WAP

thezip

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also received my ILO notice todaay which I was expecting since the buyout window closed today... But while on Freep.com they have a article that states "Ford Extends Buyout Window until June 26". When I was first laid off in March it was coded ILO then later that afternoon they called and changed to TLO. Jose (committee person) informed me "due to the fact there is a buyout package open the company cannot place you on ILO until they know the exact amount of folks that will be signing up for it. All that being said can anybody tell me wouldnt that still be the case since they extended the offer?? Called Jose he is still checking on information. So if you can give me any insight it would be nice.

One more piece of info he told me they worked out a deal that would cease any additional layoffs (which is a good thing for those we are working :happy feet: ) lets pray that blessing comes our way!!

any deal that ceases layoffs is worthless. it is a good thing to have it, but it all depends on selling cars. if sales dont pick up soon, and really soon, people with a lot higher sen. aren't going to be safe. ford has recently said that if sales don't pickup by dec. they will be on the same path as gm and chrysler

any deal that ceases layoffs is worthless. it is a good thing to have it, but it all depends on selling cars. if sales dont pick up soon, and really soon, people with a lot higher sen. aren't going to be safe. ford has recently said that if sales don't pickup by dec. they will be on the same path as gm and chrysler

Well I think if they can save jobs for now is a win for them and their families. Who knows whats going to happen by Dec hell who knows what will happen next week after GM files Chapter whatever.

Now since I have been off for awhile I have heard and read reports on Ford no where have I found that they will soon be in the same boat. All media reports Ford is putting out is they are fine they have sufficent funds even to endure worst sales numbers. In fact, they stated on many many media outlets such as Larry King "We see no need to layoff any blue color workers"-but thats not true so who the hell knows anymore.

Well I think if they can save jobs for now is a win for them and their families. Who knows whats going to happen by Dec hell who knows what will happen next week after GM files Chapter whatever.

Now since I have been off for awhile I have heard and read reports on Ford no where have I found that they will soon be in the same boat. All media reports Ford is putting out is they are fine they have sufficent funds even to endure worst sales numbers. In fact, they stated on many many media outlets such as Larry King "We see no need to layoff any blue color workers"-but thats not true so who the hell knows anymore.

bump

I just wanted to say congrats for those of you (50) who have been called back to WAP. Dont work too hard!!! :hyper:

When did they get called back?I had heard a rumor about that but hadnt read any new posts about it.

I heard only 13 were coming back as of last night. I hope you are right that it's 50.

Monday I spoke with my committee man informed me that they had about 42 openings after the first buyout and they were calling folks back to fill those spots. My friend who was laid off May 1st said he got a call yesterday to report back June 15th. Then another person said the plant talk was that 50 were returning this is the Assembly side I cant speak on folks from ISA but I hope they return as well. So I think that the only ILO's now are '02 folks like me. One last bit of info committee man also said that those still on ILO, sub weeks are not going to be deducted (dont know how true that is). He said they are hoping those still on ILO will either return to WAP after the buyout ends June 26 or go elsewhere. So keep your fingers crosssed cause you know things change so fast who knows what the future holds.

Monday I spoke with my committee man informed me that they had about 42 openings after the first buyout and they were calling folks back to fill those spots. My friend who was laid off May 1st said he got a call yesterday to report back June 15th. Then another person said the plant talk was that 50 were returning this is the Assembly side I cant speak on folks from ISA but I hope they return as well. So I think that the only ILO's now are '02 folks like me. One last bit of info committee man also said that those still on ILO, sub weeks are not going to be deducted (dont know how true that is). He said they are hoping those still on ILO will either return to WAP after the buyout ends June 26 or go elsewhere. So keep your fingers crosssed cause you know things change so fast who knows what the future holds.

Yea that stuff can change rapidly.I didnt get a call.I have 2000 seniority.

Yea that stuff can change rapidly.I didnt get a call.I have 2000 seniority.

Best advice talk to Labor maybe you can find out what number you are on the call back list or contact Bill, Scott or Dwayne. The plant will be down for two weeks maybe you will get your call during that time. Hell, they laid me off while the plant was down maybe it will work in reverse for you!!!! :stats:

Did anyone goto the Union Meeting & if so, anything new been said? :banghead:

yes, i was there.i did not see any chairperson, and jr. said there are going to be job postings - sheldon,saline and one other, um, i believe he said monday ( 6-15-09 ) the postings go up. any people that go from wayne,isa those jobs will be backfilled from layoff people. also postings' are available to all to sign/w rtbu rights'also the demo @ mi trk is two weeks ahead of schedule & being done by our people. it was called for & passed that there will be no meetings in july,august ......... hope this helps.

yes, i was there.i did not see any chairperson, and jr. said there are going to be job postings - sheldon,saline and one other, um, i believe he said monday ( 6-15-09 ) the postings go up. any people that go from wayne,isa those jobs will be backfilled from layoff people. also postings' are available to all to sign/w rtbu rights'also the demo @ mi trk is two weeks ahead of schedule & being done by our people. it was called for & passed that there will be no meetings in july,august ......... hope this helps.

Are you eligible for temp postings if you are on TLO or ILO?