WAP

thezip

My hubby has heard that they're doing a seniority adjustment for WAP & ISA. Anyone else hear this?

Arent they combining the two unions now?I had heard something to that effect.That is something that should have been done once all foci prod. was moved to WAP.Open it up to seniority placement.Then they can do their seniority layoffs a little more fairly.Though with my seniority i would just stay where im at now TLO!!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent they combining the two unions now?I had heard something to that effect.That is something that should have been done once all foci prod. was moved to WAP.Open it up to seniority placement.Then they can do their seniority layoffs a little more fairly.Though with my seniority i would just stay where im at now TLO!!

lol yea wouldnt have helped us out much..

heard they are not merging the 2. next week while we are off they will be setting up the reallocation for the line speed reduction at WAP and finalizing the cuts. WAP will end up around 200 gone when all is said and done, around 97-98 seniority and ISA cutting around 350-450 with 93- possibly early 94 making the cut.

Whether or not there is an agreement to allow straight up bumping over to WAP from ISA for those cut I don't know. Heard they will have to 6-10-15 over but maybe a deal will be worked out between the 2 unions. If they have to 6-10-15 not many will make it over. Need 15 years to bump someone with 10 out and there won't be many with 10 to bump out

lol yea wouldnt have helped us out much..

Not even a little bit.Now with even more cuts looming makes you wonder how long this tlo will last before it becomes an ilo?Hopefully they finish next door sooner then they are thinking and we can get called back!

Not even a little bit.Now with even more cuts looming makes you wonder how long this tlo will last before it becomes an ilo?Hopefully they finish next door sooner then they are thinking and we can get called back!

i was told by an electrcian that they want to be up and running by jan 2010 lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that it true!!!!!!!!keep the faITH :happy feet:

i was told by an electrcian that they want to be up and running by jan 2010 lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that it true!!!!!!!!keep the faITH :happy feet:

What was he smokin??

Want to be and what is possible are two different things.

Your off by 12 whole months. Job 1 is now Jan 2011. That means late 4th qt. 2010 start up.

i hope everyone that gets laid off stays on TLO until we move next door. The only problem I see is they did not negotiate this sub pay deal with the idea to keep people receiving it until they are placed or the new plant is done. This sub pay deal is not to benefit us, they wanted it to weed people out. They will probably not switch it to ILO until all the layoffs are done.

i hope everyone that gets laid off stays on TLO until we move next door. The only problem I see is they did not negotiate this sub pay deal with the idea to keep people receiving it until they are placed or the new plant is done. This sub pay deal is not to benefit us, they wanted it to weed people out. They will probably not switch it to ILO until all the layoffs are done.

The switch to ilo makes some sense.put us out on ilo to burn up our benefits then staff MAP with as many second tier as they can.Good thing my lease is almost up thats $300 a month i wont have to spend.

The switch to ilo makes some sense.put us out on ilo to burn up our benefits then staff MAP with as many second tier as they can.Good thing my lease is almost up thats $300 a month i wont have to spend.

they cannot hire for MAP until they call everyone with call back rights..

The line reduction has been pushed back until July. The area manager, and superintendent on afternoons told us last night. They are still evaluating how to do lay-offs. Union trying to hold company off for awhile.

My guess is the union is hoping with summer coming that gas prices will rise and there wil be a spike in focus sales. Then the company willdelay the lay-offs.

My guess is the union is hoping with summer coming that gas prices will rise and there wil be a spike in focus sales. Then the company willdelay the lay-offs.

gas prices are already on the way up, only gonna help our sales.. now only if we could get back to leasing the car we'd be good.. my wifes aunt went to lease one with a 700+ credit rating, denied.. can you believe that.. ended up getting a Fusion instead.

For those of you not working this week.... The union told us today that they added ANOTHER down week. We now work the weeks of the 18th and 25th. Off the weeks of June 1, 8 and 15, work the week of the 22nd then off again for the 29th and July 6th. I'm starting to have Truck Plant deja vous.

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but I think DTP has had some of their down weeks rescinded.

Sorry I ment Michigan Truck. We were off 10 weeks last summer. Starting to think it going to happen again at Wayne.

Rumors for today;

Back to work for two weeks then lay off for three weeks..

The midnight shift will not be cancelled at this time, maybe later......

Surplus build will be balanced by more temporary lay off weeks....

Maybe later as in.. they were talking June and maybe July.. looking farther out than that?

With a 180 to 200 day supply. Sh*t we could take off the rest of the year. I just want to know why there hanging on to so many people?? Everybody is over rolled and running 3 shifts in body and 2 in trim and these cars aren't selling. :shades: