When will we see rebates on the 2010 Mustangs?

kn38ms

1st post!

I am ready to purchase but only when the rebates show up.

Will Dearborn wait until all the 09's are gone?

The factory rebates available are always a reflection of the inventory in stock. There are still a lot of 2009 MY Mustangs in inventory so it will take some time before rebates on the 2010's increase much. There's been enough 2009 Mustang inventory in stock that Ford shut down the Flat Rock plant last month and is shutting down 2010 Mustang production for the last two weeks of May. Ford is being very careful about managing its inventory for all vehicle lines.

The factory rebates available are always a reflection of the inventory in stock. There are still a lot of 2009 MY Mustangs in inventory so it will take some time before rebates on the 2010's increase much. There's been enough 2009 Mustang inventory in stock that Ford shut down the Flat Rock plant last month and is shutting down 2010 Mustang production for the last two weeks of May. Ford is being very careful about managing its inventory for all vehicle lines.

Sounds like the end of summer if the 09's don't move quickly. (sigh)

Its been 4 years without a Mustang for me....

I would hope they extend the financing offers to the 2010 mustang soon. even 3.9 for 48 and 4.9 for 60 is better than the bank rates available

Capital One is offering auto loan rates as low as 4.93% for 60 months for those with good credit....

No, I don't work for Capital One, just wanted to pass some info along

Edited by gjbroder

• 4 weeks later...
800+ credit score helps a lot.......

So I heard a rumor that Ford will begin offering a $1000 rebate on the stangs starting tomorrow. I guess I will just have to wait and see if that is rumor and if it is for all stangs. Maybe it is a peace offering for the shipping hold.

So I heard a rumor that Ford will begin offering a $1000 rebate on the stangs starting tomorrow. I guess I will just have to wait and see if that is rumor and if it is for all stangs. Maybe it is a peace offering for the shipping hold.

just checked the ford website nothing on the stang. however the 2010 taurus is on it with cash back and financing offers including the SHO. No love for us mustang peeps, mine is on order to be delivered late july/aug i hope they put something on it by then. I know my local dealer still has had the same 4 since may.

• 2 weeks later...

I also did not see it on the Ford website, but when I checked with the dealer they are offering the $1000 rebate on stangs through the end of the month. Not sure if it is an area thing, or if it just not being publicized. Might want to check with your dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the Mustangs and I still don't see any rebates.

Only 1 that I can find is the $500 Military/Police rebate for a 2010.

I had been shopping for a 2009 Bullitt. That had $3500 in rebates vs $4,000 for a 2009 GT. Unfortunately, the Dealership doesn't want to deal on that car. They're asking $38,000 for a Bullitt with a $34,500 MSRP.

I've given up on buying a new Mustang. Dealerships are acting like they are gold plated...so I've moved on to a F-150.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only speak from my CT store's experience with Mustang sales this year but will share our experience here for those that are interested.

We have (7) 2010 Mustangs in stock that we wish we had months ago but were affected by the shipping holds that I've discussed in other message threads here. The 2010 Mustangs are a great improvement in many ways, especially the changes to the 2010 Mustang GT's, but the all-new 2010 model is not recognized as such to any but the die hard Mustang fans. We've sold only two 2010 Mustangs so far, both factory retail orders for GT's, which is well below our past sales experience.

The economic problems are having an effect on 2010 Mustang sales at least in our market. We only have one 2010 Mustang V6 (Convertible) in stock but our customer base has traditionally been buyers for GT's.

Ironically, we have the first 2010 Shelby GT500 in CT and last week received a wire transfer for $50,000 from a customer that wants the vehicle! Even so, we'll see soon if the customer actually takes delivery.

The Dealer Principal and I just did our new "wholesale" agreement for September vehicle production. Ford offered us (2) 2010 Mustangs and we took none. We have 7 in stock and units produced in September won't arrive until mid October at the earliest which is the end of our Mustang selling season.

We'll sell every 2010 Mustang that we can. If we can sell from our stock inventory we will. If we need to buy Mustangs from other dealers we'll do that too. Overall, we'll sell as many 2010 Mustang vehicles as we can whether it's from dealer stock or from vehicles we buy from other dealers.

I can only speak from my CT store's experience with Mustang sales this year but will share our experience here for those that are interested.

We have (7) 2010 Mustangs in stock that we wish we had months ago but were affected by the shipping holds that I've discussed in other message threads here. The 2010 Mustangs are a great improvement in many ways, especially the changes to the 2010 Mustang GT's, but the all-new 2010 model is not recognized as such to any but the die hard Mustang fans. We've sold only two 2010 Mustangs so far, both factory retail orders for GT's, which is well below our past sales experience.

The economic problems are having an effect on 2010 Mustang sales at least in our market. We only have one 2010 Mustang V6 (Convertible) in stock but our customer base has traditionally been buyers for GT's.

Ironically, we have the first 2010 Shelby GT500 in CT and last week received a wire transfer for $50,000 from a customer that wants the vehicle! Even so, we'll see soon if the customer actually takes delivery.

The Dealer Principal and I just did our new "wholesale" agreement for September vehicle production. Ford offered us (2) 2010 Mustangs and we took none. We have 7 in stock and units produced in September won't arrive until mid October at the earliest which is the end of our Mustang selling season.

We'll sell every 2010 Mustang that we can. If we can sell from our stock inventory we will. If we need to buy Mustangs from other dealers we'll do that too. Overall, we'll sell as many 2010 Mustang vehicles as we can whether it's from dealer stock or from vehicles we buy from other dealers.

This sales rate would be consistent with what I have seen at the dealers near me I have been monitoring. They still have most of thier april/may inventory and have only built on it. Personally a nice financing incentive for august could do wonders as the economy picks up people will feel more comfortable expanding thier budgets with payments.

I am seeing the same thing here in central pa. I ordered mine on March 17 got in the shipping hold. Got it on July 20. Now in the meantime they got a dark red gt at the end of april. This car is still sitting there as of today. When my stang arrived on the truck their was 2 others. One a bright red GT and a blue gt500. They have all three of them yet. Mine was the first one they sold. On a last note I did get 1000.00 rebate that was not their when I ordered.

Edited by dconfer

To anyone out there, I know some of you are dealer employees so answer at your own comfort level. Yesterday ford put 2k of rebates on the mustang in my area. my ordered car is to be built tomorrow so it will probably be delivered this month. The dealer has insinuated that they do not believe they should share these rebates with me. We have not had an in depth discussion yet as the rebates just came up but I am wondering what kind of leverage or right do I have to them. Obviously if they pull this I will never be a repeat customer or a service customer and I will communicate this. However is there anything else I can use to my advantage. I know it is behavior like this that spoils car buying and ruins the reputation of dealers in general. i did have to put down a deposit on the car so walking away is a more complicated option. Any insight would be appreciated.

To anyone out there, I know some of you are dealer employees so answer at your own comfort level. Yesterday ford put 2k of rebates on the mustang in my area. my ordered car is to be built tomorrow so it will probably be delivered this month. The dealer has insinuated that they do not believe they should share these rebates with me. We have not had an in depth discussion yet as the rebates just came up but I am wondering what kind of leverage or right do I have to them. Obviously if they pull this I will never be a repeat customer or a service customer and I will communicate this. However is there anything else I can use to my advantage. I know it is behavior like this that spoils car buying and ruins the reputation of dealers in general. i did have to put down a deposit on the car so walking away is a more complicated option. Any insight would be appreciated.

Your dealer is absolutely totally wrong. You are entitled to the rebates that are in effect when your vehicle is delivered - the dealer has no choice. The dealer can't keep customer rebates. Now if this is dealer cash then that's a different story - that's totally up to the dealer. But assuming these are customer rebates you'll get them.