2009 Euro-Spec Ford Focus RS Spied On U.S. Soil

The next RS will be about one to two years after the new model and we should be getting it.

which THEORETICALLY shoud mean a better more advanced vehicle from the get go...can't WAIT to have a hands on with some HP and Revo-knuckle....

I understand all the problems with bringing this car up to US specs for safety, emissions, etc., but damn it, this is the kind of thing that drives me nuts. Here we have a really cool car that the majority of the people who comment on the road test articles and videos say things like "I want" or "please Ford, bring this here now and I will buy it yesterday" and all we hear from Ford is that the US market will get the next generation Focus RS, maybe. I know there are all kinds of reasons (excuses?) why Ford cannot (will not?) bring the 2009 model here but I honestly believe they are squandering a golden opportunity to convert a lot of hot hatch buyers away from their foreign brands. Ford needs to take advantage of all the favorable press now before the tide changes again. Remember, it hasn't been that long ago that Ford was the whipping boy of the automotive press. Delaying the sale of this car here until 2012 or 2013 risks losing the momentum. This car represents the kind of technological advancements (ex: RevoKnuckle) that Ford needs to be showcasing in the US now, not three years down the road.