CHICAGO

gtjay69

Have not heard that. In June we will be starting job 1 of the 2010 Taurus and last I seen still scheduled for one shift with about 1 or 2 months of overtime before our August vacation. I know back in Oct., Nov. some in labor relations were thinking 2 shifts around then but you have seen sales have went down since then with not much positive looking ahead. I would think within a year though since we will be launching the Explorer around that time.

The number one thing that will dictate what happens will be sales and I hope for the best.

Edited by fmccap

We were told system fill would begin for the 2010 Taurus the day after memorial day. I'm looking foward to getting back to a little overtine soon. If this car looks as good as it does in bare sheet metal, I think it should sell pretty well. It all depends on the economy. ANALists predict a better second half of the year for the auto industry; hope they are correct. Just keep your fingers crossed. :hyper:

:hysterical: I guess all that shit talk about your union just stops now huh??? :hysterical: im glad you guys got the new shifts and products , it s great. But your politics sucks and the people who guided you through this minefield and ultimately got you this stuff deserves a THANK YOU!!

ALL YOU BACKBENCHING , BIGMOUTHS GOT SOME 'SPLAINING TO DO !!! :hysterical:

CAP will build explorer and taurus?

Yes. Chicago will start the Taurus this summer and will launch the 2011 Explorer the following year. The news channels are reporting that we will be bringing back 300 jobs this summer to prepare for the launch of the Explorer.l

I keep hearing 1,000 employees for CAP. I'm sure ford will probably try to transfer as many as they can or get them out of the system. as for new products at chicago. we should certainly thank the union, the plant manager, and all the seniority employees that are actually doing a job. no thanks to all those restricted individuals draining Ford.

I keep hearing 1,000 employees for CAP. I'm sure ford will probably try to transfer as many as they can or get them out of the system. as for new products at chicago. we should certainly thank the union, the plant manager, and all the seniority employees that are actually doing a job. no thanks to all those restricted individuals draining Ford.

We will probably need 1000 when the explorer has come into production and the second shift is needed, but as for this summer the plan is to launch the Taurus with one shift and prepare for the Explorer some six months or so afterwards from my understanding.

LAP has about 500 extra people right now these workers will be able to follow their product when CAP starts making the explorer.

I would like to know the answer to you being able to follow your work. So far we have been denied this right at Maumee Stamping with a grievance that has never been settled or signed off. Good luck brother and let me know what happens to all of you.

I would like to know the answer to you being able to follow your work. So far we have been denied this right at Maumee Stamping with a grievance that has never been settled or signed off. Good luck brother and let me know what happens to all of you.

I have heard of this term in the past concerning following your work, but have not ever seen it play out like that. If your product is going to another location then that location may or may not have any jobs available, therefore leaving dislocated workers with only the option to transfer to any plants that are currently needing the help. When SLAP closed down there was not any positions available to follow s, we were offered jobs in Chicago or Kansas City. It was take it or leave it and I'm afraid that is the reality of our circumstances.

I have heard of this term in the past concerning following your work, but have not ever seen it play out like that. If your product is going to another location then that location may or may not have any jobs available, therefore leaving dislocated workers with only the option to transfer to any plants that are currently needing the help. When SLAP closed down there was not any positions available to follow s, we were offered jobs in Chicago or Kansas City. It was take it or leave it and I'm afraid that is the reality of our circumstances.

We have signed up for everything that has come in with our classifications and thats the last we hear about it. Recently, some T/D left only to get laid off I hear. Atleast they have a plant to call home!

When the explorer moves to CAP form LAP they will survey LAP people to see who would like to follow their product. They do this to all products that are moved to another location.

The expedition was just moved to KTP form MTP and they brought 200 people with it.

Why would you leave LAP for Chicago.....Louisville much nicer......Don't say for a job cause LAP is being retooled...

If vehicles don't start selling I wouldn't count on LAP being retooled. If they don't need the capacity somebodies plant is going to close.

The reason SLAP was not offered a transfer was because LAP was not taking the product from them. Lap was already building the Explorer. When CAP begins building the explorer the emploees at LAP should be offered a transfer to CAP since it will be a new product being built there and they are taking it from LAP. I haven't read the language in several years but I will go back and read it when I get back to work and see if the plant losing the product must also be closing before a transfer of operations takes place. If there is anyone that has the language with them could they please respond since I am on layoff for a couple more weeks. No I will not be going in on my own time any longer, I work only when I get paid now. Sorry.

Don't be surprised if that 2nd shift is added on a 'temporary' basis. Then they wont accept transfers from anywhere. They did it before. I was there 2 years ago to help with tooling for the explorer. Yes 2 years ago. So I wouldn't kiss all of your union just yet. Chicago has been slated to get the explorer for probably 3 years now. Anyway, half of the plant were 'temporary' workers at that time. I understand they worked there for about 2 years. Some of them at least. You couldn't pay me double to work there. It's in a terrible area. Between the terrible roads, and the vandalism/theft in their own parking lot, and the insane price of housing. There was one day where 2 motorcycles were stolen and a F-250 Harley was sitting on it's rotors where someone stole the rims. That was one day! I guess they have cameras :hysterical: A slightly better than middle of the road house in a good school district is about $300k. At least 2 years ago it was. Chicago's sales tax is over 10% and the suburbs is just under 10% I think. Nearby Indiana used to be cheaper but is catching up to Illinois from what I understand. Indiana had just flooded when I was there. The major interstate was closed for a week and homes were under water everywhere. I think Indiana flooded again last year. I remember seeing a hospital & a Target under water on the news. If I had 25 years and Chicago were my last option I might go. It would have to be my very last option though.

What part of,Mr Gettyfinger took care of LAP, don't you understand? Lap is taking a descent selling vehicle the Escape from KCAP and in return KCAP gets a Van which might have enough orders to run 1 shift...

I thought LAP is being retooled to build the next generation Focus and the Kuga. It wouldn't surprise me if they either renamed the Kuga as the American version o the Escape or if they just drop the Escape name.

What part of,Mr Gettyfinger took care of LAP, don't you understand? Lap is taking a descent selling vehicle the Escape from KCAP and in return KCAP gets a Van which might have enough orders to run 1 shift...

What part of, it has not been retooled yet, don't you understand, so anything can happen. If you don't think Ford won't change their minds on some of these plants you are dreaming.

Don't be surprised if that 2nd shift is added on a 'temporary' basis. Then they wont accept transfers from anywhere. They did it before. I was there 2 years ago to help with tooling for the explorer. Yes 2 years ago. So I wouldn't kiss all of your union just yet. Chicago has been slated to get the explorer for probably 3 years now. Anyway, half of the plant were 'temporary' workers at that time. I understand they worked there for about 2 years. Some of them at least. You couldn't pay me double to work there. It's in a terrible area. Between the terrible roads, and the vandalism/theft in their own parking lot, and the insane price of housing. There was one day where 2 motorcycles were stolen and a F-250 Harley was sitting on it's rotors where someone stole the rims. That was one day! I guess they have cameras :hysterical: A slightly better than middle of the road house in a good school district is about $300k. At least 2 years ago it was. Chicago's sales tax is over 10% and the suburbs is just under 10% I think. Nearby Indiana used to be cheaper but is catching up to Illinois from what I understand. Indiana had just flooded when I was there. The major interstate was closed for a week and homes were under water everywhere. I think Indiana flooded again last year. I remember seeing a hospital & a Target under water on the news. If I had 25 years and Chicago were my last option I might go. It would have to be my very last option though.

With the products that CAP will be getting in the next year, it will be a good place for a long term job security. We are the only plant left in America building full size cars and the Taurus is getting rave reviews and I'll expect more of the same from this next Explorer. Thefts, taxes and natural disasters happen everywhere these days. If you can't afford a three hundred dollar house then maybe you should buy a cheaper one in a decent neighborhood. You have some serious misconceptions about Chicago.

With the products that CAP will be getting in the next year, it will be a good place for a long term job security. We are the only plant left in America building full size cars and the Taurus is getting rave reviews and I'll expect more of the same from this next Explorer. Thefts, taxes and natural disasters happen everywhere these days. If you can't afford a three hundred dollar house then maybe you should buy a cheaper one in a decent neighborhood. You have some serious misconceptions about Chicago.

CAP is no safer than any of the other plants. With Gettlefinger out the door soon, even Kentucky could close.