Transit Connect

Yeah it looks like the tansit connect is going to KCAP not the transit like BOB KING SAID. What a surprise IUAW LIED TO YOU GUYS IN KANSAS CITY!!!!!!!

We will see, if you read the entire article several states were on the list, so if Louisville were picked does that mean they are getting the Transit, f&%k no, time will tell who's lying. As I am unable to tell the future and you are, keep the guessing and finger pointing to yourself, hell, know one will no anything for at least 2 years who is getting what. Speculation, nothing but speculation. :redcard: They could send the Transit minus powertrain to anywhere to put in the batteries and powertrains. Nice to know it's here, and only 8 miles from home, it's a job, and in the US. :happy feet:

Edited by kalu

We will see, if you read the entire article several states were on the list, so if Louisville were picked does that mean they are getting the Transit, f&%k no, time will tell who's lying. As I am unable to tell the future and you are, keep the guessing and finger pointing to yourself, hell, know one will no anything for at least 2 years who is getting what. Speculation, nothing but speculation. :redcard: They could send the Transit minus powertrain to anywhere to put in the batteries and powertrains. Nice to know it's here, and only 8 miles from home, it's a job, and in the US. :happy feet:

Why would they put the plant to retro-fit the vans in kc if the van was getting built in ohio makes NO SENSE!!! You can bet they put the transit connect in kc. Only time will tell,I hope your right for your sake.

If you read it, maybe I'm wrong but they say a version of Ford Motor Co.’s new Transit Connect light-duty vehicle, it does not say that they were using the Transit Connect and if you look at the picture of vehicle their going to build it does not look like the Transit or the Connect.

If you read it, maybe I'm wrong but they say a version of Ford Motor Co.’s new Transit Connect light-duty vehicle, it does not say that they were using the Transit Connect and if you look at the picture of vehicle their going to build it does not look like the Transit or the Connect.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansasci....html?ana=yfcpc

"Starting next year, Hansel said, the plant will manufacture an electric version of Ford Motor Co.’s new Transit Connect light-duty vehicle."

"A 200,000-vehicle-a-year market is anticipated for such trucks, and Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. plans to grab an initial 5 percent, or 10,000-truck, share of that market."

Yea Brother, I'm glad you said that because that's how I read it, too.

If you read it, maybe I'm wrong but they say a version of Ford Motor Co.'s new Transit Connect light-duty vehicle, it does not say that they were using the Transit Connect and if you look at the picture of vehicle their going to build it does not look like the Transit or the Connect.

If you read the whole article, it says they will build two different vehicles. The picture is of the Newton, not the connect. The article plainly says they will be building the electric version of the Transit Connect. Logic would suggest that they would have the shell of the vehicle delivered from Ford to have the electric powertrain installed.

If you read the whole article, it says they will build two different vehicles. The picture is of the Newton, not the connect. The article plainly says they will be building the electric version of the Transit Connect. Logic would suggest that they would have the shell of the vehicle delivered from Ford to have the electric powertrain installed.

Exactly, which could come from anywhere. Until anyone starts building these promised vehicles it's anyones GUESS. So for NOW KCAP is said to get Transit, NOT Transit connect. One good thing is Kansas City Missouri is getting new jobs period... :rockon: I am sure this will grow with time, rumours always do :stirpot: , this is not a huge complex, 100k sq. ft., I have seen the property. I will believe it when it happens that the Transit Connect will sell 200k a year.

For sure the vehicle will be shipped minus powertrain, or more likely powertrain to assembly plant. 100,000 sq ft of floor space and 100 jobs is nowhere near enough to build vehicles.

Why would they put the plant to retro-fit the vans in kc if the van was getting built in ohio makes NO SENSE!!! You can bet they put the transit connect in kc. Only time will tell,I hope your right for your sake.

Just keep guessing, you don't know. So untill we start building whatever they send us I am going with what the company has said, KCAP to get TRANSIT, it's all we have to go on for now. And who said the company would do something that makes sense? It's maybe 10k a year that they would build once up to speed. So keep stirring the :stirpot: if it makes you feel better. :hysterical:

I see what your saying it's kind of a 50/50 wording, I read it as a version being similar in size but not the same it's like they needed something to compare it to, I don't know only time will tell.

For sure the vehicle will be shipped minus powertrain, or more likely powertrain to assembly plant. 100,000 sq ft of floor space and 100 jobs is nowhere near enough to build vehicles.

Lets see the econoline gets re-fitted for multiple commercial uses and all contractors are with in 50 miles, the super duty trucks at ktp get re-fitted for commercial use all contractors are within 50 miles to cut down on shipping cost.Makes NO SENSE to ship from ohio to kc to get electric powertrain then possible back to the east coast for final destination.All you have to do is use a little common sense.

I see what your saying it's kind of a 50/50 wording, I read it as a version being similar in size but not the same it's like they needed something to compare it to, I don't know only time will tell.

Don't know where you see the words "version being similar in size but not the same" in this sentence.

Starting next year, Hansel said, the plant will manufacture an electric version of Ford Motor Co.’s new Transit Connect light-duty vehicle.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Lets see the econoline gets re-fitted for multiple commercial uses and all contractors are with in 50 miles, the super duty trucks at ktp get re-fitted for commercial use all contractors are within 50 miles to cut down on shipping cost.Makes NO SENSE to ship from ohio to kc to get electric powertrain then possible back to the east coast for final destination.All you have to do is use a little common sense.

Just keep guessing :hysterical: .When you have credible info post it. Again, when has Ford used common sense. :banghead:

I will believe it when it happens that the Transit Connect will sell 200k a year.

The article doesn't say anything about the TC selling 200k a year.

A 200,000-vehicle-a-year market is anticipated for such trucks, and Smith Electric Vehicles U.S. plans to grab an initial 5 percent, or 10,000-truck, share of that market.

Seriously, is reading comprehension not part of the core curriculum in high schools anymore? :headscratch:

Edited by Pioneer

Instead of arguing with each other, the people that work at the Kansas City Assembly plant should be asking their leadership why Ford is outsourcing their jobs. No matter if the TC is built in Ohio or Missouri, if it is modded in Kansas City, it should be done at KCAP.

Instead of arguing with each other, the people that work at the Kansas City Assembly plant should be asking their leadership why Ford is outsourcing their jobs. No matter if the TC is built in Ohio or Missouri, if it is modded in Kansas City, it should be done at KCAP.

Man, were not building anything but F-150 and Escape right now, come on people, take a pill. It will be 2 years until Escape is gone, CHILL PEOPLE :hysterical: Nothing like :hysterical: jumping the gun. You guys up north worry to much. Wait a couple years and we will find out, BABY STEPS. :hysterical:

I am using common sense. We ship transmissions all over the place for install. Shipping the powertrains is alot more cost effective than shipping the vehicle. They dont ship the vehicle for powertrain install anywhere that I know of. Im just speculating but I dont think 100,000sq ft and 100 employees is enough to manufacture, store, and install powertrains. They also say they are building for more than Ford. So who says their choice of facility location has anything to do with where the ford assembly plant is?

I am using common sense. We ship transmissions all over the place for install. Shipping the powertrains is alot more cost effective than shipping the vehicle. They dont ship the vehicle for powertrain install anywhere that I know of. Im just speculating but I dont think 100,000sq ft and 100 employees is enough to manufacture, store, and install powertrains. They also say they are building for more than Ford. So who says their choice of facility location has anything to do with where the ford assembly plant is?

Thank you :D

Thank you :D

You ship transmissions to all ford plants, so what trannys come from overseas too, what the fuck does that have to do with shipping whole vehicles.I'm done trying to explain this I really don't care who's builds it. I was more upset that iuaw would lie to us just to get us to vote for concessions that was the whole point of the first post!!!!!! sorry if I offended you kalu that was not my intention.