Let the games bigin!!!

stapelec

So last Friday, June 12, the CAW and Ford of Canada meet for informal talks, Ford says we want concessions better than you gave GM. CAW says OK what do you have for us? Ford says nothing! CAW says Thank You Very Much we have a contract till 2011.

Today we find out we won't be getting our $1700 vacation bonus next week, but instead it will be paid on PP#33.

These guys really know how to piss people off!!!!

Let the games begin!

Edited by stapelec

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So last Friday, June 12, the CAW and Ford of Canada meet for informal talks, Ford says we want concessions better than you gave GM. CAW says OK what do you have for us? Ford says nothing! CAW says Thank You Very Much we have a contract till 2011.

Today we find out we won't be getting our $1700 vacation bonus next week, but instead it will be paid on PP#33.

Let the games begin!

You know it is being put off so they have more time to talk and it will be one of the items conceded.This is a game that is easy to see.Two teams(company,union)that are only going to screw the players(us).If Ford wants concessions like the rest go into bankruptcy and lose alot of ownership of the company like the other two....but we know that won't happen don't we.The union will kick up some dust then give them the same deal.

You know it is being put off so they have more time to talk and it will be one of the items conceded.This is a game that is easy to see.Two teams(company,union)that are only going to screw the players(us).If Ford wants concessions like the rest go into bankruptcy and lose alot of ownership of the company like the other two....but we know that won't happen don't we.The union will kick up some dust then give them the same deal.

No question, it's a delay tatic to screw us out of the $3500 and $1700. But Oakville and Windsor already got the $3500, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Edited by stapelec

No question, it's a delay tatic to screw us out of the $3500 and $1700. But Oakville and Windsor already got the $3500, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Did Oakville and Windsor get it? Could someone from either location reply please.

Since we are not taking government money, we do not need to have the government's stamp of approval. GM and Chrysler workers must feel like they are on welfare. The government is getting more and more in peoples' faces lately. I saw an article in the paper to-day where the government is banning smoking in public housing. They can't even smoke in their own homes! Oh, I forgot. It is not their home; it is the government's. It is getting to be the same with your job. It is not really your job. You are working for the government now.

Let the games begin!

Wow!!! If this is an indication of how bad Ford Motor Company treats it's employees then how bad do they treat their customers? I think my wife and I will be looking for other vehicles from other manufacturers now. This website really exposes the cancer that has infected both the company and the Unions and I can now clearly see will ultimately send Ford to bankruptcy in roughly a year from now!

Wow!!! If this is an indication of how bad Ford Motor Company treats it's employees then how bad do they treat their customers? I think my wife and I will be looking for other vehicles from other manufacturers now. This website really exposes the cancer that has infected both the company and the Unions and I can now clearly see will ultimately send Ford to bankruptcy in roughly a year from now!

Texas, don't judge the entire company by a handfull of chronic malcontents......Ford's quality is now equal to or better than Toyota's or Honda's in independent studies.....and the line of vehicles such as the 2010 Taurus and the Fusion are very stylish.......

if you have the time to read through some of these post you'll see it's always the same bunch that are never satisfied with what they have and are always blaming the company for their problems.....I can assure that most of the people in those plants are good people who hard and care about the quality of the vehicles they build......so take another look.....

Texas, don't judge the entire company by a handfull of chronic malcontents......Ford's quality is now equal to or better than Toyota's or Honda's in independent studies.....and the line of vehicles such as the 2010 Taurus and the Fusion are very stylish.......

if you have the time to read through some of these post you'll see it's always the same bunch that are never satisfied with what they have and are always blaming the company for their problems.....I can assure that most of the people in those plants are good people who hard and care about the quality of the vehicles they build......so take another look.....

You are right most employees work very hard,put the best quality into their individual job to make the best vehicle they possibly can.That is exactly why we deserve what we are paid and the benefits we have bargained for in the past.Ford Motor Company is a better company than it was 20 years ago,the employees have had to make drastic changes within, to make Ford the way it is today.....We must say NO to any more concessions.We must stand up for ourselves.The physical demand on one's body on that assembly line is why we are paid what we are paid. If you don't agree with this,then you haven't put forth the effort to make this company better.

You are right most employees work very hard,put the best quality into their individual job to make the best vehicle they possibly can.That is exactly why we deserve what we are paid and the benefits we have bargained for in the past.Ford Motor Company is a better company than it was 20 years ago,the employees have had to make drastic changes within, to make Ford the way it is today.....We must say NO to any more concessions.We must stand up for ourselves.The physical demand on one's body on that assembly line is why we are paid what we are paid. If you don't agree with this,then you haven't put forth the effort to make this company better.

A good example here Texas...a whinner...

by the way if you are calling me a whiner,it is spelled WHINER,so you must have been calling me a winner,which is spelled WINNER....either way you are the perfect example of why the public sees autoworkers as uneducated and overpaid.

by the way if you are calling me a whiner,it is spelled WHINER,so you must have been calling me a winner,which is spelled WINNER....either way you are the perfect example of why the public sees autoworkers as uneducated and overpaid.

Thanks for the spell check and let me return the favor and provide you a link on the proper spacing after a comma.......

rules of grammar

You are good example of one of those over paid salaried fks who sit in an office and bitch because your employees are dropping like flies in the 120 degree plant in the summer time. I hope they get to you in their next round of cuts! Our quality and Health and Safety is good, but only because the UAW makes the company pay attention to those things. Pretty sad the company would not let us strike over quality. Salaried fks like you are the ones who say "run them, we need our parts" and you don't care about quality. We care about quality and Ford should right size their business by making the salaried to hourly ratio 1:35 like the rest of the manufacturing world!

Hey Tex, Ford quality is best in class and most of our members and salaried folk are really hard workers. :shift:

You are good example of one of those over paid salaried fks who sit in an office and bitch because your employees are dropping like flies in the 120 degree plant in the summer time. I hope they get to you in their next round of cuts! Our quality and Health and Safety is good, but only because the UAW makes the company pay attention to those things. Pretty sad the company would not let us strike over quality. Salaried fks like you are the ones who say "run them, we need our parts" and you don't care about quality. We care about quality and Ford should right size their business by making the salaried to hourly ratio 1:35 like the rest of the manufacturing world!

Hey Tex, Ford quality is best in class and most of our members and salaried folk are really hard workers. :shift:

Hey Tex, Ford quality is best in class and most of our members and salaried folk are really hard workers

At least we agree on this.......I'm not salaried, I'm retire hourly ...35 years.......120 degrees?....give me a break....in all of my years in the plant I don't ever remember anyone dying from heat exhaustion or being over-worked.......in fact with all the ergo improvements the work is easier than ever....stop crying.

At least we agree on this.......I'm not salaried, I'm retire hourly ...35 years.......120 degrees?....give me a break....in all of my years in the plant I don't ever remember anyone dying from heat exhaustion or being over-worked.......in fact with all the ergo improvements the work is easier than ever....stop crying.

Napfirst...You retired after 35 years of service and you have the nerve to come on this board and call remaining workers whiners? You are a piece of shit...The company has pushed both the CAW and the UAW to the brink with concessions,something that you never had to go through for a very long time,if ever. I bet you got a nice big buy-out with your full pension too. You make me sick....You want us younger guys to give everything away so you can live high on the hog while we get pushed around like slaves making less and less to support your sorry ass .My dad retired after 37 years and would never act the way you do towards present workers,in fact he'd probably kick your ass for being such an ignorant prick..I'm so fed up with the way the company has been treating us lately, I wouldn't give a shit about you ever getting another pension check,if it only wouldn't affect my father's income also....You might want to rethink your position against the present workforce pal,because if you don't you may just see your income reduced drastically....I realize you did your time,you need to realize that we are trying do our time,without giving everything away that my father and good men/women like him fought to get over the years. You better hope there isn't a revolution within the unions and younger members like myself start running the show,if it ever happens it will be the pricks like you who pay.

Edited by gocash

wow your weather there must be cooler than here or you are in a better insulated building .. I have been here for 10 years and can remember a couple of guys expiring back on the frame line in the heat...

Napfirst...You retired after 35 years of service and you have the nerve to come on this board and call remaining workers whiners? You are a piece of shit...The company has pushed both the CAW and the UAW to the brink with concessions,something that you never had to go through for a very long time,if ever. I bet you got a nice big buy-out with your full pension too. You make me sick....You want us younger guys to give everything away so you can live high on the hog while we get pushed around like slaves making less and less to support your sorry ass .My dad retired after 37 years and would never act the way you do towards present workers,in fact he'd probably kick your ass for being such an ignorant prick..I'm so fed up with the way the company has been treating us lately, I wouldn't give a shit about you ever getting another pension check,if it only wouldn't affect my father's income also....You might want to rethink your position against the present workforce pal,because if you don't you may just see your income reduced drastically....I realize you did your time,you need to realize that we are trying do our time,without giving everything away that my father and good men/women like him fought to get over the years. You better hope there isn't a revolution within the unions and younger members like myself start running the show,if it ever happens it will be the pricks like you who pay.

Napfirst...you had your cake and ate it while laughing all the way to the bank.Now you want to eat ours too,SHAME ON YOU.

I didn't call the remaining workers whiners...I called some....go back and read where I said most of the workers are hard working people...but I did call you a whiner...because you are......

and this statement is exactly why Texas has the opinion of UAW workers:

My dad retired after 37 years and would never act the way you do towards present workers,in fact he'd probably kick your ass for being such an ignorant prick..

but I bet your Dad is probably a little mature than you and respects other peoples' opinions.....