CUT THAT CHECK!!!

SCOOTNAP

Yes, I want that check or more specifically I want the educational buyout..... BUT.... I'm not quite ready for it just yet. I think we'll all (at NAP) have to wait about 18 months for those checks. Shutdown 2007. Right now I'm putting away about 50% of my paycheck into savings....I'm be ready when the :fan:

It would be interesting to know how many of us here on BON want that CHECK CUT !!!

:rockon:

For the purpose of this thread we could ask WGL's to post on their own specific groups...especially 3rd shift.

I'll start it....10 out 12 primary( the other 2 both have 25 + years ), both utility, and all 4 extras, and myself, would all take EITHER cash or education( none would be close enough for any early retirement option like 28 +yrs.) if offered right now, finally 2 other high seniority - ecoat and phosphate tenders probably would just wait it out so if my math is right that's like 17 out of 21 would run out the door now if offered cash or education options.

It might be interesting to see some hard numbers from other groups...

Edited by F150MANBDV

For the purpose of this thread we could ask WGL's to post on their own specific groups...especially 3rd shift.

I'll start it....10 out 12 primary( the other 2 both have 25 + years ), both utility, and all 4 extras, and myself, would all take EITHER cash or education( none would be close enough for any early retirement option like 28 +yrs.) if offered right now, finally 2 other high seniority - ecoat and phosphate tenders probably would just wait it out so if my math is right that's like 17 out of 21 would run out the door now if offered cash or education options.

It might be interesting to see some hard numbers from other groups...

I think most departments would be about the same. The moral of most of the folks is hard to keep up......

At C.A.P. many that I know who were going to retire, are now hanging on to see if they are offered a buyout.

Personally, I think Ford screwed the pooch on this one!!!!

It would be wise to offer less to those eligible to retire, and more chances to those who are almost eligible, or those who want to leave of their own accord, opening as many slots as possible.

Also, the haven for most plants highest seniority workers is the maintenance dept. It has become apparent that they have real reason for not being able to retire, and that would be the overtime they are used to living off of. Retiring on 35 to 40 grand a year is much more do-able when you are used to making 60, as opposed to making 100. I personally know guys who a couple years ago made over 110.

Now, I am not against anyone making lotsa money, nor am I against the maintenance department or their employees, but if the new 4 day workweek along with other rules changes go into effect, you can easily see how their pay will be reduced substantially.

In other words it will be more palatable of a mental arguement to ones self to retire.....nothing more, nothing less.

I'm in on the "CUT THE CHECK". The air in the closures area is stagnent and the doomsday mentality FOMOCO has bestowed upon it's workers is a truelly cruel unwarranted mental hardship. Who wrote the management guide book they used, the SS?

I'm in on the "CUT THE CHECK". The air in the closures area is stagnent and the doomsday mentality FOMOCO has bestowed upon it's workers is a truelly cruel unwarranted mental hardship. Who wrote the management guide book they used, the SS?

Someone erased my message. The Originator of The CUT THAT CHECK CAMPAIGN welcomes u and all other Ford uaw workers. Dont wait untill 2009 to join, 7 plants to go and the ones that r half-gone( WE all cant transfer to MExico. Cut THAT CHECK

Someone erased my message. The Originator of The CUT THAT CHECK CAMPAIGN welcomes u and all other Ford uaw workers. Dont wait untill 2009 to join, 7 plants to go and the ones that r half-gone( WE all cant transfer to MExico. Cut THAT CHECK

How do you join the campaign? and what happend to all of yesterdays info on Blue Oval?

Sandusky. We were in a line meeting about COA / Bell to bell operations. When the area manager got done the management left and we were left with the union reps for their comments. The Chairman said use all your tools, follow processes, yada yada. He said more buyouts were coming. Sign up in July to take affect in August and probably in November. 2700 left out of 5000 offered. I guess take the reliability at face value.

Sandusky. We were in a line meeting about COA / Bell to bell operations. When the area manager got done the management left and we were left with the union reps for their comments. The Chairman said use all your tools, follow processes, yada yada. He said more buyouts were coming. Sign up in July to take affect in August and probably in November. 2700 left out of 5000 offered. I guess take the reliability at face value.

RUMOR ONLY I heard about the same thing hear at NAP...............