Paging Captain Obvious: Liquidation Motors reportedly tanks in trading

TomServo92

Link

The short version: old General Motors is worthless, new General Motors is... well, less worthless. The Securities and Exchange Commission has already warned us that Motors Liquidation Company, the new name for the leftover scraps of GM, is not expected to return any value to stockholders. Despite this, the stock still has a fractional dollar value assigned to it, and some investors are still trading it. Yesterday, shares dipped 52%, closing at 55 cents.

Are you kidding me? People are actually trading "bad GM" stock? I guess those are the same people that send money to that Ethiopian prince....

Edited by TomServo92

The big picture is that their industry, is tainted. Meaning, in the future they will have a hard time getting any loans or do business with suppliers as they once did. Lets think about it, your a supplier, owed millions and suddenly, "hmm no, doesn't count, lets do a do-over"...If you were that supplier, will you do any business again with anything remaining of this company? If I were a bank, I surely wouldnt let any car manufacturer at this time any money. They might be restructuring and out of bankruptcy, but the cancer, is still in the traveling in the system... The cancer was NOT removed.