laid off will come from the bottom of the seniority list from wap. Word is you will need 93 seniority to stay in isa.

Where it gets interesting is if somebody with lets say 15 years seniority wants to use 6-10-15 to come to wap from isa if they do not make the cut, they would have to bump someone with 6-10 years. Thats how the 6-10-15 works. Now if they get rid of the amount of people they claim from wap there will be nobody left in that bracket. So now what? Does somebody with 15 years go on ilo while somebody with 13 years works? This is going to get real messy.

The word I heard before all of the layoffs started was close to 400 - 600 when all was said and done. When the shift drops at isa they will take what they need and the rest are gone. the rest of the people being laid off will come from the bottom of the seniority list from wap. Word is you will need 93 seniority to stay in isa.

Where it gets interesting is if somebody with lets say 15 years seniority wants to use 6-10-15 to come to wap from isa if they do not make the cut, they would have to bump someone with 6-10 years. Thats how the 6-10-15 works. Now if they get rid of the amount of people they claim from wap there will be nobody left in that bracket. So now what? Does somebody with 15 years go on ilo while somebody with 13 years works? This is going to get real messy.

And just think, all of those UAW Ford people at the Rouge with 1999, 2000, 2002 seniority...............................

:gang:

And thats why people are mad because they were told nobody was getting laid off. So instead of going to Dearborn where there seniority would be high they stayed and now must hear all the rumors. Again, this is only talk in the plant.

now you are hitting the nail on the head...