A new Expedition

Scarpi

I would love to see a new design of the Expedition. A little more sleek with an engine that has sufficient power but gets a little better gas mileage than the current one. Is there any real news about an Expedition redesign in the near future? Please.....it would look nice in my garage next to my 05 Mustang GT.

I would love to see a new design of the Expedition. A little more sleek with an engine that has sufficient power but gets a little better gas mileage than the current one. Is there any real news about an Expedition redesign in the near future? Please.....it would look nice in my garage next to my 05 Mustang GT.

NOTE: I don't know anything for sure, I'm just speculating here.

As I've said in several other threads, I see future Expeditions moving back to the '97-'02 "plan" where the F-150 and Expy share as many parts and pieces as possible. This would include entire front ends, dashes, etc. They'd obviously continue sharing powertrains, as they already share them now. That'd mean a 5.0 in the Expy's future, and perhaps the 4.4 diesel if that ever is implemented in the F-150. Again, I'm just speculating though, so I don't know if any of this would happen. It just makes sense to me, as with the much smaller market for these vehicles, they'd likely look for any ways to share/spread out costs, and sharing with F-150 would for obvious reasons spread out the costs pretty well.