2010 Fusion Sport FWD Tuxedo Black w/Pics

kngelv

This is my original post from April 9th.....

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport FWD at the end of February. It was released from the factory March 23rd put on a train on the 24th and arrived at my dealer on April 2nd. That's nine days from Hermisillo to Metro Detroit. I picked it up friday and thus far have around 500 miles on it. It is Tuxedo Black Metallic has the 402a package with charcoal inserts plus navigation. Before ordering I test drove the loaded versions of the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu and VW Passat. My parents have a Camry Hybrid so I'm very familiar with that car. I also drove my friends 08 Fusion SEL with the S package. The Fusion fit me the best but the others seemed to have nicer quality materials and were quieter. I read all about the upgrades to the 2010 and got a close look at one at the Detroit Auto Show. I came real close to buying the Mazda 6 but am glad I held out for the Fusion. The car is awesome. The interior is much quieter than the previous Fusion's. On asphalt it is eerily quiet. On concrete at freeway speeds there is a bit of tire noise which is to be expected with 18 inch lower profile tires. The seats are much more supportive than the 08 Fusion and the leather is nicer too. All the interior materials are much improved and softer to the touch. The navigation system is second to none. The Sony sound system is much better than I thought it would be. It crushes the Bose system in the Mazda 6. I'm averaging averaging 23.7 mpg with mixed city/highway driving which I expect to improve once the motor breaks in. Wait till you see the Tuxedo Black Metallic in person. It absolutely sparkles in direct sunlight. It looks so much better than the Tuxedo Black Clearcoat. The only problem so far is the ambient lighting for the footwells was never installed at the factory. The holes for the lights are there but the lights themselves are not.

Here is the update and finally with pics......

I now have around 1400 miles and the current tank is at 24.1 mpg. The dealer installed the the lighting in the footwells and everything is good so far.

James

post-27448-1240760814_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760833_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760841_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760850_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760858_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760871_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760884_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760896_thumb.jpg

post-27448-1240760906_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking car. Which dealership did you order from?? My Fusion Hybrid is going to Southgate Ford. I can only hope and pray for a 9 day shipment time from Mexico to Metro Detroit!

Hines Park Ford in Milford.

She's a beauty. The pic of the paint doesn't do it justice. The black looks great in the sun, all the different specks of color. A Minnesota winter shows up too much on black paint. Any plans to tint the windows? What kind of driving gave you the 24mpg?

Around 60% highway at 75-80mph the rest is mixed city and backroads.

This is my original post from April 9th.....

I ordered my 2010 Fusion Sport FWD at the end of February. It was released from the factory March 23rd put on a train on the 24th and arrived at my dealer on April 2nd. That's nine days from Hermisillo to Metro Detroit. I picked it up friday and thus far have around 500 miles on it. It is Tuxedo Black Metallic has the 402a package with charcoal inserts plus navigation. Before ordering I test drove the loaded versions of the Mazda 6, Honda Accord, Chevy Malibu and VW Passat. My parents have a Camry Hybrid so I'm very familiar with that car. I also drove my friends 08 Fusion SEL with the S package. The Fusion fit me the best but the others seemed to have nicer quality materials and were quieter. I read all about the upgrades to the 2010 and got a close look at one at the Detroit Auto Show. I came real close to buying the Mazda 6 but am glad I held out for the Fusion. The car is awesome. The interior is much quieter than the previous Fusion's. On asphalt it is eerily quiet. On concrete at freeway speeds there is a bit of tire noise which is to be expected with 18 inch lower profile tires. The seats are much more supportive than the 08 Fusion and the leather is nicer too. All the interior materials are much improved and softer to the touch. The navigation system is second to none. The Sony sound system is much better than I thought it would be. It crushes the Bose system in the Mazda 6. I'm averaging averaging 23.7 mpg with mixed city/highway driving which I expect to improve once the motor breaks in. Wait till you see the Tuxedo Black Metallic in person. It absolutely sparkles in direct sunlight. It looks so much better than the Tuxedo Black Clearcoat. The only problem so far is the ambient lighting for the footwells was never installed at the factory. The holes for the lights are there but the lights themselves are not.

Here is the update and finally with pics......

I now have around 1400 miles and the current tank is at 24.1 mpg. The dealer installed the the lighting in the footwells and everything is good so far.

James

Beautiful car! I have the same car, but with AWD less navigation. I love it!

People are always looking at it, especially the Honda and Audi drivers. I catch them looking at it and I can see the disbelief in their eyes. One driver was behind me in an Audi A6. I could see him looking at the rear, then he pulled next to me and stared at the side. He looked as though he was in shock. At the next light, I used slect shift and let him hear a little of the throaty roar as the RPM's increased. I wonder if he ever got over it?

Great sound system also. I have Sirius and am really enjoying it, especially the Sinatra and Elvis stations. Admittedly I use the CD player more for my opera favorites, but I think that I will keep the Sirius when the trial period expires.

This car is the best advertisment that Ford has had in many years. I am a very happy driver these days.

I've had mine since April 16.

Good luck and enjoy that great looking car.

Louis M

Just an update. I now have 2300 miles on the car. I changed the oil from the Motorcraft Semi-Synth to Mobil 1 full synth at 1800. Do not make the same dumb mistake I did. I really like Purolator Pure 1 filters but there was no listing for the 2010 Fusion so I figured an 09 MKZ would have the same filter. Wrong!! Recently on the 3.5 Ford changed the filter from the Motorcraft FL-400s to a FL-500s which has smaller threads . I found this out after draining the oil and trying to put the Purolator on. Ford Dealers are the only ones carrying the filter now. Luckily the dealer was open when I did this. My mileage is still slowly increasing to around 24.7 on the current tank. Yesterday I had 28.2mpg on the exact same 51 mile route to school (43 and back in college, auto industry buy-out) that got 26.5mpg when there were 300 miles on the motor and I was driving a bit faster too. My only complaint so far is with the stock tires. Here in the Detroit area there are some freeways with the grooved pavement and these tires catch in them and move the front end side to side a bit. Very annoying. I've never been a Goodyear fan. I'm not sure how long I can hold out with these. Thinking of going with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus but at $200.00 a tire will wait a bit longer. Very interested in the H.I.D. lighting upgrade mentioned on this forum.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to find out more about my fusion's arrival.... kngelv or others... I see that you say that you said they released your car on the 23rd (which is a monday) and put on the train the next day (tuesday).

Does anyone know the frequency of train departures and release schedules? Is it done on a weekly, bi-weekly or other sort of schedule?

I know that mexio doesn't really do the memorial day celebration, so I'm just wondering if it may be possible that mine could be shipped tomorrow if done on weekly or so schedule... As this is really very close to that schedule but seem like I'm off for a bi-weekly shipping plan.

Just curious as I need to entertain my self some how untilmy beast arrives..

Any thoughts or commetns on how shipping schedules have worked for others would be apprecited...