Not good enough. Ken!

Jaah

Lets see, they wanted to shut it down by 2011 as the product is being phased out. Now, since orders must have picked up :hysterical: they are looking for an extra year. I would say take the concessions.... if they give 5 years wages if they close. If there is a future product and money invested into plant by 2012 5 years comes off the table. The more orders filled the less power you will have. NOW is the time to make a stand!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey gocash, I hope you have a trade because it will be the last time you see 30+ BUCKS an hour. Maybe you can open a button making business.

Nice try. It's too bad you have apparentlly never stepped up and gotten involved in your communitty, coaching soccer,hockey etc..making connections with people who work for the town,Hydro or the Post office that will vouch for you as a stand up guy and get you a similar paying job..should the need arise. Just continue hiding in your basement snorting oxy contin and smoking dope and groveling before ford as they are the be all and end all to you.

You don't need a trade. Learn tiling or laminate flooring for starters (It's not that hard). Some of us make the same in a weekend as we do in a week at Ford. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work you won't need to be such a pussy.

Edited by OAC_Paint

Out of the seven flex plants ford wants to have in north america, do you really think they would have 2 of them within 150km, and in Canada? People are scared they are going to lose jobs, and going down with the ship isn't an option. Canadian ford workers are the highest paid autoworkers in north america currently, do you really think they will except no concessions with all of the idled plants in the states. Hey gocash, I hope you have a trade because it will be the last time you see 30+ BUCKS an hour. Maybe you can open a button making business.

I can just picture Fords board of directors sitting around this huge mahogany table, sleeves rolled up, the air thick with tension..... "well thats it then, plants cannot be within 150 miles of each other. We will discuss coffee quality at plants next meeting."

hosh, do you know something the rest of us don't, has someone promised you STAP would stay opened if we give concessions. OH WAIT! that can't be we are too close to Oakville, so what are you thinking concessions will bring us? An extra year at reduced benefits or wages. Ford could tell us we are good untill 2020 if we give concessions but still close us next year if sales drop off. Without a new product announcement for STAP we are all going down with the ship, but many of us would like to see a big enough lifeboat available when the ship sinks.

I see a few posts like this from time to time from people who think us nay sayers are just blindly going to vote NO against concessions. No one has avocated that nor should they. Its a trade off of our benefits/wages for job security/closure package for the last few years before we close. We will all have to take a very close look at whats being offered when negotiations conclude before casting our votes. I am currently a staunch supporter of a NO vote based on what I know to date as should all STAP employees be, but I would gladly change to a YES supporter if a good enough offer is presented by Ford. All those who advocate concessions or try to belittle those who don't have offered no intelligent reason for their position other than "lets throw ourselves at the feet of Ford and beg for mercy". Ford is not a benevolent employer. :(

Lets see, they wanted to shut it down by 2011 as the product is being phased out. Now, since orders must have picked up :hysterical: they are looking for an extra year. I would say take the concessions.... if they give 5 years wages if they close. If there is a future product and money invested into plant by 2012 5 years comes off the table. The more orders filled the less power you will have. NOW is the time to make a stand!!!

We should bargain for the most lucrative severance package possible. If they want to close the mill, then so be it. If they want to keep it open I will continue to work hard for myself and the company. I am sick of these games

Out of the seven flex plants ford wants to have in north america, do you really think they would have 2 of them within 150km, and in Canada? People are scared they are going to lose jobs, and going down with the ship isn't an option. Canadian ford workers are the highest paid autoworkers in north america currently, do you really think they will except no concessions with all of the idled plants in the states. Hey gocash, I hope you have a trade because it will be the last time you see 30+ BUCKS an hour. Maybe you can open a button making business.

Hosh,If it wasn't for people like me,the CAW National Leadership would have already given Ford the concessions.When you get your $1700 on pp33 I suggest you apologize and buy a couple of buttons.Then again I don't expect anything from a pussy like yourself.

Ford will survive, but will you want to work there for cheap wages? How low do wages need to go before you move on? If we fight, we have a chance to maintain what we have. If we don't, we will be working for common wages that can be had anywhere doing a fraction of the work of the line. Premier pays cheap wages to cleaners in the plant, and the work is easy compared to the line. Their people are quitting or getting fired in droves. Can you imagine having an unstable workforce like that on the line? How much does Ford value its reputation as a producer of quality peoducts? If they cut our wages by $10 an hour, the savings is equal to $200 per car. I don't even know the price of a car to within $200. Who does? The customer will notice if the driver-side window doesn't work, or there is a water leak on the floor, more than a $200 differential on the sticker price. This $200 "savings" will be more than eaten up paying for double-ups for awols, and overtime repairs. All of this doesn't make any sense.

Hosh,If it wasn't for people like me,the CAW National Leadership would have already given Ford the concessions.When you get your $1700 on pp33 I suggest you apologize and buy a couple of buttons.Then again I don't expect anything from a pussy like yourself.

It would cost Ford tens of millions of dollars(maybe hundreds of millions) to move the vehicles from Oakville back to the US....Not to mention the thousands of Canadians who would boycott Ford products if Ford decided to abandon Canada altogether.GM/Chrysler have to maintain a 15% or so share of production in Canada as part of the bailout agreement.Ford wants the same concessions but without guaranteeing the 15% production.Screw that....When STAP closes,Ford will only have an 8% production in Canada...WE MUST DEMAND THAT IF CONCESSIONS ARE GIVEN TO FORD....THE MONEY SAVED HAS TO BE RE-INVESTED IN CANADIAN OPERATIONS GOING FORWARD. It is that simple...FORD MUST BE MADE TO BARGAIN FOR ANY CONCESSIONS FAIRLY...NOT JUST HAVE THEM HANDED TO THEM WITH NO STRINGS ATTACHED.

everybody in the friggin plant knows this

Yes, everybody in the plant seems to know a lot of things about pretty much everything...I'm not so sure I would be getting my financial facts about profit margins or company finances off the floor is all I'm saying

Nice try. It's too bad you have apparentlly never stepped up and gotten involved in your communitty, coaching soccer,hockey etc..making connections with people who work for the town,Hydro or the Post office that will vouch for you as a stand up guy and get you a similar paying job..should the need arise. Just continue hiding in your basement snorting oxy contin and smoking dope and groveling before ford as they are the be all and end all to you.

You don't need a trade. Learn tiling or laminate flooring for starters (It's not that hard). Some of us make the same in a weekend as we do in a week at Ford. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work you won't need to be such a pussy.

The town of oakville only hires part-time, even if they were hiring, and they don't pay close to what ford does. St. Thomas wouldn't have a surplus of 30+ an hour jobs either. As for the oxy contin, it sounds like you have some experience. If you make the same money on the weekend as you do at ford then you are the real pussy for not taking one of the packages. Calling people names is childish, but you started it :happy feet:

I have heard that the STAP members have not had the WPTP Industry Overview III yet and it sure shows by some of the posts here. The few that do post here speaking for ALL the membership, (so it seems) you pound your chest very well.....as good a King Kong. What ever happened to him? At least when the Ford Motor Co ceases Canadian operations and moves back to their home country you will all still have a job down your way priming Tobacco. Oh.....wait...maybe not.

Ed.

These buttons will be available when we return in August.Keep an eye out for them.Message me if you are interested.

Click picture to enlarge...

I have the hammer and the nails..................I see you are making the coffin. We just need the Piper and your all set!

Ed.

I have heard that the STAP members have not had the WPTP Industry Overview III yet and it sure shows by some of the posts here. The few that do post here speaking for ALL the membership, (so it seems) you pound your chest very well.....as good a King Kong. What ever happened to him? At least when the Ford Motor Co ceases Canadian operations and moves back to their home country you will all still have a job down your way priming Tobacco. Oh.....wait...maybe not.

Ed.

What a fucking idiot you are.You and Trim are quite the pair.Fortunately you two are in the minority of Oakville Brothers and Sisters...most actually have a brain and compassion.Ford pulls out of Canada you are fucked to moron.My gosh another moron to add to Trim's little block club.

What a fucking idiot you are.You and Trim are quite the pair.Fortunately you two are in the minority of Oakville Brothers and Sisters...most actually have a brain and compassion.Ford pulls out of Canada you are fucked to moron.My gosh another moron to add to Trim's little block club.

:hysterical:

The town of oakville only hires part-time, even if they were hiring, and they don't pay close to what ford does. St. Thomas wouldn't have a surplus of 30+ an hour jobs either. As for the oxy contin, it sounds like you have some experience. If you make the same money on the weekend as you do at ford then you are the real pussy for not taking one of the packages. Calling people names is childish, but you started it :happy feet:

My post was a little over the top, However the guys at STAP are basically getting cornholed. There's no reason to take a shot at a dude who is trying to proactively stand up for himself and his local.

Holy shit! I missed this post. Are you actually taking credit for Ford paying us the $1700 vacation bonus? Are you actually taking credit for delaying negotiations with the Ford Motor Company?

HAIL HAIL HAIL oh powerful one.

Note to self: gocash, truly delusional. :reading:

Ed.

Edited by Edsel

If you are "fucked" just because you are no longer working for the Ford Motor Company, that does not say much about you. Actually, it says a lot. STAP is finished. Take what you can get and get out of there. The longer you stick around and beg on your hands and knees, the more you will look like a moron.

If you are "fucked" just because you are no longer working for the Ford Motor Company, that does not say much about you. Actually, it says a lot. STAP is finished. Take what you can get and get out of there. The longer you stick around and beg on your hands and knees, the more you will look like a moron.

You , should really try thinking before you speak.

Holy shit! I missed this post. Are you actually taking credit for Ford paying us the $1700 vacation bonus? Are you actually taking credit for delaying negotiations with the Ford Motor Company?

HAIL HAIL HAIL oh powerful one.

Note to self: gocash, truly delusional. :reading:

Ed.

I am not trying to take any credit,I am stating the obvious.....If all Ford/CAW workers thought the way you do Edsel,the CAW would have already given Ford ALL the concessions it wants.....The reason for the delay for a "new deal" is because our National Reps have known that there is no way in hell they can get a deal ratified at this point, with nothing in return for us.

Getting sick and tired of all the JR members talking trash. Some STAP members bringing down the whole fleet, just because their ship is sinking. They are only screwing the ones that help build this Union and made the gains we have today. I would sacrifice MORE than GM and Chrysler workers to protect the pensioners. This is what it's all about. Time for people to stop thinking ME ME ME for once!

Ed.