Long Term Temp. Non Skilled Job Opp. for Skilled on ILO

playball31

I am a skilled trades T&D on ILO and just got notified today of a long term temporary non skilled job oppurtunity at either AAI or the Rouge. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the AAI plant. Whats it like there and what the shift hours are. I have attached a copy of the notice if anyone wants to check it out

scan.pdf

AAI runs 4 10's Monday through Thursday. The work is not great, but it is work. The people I deal with are pretty cool to work with. The Union, leaves a little to be desired, but its not the worst. I am in the same boat as you are, I took the AAI job to stop burning through my sub weeks.

I am a skilled trades T&D on ILO and just got notified today of a long term temporary non skilled job oppurtunity at either AAI or the Rouge. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the AAI plant. Whats it like there and what the shift hours are. I have attached a copy of the notice if anyone wants to check it out

I have been there for 5 yrs, the jobs ain't bad,(50 jph) most of the jobs are set up pretty good in T/F. The union is a :censored::censored::censored: joke

AAI runs 4 10's Monday through Thursday. The work is not great, but it is work. The people I deal with are pretty cool to work with. The Union, leaves a little to be desired, but its not the worst. I am in the same boat as you are, I took the AAI job to stop burning through my sub weeks.

What time do Shifts start?

Edited by playball31

This round of signups for skilled on ILO to go to production is only for AAI or Rouge (your choice). Rouge openings are all at DTP. These are temp openings to allow DTP & AAI to send people to Saline & Sheldon Road. You can be bumped by AAI/DTP regular employees coming home from their assignment at Saline/Sheldon. Which may be in 1-2 yrs, or you could be recalled to your trade if openings come up

Did you sign off the trade or are you still laid off as T&D ?

How much time do you have Im off too since last May but stayed skilled, just wondering if all of us were gonna get a chance.Thanks

Did you sign off the trade or are you still laid off as T&D ?

How much time do you have Im off too since last May but stayed skilled, just wondering if all of us were gonna get a chance.Thanks

I am still a T&D on ILO. I did not sign off on the trades. I went ino the trades in 2000 thru the Ford apprenticeship program, but was laid off as soon as I graduated. I don't even think I have 1 year of actual on the job journeyman experience. I did however start off as production in 1994. I also need to find out if I will keep my seniority.

but these temp things are all they are offering...if there are so many openings how come no skilled openings? whatever see you all in AAI or Dearborn.

Because they will be allowing the trades #'s to dwindle thru attrition and not replace them. I suggest any trades who are offered, to take the temp postings. Most will be on a long waiting list to be placed back on your tools.

I got the call today as well...I think its time to go back to work...Ive just been waiting cause i didnt want to go back without sen. but these temp things are all they are offering...if there are so many openings how come no skilled openings? whatever see you all in AAI or Dearborn.

Good luck to you, and any of one else going back to production. Hope we all get back to our tools soon.