How much will the Mahindra pickup truck cost?

Catalepsy

Detroit Free Press had reported $13-15K... No so, says the official press liaison of Global Vehicles. "...the $13-$15K price range was way off base. The pickup will start in the low twenties and work its way up from there."

http://www.examiner.com/x-10697-SF-Autos-E...ndra-truck-cost

I don't think it will be as much of a threat as we were led to believe at that price range.

Ranger has that POS beat before it even hits our shores

I wonder why Mahindra isn't shipping the vehicles partially assembled, and then having cheap non-union labor assemble the vehicles here to get around the additional tax that's going to raise the price of these up high?

Seems they're just making it harder on themselves to gain entry to the market, they can't even claim "American Made", which will be another strike against an Indian company coming into this segment.

Chuck

:headscratch: :eek5: :blink: :blink: :titanic: :runaway::hysterical:

x2.

I can't see why they'd pay that much in this sales climate with something they don't even have yet, nor price (unless they've supplied them with final spec./price stuff already).

Gamble for sure....

Chuck

STARTING at 20K is nuts. I dont see how a regular cab work truck for 20K will win anyone over from a Ranger or even a Tacoma. Its sad when a TACOMA is cheaper. Both of those trucks are cheaper, proven in their fields and either is a better choice. Fuel economy isnt even that far off. a 4 banger Ranger or Tacoma gets about 25 combined right?