Hello Executives

Wait and see what happens.........................F*****!

and what would that be?

HQ in Mexico, your plant closed and you not being able to get a job paying more than minimum.

Now is not the time to piss and moan and make idle threats.

Now is the time for you and your fellow brothers at your specific plant to go one step beyond and prove to Ford why yours should stay open.

Doing nothing pretty much guarantees you will be out of a job

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what would that be?

HQ in Mexico, your plant closed and you not being able to get a job paying more than minimum.

Now is not the time to piss and moan and make idle threats.

Now is the time for you and your fellow brothers at your specific plant to go one step beyond and prove to Ford why yours should stay open.

Doing nothing pretty much guarantees you will be out of a job

The UAW will not always back down. We will pick our spot and ford will be hurt. Walter Ruether did it and we're gonna do it. Be warned. We will only be pushed so far before we push back. And my friend we push harder.

We have gone and continue to go the extra mile. Our quality has surpassed or equaled all competitors.

It's time we were shown respect.

Edited by Stugots

The UAW will not always back down. We will pick our spot and ford will be hurt. Walter Ruether did it and we're gonna do it. Be warned.

We have gone and continue to go the extra mile. Our quality has surpassed or equaled all competitors.

You are being shown as much respect as Ford can currently afford, unfortunately. I hope greener pastures lie ahead for both parties.

Edited by NickF1011

We want Alan Mullaly on national tv to state that we are not overpaid. That we are doing a damn fine job. We make safe quality autos.

Mullaly saying it won't make a lick of difference. It will be seen as nothing more than lip service. He's expected to talk up his own company and his own employees. What you really want is to hear Brian Williams and Katie Couric telling the nation you are not overpaid.

Don't mean to put you on the spot, but could you provide a link to an article where Alan gives us due.

While this story doesn't explicitly mention the employees, it does show how dedicated he is to turning around the company. If that means laying off workers and renegotiating contracts, so be it. But it is better for there to be a company that employs workers for less money than there not being a company at all, no?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/11/news/compa...sion=2009051212

NONE of the decissions Mulally has had to make are easy and I'm sure they weigh on him heavily. It's not like he's sitting on a gold throne laughing at the "little guys" as he collects his paycheck and stock options (which, by the way, aren't really worth a whole heck of a lot unless the company he's running succeeds).

That's a very nice article. I stated yesterday I thought he was doing a good job. I wish he would defend us.

As far as future, seems it will be death by a thousand cuts or maybe just maybe we in the UAW will stand up and put our feet down.

That's a very nice article. I stated yesterday I thought he was doing a good job. I wish he would defend us.

As far as future, seems it will be death by a thousand cuts or maybe just maybe we in the UAW will stand up and put our feet down.

Let's own up to reality here. Defending the UAW is not the most popular thing to do right now. Mulally needs to put on a happy face for the buying public and do the dirty work behind the scenes. It will not do Ford any bit of good to publicly defend the unions, so they won't. It won't increase public opinion of the company for sure, which is probably the most important battle they are facing right now---perhaps even more important than their balance sheets at this point.

All that aside, Ford has at least been pretty loud about touting that their workers are now making wages on par with the transplants, which is about as good PR as you can expect from Ford regarding the UAW for now: http://www.financialexpress.com/news/fordu...an-hour/433580/

Edited by NickF1011

Stugots,

It is apparent that there is one very important rule of life (in regards to occupation/employment) that may have escaped you all these years. That is the rule of "value". The job that one qualifies for, one's remuneration, job security, and longevity are all determined by your value to whom ever is buying your time, expertise, skills, etc.

Things really started changing around 1980 when there were roughly 16 million Americans working for Fortune 500 companies. Within ten years that number had dropped to around half of that. Previously, many Americans worked for one company their entire working life. That really began to end in the eighties. Ever since, for those who cared to notice, it became obvious that the chances of lifetime employment with any one corporation grew dimmer with each year.

This also was the period that automation really took off in many forms of manufacturing. Again, for those who cared to notice (and absorb the reality of life), that simply meant that one's "value" was also changing. . . in that one needed more and more education, specialized training, expertise, skills - in short, value - just to remain employed in their selected occupation, let alone qualify for higher level or new jobs with new employers.

I only mention these things because it has been readily apparent that occupational opportunities and security have been changing for quite some time. It is not like this has happened all of a sudden.

Maybe you will list for us just how you have endeavored to increase your value/skills/expertise -- on your own -- on your own time -- even at your own cost. You know, sorta like one would list on a resume. You don't need to identify any schools of higher learning, technical schools, or other identifying specifics. . . but please do demonstrate how you have made a commitment to better your employment opportunities (value) during you working life thus far. Oh, and please make a differentiation between continuing education that you pursued and that which was required, or provided by, your employer.

I am not trying to put you on the spot -- just trying to understand why you are having a hard time understanding what several here have tried repeatedly to get across to you regarding your complaints/concerns.

Oh, and please make a differentiation between continuing education that you pursued and that which was required, or provided by, your employer.

What about education costs that are voluntary, but reimbursed by the company upon completion of the coursework? I continue to take courses. I don't really need to at present, but it's a good insurance policy. The fact that work pays for it is certainly a good motivator to pass the classes. Many companies seem to finally be realizing the value of encouraging education within their existing employee base instead of always looking outside in an attempt to save a few bucks.

(Sorry, a bit off on a tangent...)

Edited by NickF1011

:rolleyes:

hulkavl3.jpg

...and some people wonder why the "average man" has no sympathy for the UAW?

I'd say it has something to do with media bias and lack of pr on our behalk by the company.

We don't want sympathy we want what whàt we are owed.

I'd say it has something to do with media bias and lack of pr on our behalk by the company.

By bad-mouthing anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you, you certainly aren't going to win over anybody. I already explained why the company isn't going to bother being your mouthpiece right now. It's simply not in their interest to do so. If you (the collective you, being the entire UAW) think you are owed more, why keep approving the labor agreements being offered to you? Reject them if you don't think they are fair. Walk away. Go find another job with a company that will give you want you think you are owed.

The UAW will not always back down. We will pick our spot and ford will be hurt. Walter Ruether did it and we're gonna do it. Be warned. We will only be pushed so far before we push back. And my friend we push harder.

what? push them all the way to bankruptcy?

wow! that'll show them.

please explain how that when quality is poor, it's the engineers fault, but when quality is up, its build quality on the part of assembly line workers?

can't have it both ways friend.

We want Alan Mullaly on national tv to state that we are not overpaid. That we are doing a damn fine job. We make safe quality autos.

Ford workers are now officially the highest paid autoworkers in North America.

And you want him to say you're not overpaid?

Sorry, not true, and not his job. That's the UAWs job. They fought for the higher wages not they need to be the ones to defend why they think you should earn that much.

why should he?

you called him a "fuck" and are threatening to shut him down unless you get your own way.

Please explain to me why anyone would be motivated to defend such a person/people?

It's obvious you are anti worker and anti uaw. Keep pushing, you all are in for a rude awakening.

there you go with the threats again.

and you want to be defended?

this isn't about taking sides.

This is about the reality check of the current state of global manufacturing.

You are a number. That's all there is to it. Not very pretty but its true. You opted to be a number by

A) working for a large company

B) joining a Union that speaks for you instead of you speaking for yourself.

By doing both of the above, you gave up a lot that you somehow think you are now entitled to.

That is not anti-worker, nor is it anti-UAW. It's just the way the world works.

And sorry to be the one to have to tell you this AGAIN...

but pissing and moaning WILL NOT save your job nor will it provide for your family.

Get off your ass and prove to Ford why you should still work there. That's not a lot to ask. The vast majority of the American workforce has to do it every day. What makes you so special that you don't have to do the same?

this is what you don't get...

the company does not owe you a god damned thing.

they paid you and continue to pay you for a job done.

We are the best auto company in the world why wouldn't we be compensated as such. The times of pattern bargaining are over. Ford did not take government money. We are different.

I'm sure his wife calls him worse than I did and I'm sure he is not throwing her out on her ass or cutting her bennies.