Cargo Net

swsaint

Just curious if anyone got a trunk cargo net with their new car. The 2010 Milan/Milan Hybrid vehicle brochure indicates that a cargo net comes with the vehicle to facilitate organization. (Section 11 "Elements of sophistication") Ha ha that what it really says....Anyway when I got my MMH a couple of weeks ago, no cargo net. I asked the salesman about it and he indicated that he didn't know anything about them as he hadn't seen any at all in any of the new Milans. Didn't know if they were supposed to come with the Fusion. Maybe Ford changed their mind after the brochure was printed or the Chinese factory couldn't get them produced in time. Anyway, has anybody else got one with their new car? By the way I love mine so far. Thanks

Just curious if anyone got a trunk cargo net with their new car. The 2010 Milan/Milan Hybrid vehicle brochure indicates that a cargo net comes with the vehicle to facilitate organization. (Section 11 "Elements of sophistication") Ha ha that what it really says....Anyway when I got my MMH a couple of weeks ago, no cargo net. I asked the salesman about it and he indicated that he didn't know anything about them as he hadn't seen any at all in any of the new Milans. Didn't know if they were supposed to come with the Fusion. Maybe Ford changed their mind after the brochure was printed or the Chinese factory couldn't get them produced in time. Anyway, has anybody else got one with their new car? By the way I love mine so far. Thanks

I worked into my deal a set of molded splash guards. The salesman said they are on national back order. My guess is because of a redesign for 2010. The rear cargo protector tray for the 2010 isn't available yet either. I wonder if the trunk accessories aren't available because of a redesign of the trunk dimensions and not enough have been produced. The luggage volume increased from 15.8 to 16.5 cu ft and I don't know if that affected the cargo net, but I bet the protector is a different shape. I'm waiting for both.

edit:

I checked out www.fordaccessorystore.com and was able to order from my dealer a trunk protector, cargo net and all weather floor mats. There must be a similar site for Mercury accessories.

Edited by transitman

I ordered one for my sport. It looks like it sits across the opening for the trunk and you have to remove some of the fastners and replace them with the hooked ones. According to the parts guy, you also need to sut the padding in order to access one of the fastner holes. It looks like the one I had on my contour, not really great for anything heavy but better then nothing

I worked into my deal a set of molded splash guards. The salesman said they are on national back order. My guess is because of a redesign for 2010. The rear cargo protector tray for the 2010 isn't available yet either. I wonder if the trunk accessories aren't available because of a redesign of the trunk dimensions and not enough have been produced. The luggage volume increased from 15.8 to 16.5 cu ft and I don't know if that affected the cargo net, but I bet the protector is a different shape. I'm waiting for both.

edit:

I checked out www.fordaccessorystore.com and was able to order from my dealer a trunk protector, cargo net and all weather floor mats. There must be a similar site for Mercury accessories.

I guess I don't know what you are saying here transit man...

If I check the ford accessoriesstore, for modeld splash guards they are saying that they are the same for the 06-10 model years... As documented in the link below:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb...~XF2Z_16A550_AC

The cargo protector tray is listed for the 07-10 model years as well

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb...7E5Z_6111600_AA

I know that thier is a cargo area difference, but to me it sounds like the body frame is the same and that they fit... what makes you say otherwise since fords site is saying this is a supported accessory and have allocated it to the 2010 models?

I was thinking about ordering these for my fusion, so that they would be available... I'd be interested to know your thoughts on this...

I checked out www.fordaccessorystore.com and was able to order from my dealer a trunk protector, cargo net and all weather floor mats.

As stated in my edit, I was able to order through the Ford Accessories web site, to be forwarded to my dealer, the items listed above. As far as the splash guards, I was told by my salesman they are on back order. At the time of my original post I was making an assumption regarding design changes. The trunk volume is greater and the fenders are different. Sorry I didn't delete my original post. My thoughts are, I'm just a guy on a forum stating my opinions and responding to other Fusion enthusiasts. You should call or visit a dealership to see if there are any design changes of the accessories and place an order. I'm sure they will take your order, but that doesn't mean the items are immediately available.

I checked out www.fordaccessorystore.com and was able to order from my dealer a trunk protector, cargo net and all weather floor mats.

As stated in my edit, I was able to order through the Ford Accessories web site, to be forwarded to my dealer, the items listed above. As far as the splash guards, I was told by my salesman they are on back order. At the time of my original post I was making an assumption regarding design changes. The trunk volume is greater and the fenders are different. Sorry I didn't delete my original post. My thoughts are, I'm just a guy on a forum stating my opinions and responding to other Fusion enthusiasts. You should call or visit a dealership to see if there are any design changes of the accessories and place an order. I'm sure they will take your order, but that doesn't mean the items are immediately available.

No you're cool.... You had just got me worried because like I said, I wanted to order these products to have when my fusion arrived so I don't get it all full of crud.

The splash guards I can understand the back order and I want to see a bit more of the car and design of them before those are ordered...

Thanks for your reply and clarifications...

I got a call from the parts department and the all weather floor mats, cargo net and cargo area protector have been ordered. He said he couldn't find a listing for 2010 Fusion splash guards. He placed an order and said they could arrive in two weeks or six weeks.

I got a call from the parts department and the all weather floor mats, cargo net and cargo area protector have been ordered. He said he couldn't find a listing for 2010 Fusion splash guards. He placed an order and said they could arrive in two weeks or six weeks.

Are they saying that long for all your items ? Or just the splash guards? My dealer is saying parts are usually in within a couple of days (here in MA)

I bought the cargo net from my dealer... It's the same from all the other fusion models, according to the website, and the dealer parts computer. Only problem is that the hooks that come with it dont ft onto the screws.mounts that are on the '10 fusion. I havent been able to get it straightened out yet, so just a heads up on that. I asked the dealer, but they didnt know what do do since the numbers in their computer all matched up to being the right part. Looks like someone at ford may need to update some stuff on the accessories side :(.

FYI, on the 2010, you dont need to cut the fabric, the bolts/mounts are in the upper corner on each side, just covered by a little plastic protector. the hooks that come with the cargo net look they were designed for a fatter bolt (which i assume the older fusions had).

Here's some pics of my floor protector and cargo net. It's easy locating the studs for the clips and requires only a small x cut. They have to be pushed in when you screw them in. The floor protector should lay flat when the car sits in the sun for a couple of hours. Both are a good fit and will get lots of use.

The dealer charged me the price quoted on the Ford accessories web site, no dealer mark up. The liner listed for $118.13 and I got it for $75.00, the cargo net list $73.50, my cost $42.00. The floor mats were the same price list and net. So far a pretty good beginning to the weekend. Happy Memorial Day to all, especially to our Veterans.

Edited by transitman

Here's some pics of my floor protector and cargo net. It's easy locating the studs for the clips and requires only a small x cut. They have to be pushed in when you screw them in. The floor protector should lay flat when the car sits in the sun for a couple of hours. Both are a good fit and will get lots of use.

The dealer charged me the price quoted on the Ford accessories web site, no dealer mark up. The liner listed for $118.13 and I got it for $75.00, the cargo net list $73.50, my cost $42.00. The floor mats were the same price list and net. So far a pretty good beginning to the weekend. Happy Memorial Day to all, especially to our Veterans.

Anyone know if they have a trunk floor protector for the hybrid? With the trunk being smaller, the standard '09 version won't fit. I also checked weathertech.com but they only list for the '09 model. I've found the floor protectors to be great and they make it much easier to clean than without.

Anyone know if they have a trunk floor protector for the hybrid? With the trunk being smaller, the standard '09 version won't fit. I also checked weathertech.com but they only list for the '09 model. I've found the floor protectors to be great and they make it much easier to clean than without.

If a protector isn't available for the hybrid soon enough, I think for the standard trunk protector could be cut. It's not very thick, it comes rolled up in the box. The only thing is you would lose the lip to contain spills.