Just got my new Adrenalin

Friday the 14th after work I picked up my new black 2010 Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin with the tow package.

I have put up a blog to chronicle my experience with this new truck, both for fun and in protest of Ford's plans to disontinue a vehicle it never gave any real chance to in the first place.

Eventually I will get some images up on the site, but right now its just about my experiences.

I hope to keep it going for some time, but of course it will see less posts as time goes on.

I am absolutely satisfied beyond expectation so far, though its been less then a week. I have all ready made a trip to the lake and will again this weekend. So far it has been a dream to drive, and demands attention every where I go.

Been a long time reader of these forums as well as Escape central, but only recently decided to sign up. Alot of great information here from fellow Ford owners, keep up the good work.

Scott

My Sport Trac Blog

And a pic of the Sport Trac on delivery day.

post-37796-1250684399_thumb.jpg

Friday the 14th after work I picked up my new black 2010 Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin with the tow package.

I have put up a blog to chronicle my experience with this new truck, both for fun and in protest of Ford's plans to disontinue a vehicle it never gave any real chance to in the first place.

Eventually I will get some images up on the site, but right now its just about my experiences.

I hope to keep it going for some time, but of course it will see less posts as time goes on.

I am absolutely satisfied beyond expectation so far, though its been less then a week. I have all ready made a trip to the lake and will again this weekend. So far it has been a dream to drive, and demands attention every where I go.

Been a long time reader of these forums as well as Escape central, but only recently decided to sign up. Alot of great information here from fellow Ford owners, keep up the good work.

Scott

My Sport Trac Blog

Congratulations on the Sport Trac. Although I'm not a big fan of them, it looks terrific and enjoy it.

Scott

My Sport Trac Blog

hey come join us at www.mysporttrac.com we are nuts about our trac and i'm sure you will be too ! ! look me up on there I go by Trax hope to see you there ! ! btw AWESOME trac ! !!

Scott

My Sport Trac Blog

Scott,

I looked at the picture of your Sport Trac Adrenalin and now I can't wait to get mine which is suppose to be towards the end of this next week. I also read you blog, very informative. But something that has been bothering me somewhat is I was originally going to purchase a 2009 but decided to get one late and got into build-out date @ the factory so had to order a 2010. Well there was very little changes between the model years and in fact this may be the only one. The 2009 had the stone headliner and the only thing that was offered for the 2010 was the camel so I assume that is what you have and if so how does that look with the dark charcoal/black interior of the Sport Trac Adrenalin? Also if you got the sunroof is the control for that in the mini console above right next to the power rear window? I really wanted the selectable 4-wheel drive not the AWD but had to have the Adrenalin too. Have you had your front wheels kick in yet? I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT now that is pretty loaded, I have it sold soon as my new one comes in. I am going to take a little trip in mine when I get it and before the snow flies around here.

Thanks, just curious I guess it is what it is and I will find out hopefully next week but thought you can give me an idea of what to expect. Can't wait to get mine I got about the same as you I guess, I did get the NAV System did you?

Bill :headscratch:

It's a cool design. I saw a new one last week and it's a great combination of comfort/style and utility.

That it's sort of on the down swing (obviously Explorer sales are off) just means the "fad" is over, nothing else! Enjoy! And it's good to be unique :happy feet:

Scott,

I looked at the picture of your Sport Trac Adrenalin and now I can't wait to get mine which is suppose to be towards the end of this next week. I also read you blog, very informative. But something that has been bothering me somewhat is I was originally going to purchase a 2009 but decided to get one late and got into build-out date @ the factory so had to order a 2010. Well there was very little changes between the model years and in fact this may be the only one. The 2009 had the stone headliner and the only thing that was offered for the 2010 was the camel so I assume that is what you have and if so how does that look with the dark charcoal/black interior of the Sport Trac Adrenalin? Also if you got the sunroof is the control for that in the mini console above right next to the power rear window? I really wanted the selectable 4-wheel drive not the AWD but had to have the Adrenalin too. Have you had your front wheels kick in yet? I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT now that is pretty loaded, I have it sold soon as my new one comes in. I am going to take a little trip in mine when I get it and before the snow flies around here.

Thanks, just curious I guess it is what it is and I will find out hopefully next week but thought you can give me an idea of what to expect. Can't wait to get mine I got about the same as you I guess, I did get the NAV System did you?

Bill :headscratch:

Hi Bill, and Gratz on your new Trac, obviously you are a man of amazing taste...

Yeah When I first looked into buying a new Adrenalin I wanted an 09, but in the time I could get rid of my lease There were none available and took the last 2010 in Ontario or Quebec with a tow package. The camel headliner looks surprisingly good, and I have had comments on how much peeps like it. I would think I would have liked stone color better, but the camel is brighter color probably adding to the visibility in the cabin some what.

The sunroof console on the overhead has both the control for the moonroof/sunroof and the rear window. Unlike previous moon roofs I have had this one has two controls, one to operate it like a moon roof, pushing in opens it all the way one touch and pulling it down closes it one touch. The other is one touch push in to open it like a sunroof and of course pulling down closes it. the third button operates the back window. One touch pushing brings the window down maybe 2 inches, a second push and it comes down completely, and of course one pull of the button closes it in either situation. I have to say I quit like drivng around the city with all 4 windows down, the moon roof open and the rrear window all the way down.

I very much would have preferred to have more control over the 4x4, but so far the AWD seems good, even with the V8 its very hard to break the wheels loose, not that I have really given it, as it just hit 1500km with the trip to Kingston, but I have given her a few good runs. I would say its seems to be better then the AWD in my last 2006 escape but operates the same. The real test will be an Ottawa winter with these pirelli tires. I have researched them and they are rated well for quiet smoothness, but less then stellar on traction. When the time comes I think I will go Yokahama, they make a very well rated tire the same size. I have to say over all I am impressed with the initial feel.

I did not get the NAV system please let me know how you like it. I could not afford to wait once I got rid of my lease and the lot model had 68km (20 from my test drive) and no NAV. Besides I drive to work once and while, groceries, My buds for guys night, to Golden Lake and Kingston, same dozen or so places, if I need a NAV to find em maybe its time to hand in the keys for good. ;) I also wasn't willing to hand over 2300, expensive truck as it was.

I will say this for the Adrenalin, it attracts looks. So far everywhere I go it gets second and third looks, it turns heads at every stop. I have seen Adrenalins twice before in Ottawa, black same as mine, either same one or two different ones. I have even been stopped and questioned on the road, as my blog mentions, that has not happened since I owned my 83 280ZX. You will really like it, trust me. AWD aside, its style makes up for the lack of true 4x4 low range.

I have a 3000lb boat (2008 17' Stratos 476SF) to tow coming up this weekend and my cousins about 3400lbs (18' Grew Cutter), as they come out of the water then. I keep it handy, never know when I will go up and fish, but due to weather and water levels it comes out, and just sit on the trailer. I am anxious to see how it tows, it will be a short drive but still. The Escape pulled them both, but worked for it, and Trac is much bigger, heavier, more power and much larger wheel base so it should tow much better.

I know you will love your new trac, pop back and let me know your first thoughts.

Edited by Exmortis

Hi Bill, and Gratz on your new Trac, obviously you are a man of amazing taste...

Yeah When I first looked into buying a new Adrenalin I wanted an 09, but in the time I could get rid of my lease There were none available and took the last 2010 in Ontario or Quebec with a tow package. The camel headliner looks surprisingly good, and I have had comments on how much peeps like it. I would think I would have liked stone color better, but the camel is brighter color probably adding to the visibility in the cabin some what.

The sunroof console on the overhead has both the control for the moonroof/sunroof and the rear window. Unlike previous moon roofs I have had this one has two controls, one to operate it like a moon roof, pushing in opens it all the way one touch and pulling it down closes it one touch. The other is one touch push in to open it like a sunroof and of course pulling down closes it. the third button operates the back window. One touch pushing brings the window down maybe 2 inches, a second push and it comes down completely, and of course one pull of the button closes it in either situation. I have to say I quit like drivng around the city with all 4 windows down, the moon roof open and the rrear window all the way down.

I very much would have preferred to have more control over the 4x4, but so far the AWD seems good, even with the V8 its very hard to break the wheels loose, not that I have really given it, as it just hit 1500km with the trip to Kingston, but I have given her a few good runs. I would say its seems to be better then the AWD in my last 2006 escape but operates the same. The real test will be an Ottawa winter with these pirelli tires. I have researched them and they are rated well for quiet smoothness, but less then stellar on traction. When the time comes I think I will go Yokahama, they make a very well rated tire the same size. I have to say over all I am impressed with the initial feel.

I did not get the NAV system please let me know how you like it. I could not afford to wait once I got rid of my lease and the lot model had 68km (20 from my test drive) and no NAV. Besides I drive to work once and while, groceries, My buds for guys night, to Golden Lake and Kingston, same dozen or so places, if I need a NAV to find em maybe its time to hand in the keys for good. ;) I also wasn't willing to hand over 2300, expensive truck as it was.

I will say this for the Adrenalin, it attracts looks. So far everywhere I go it gets second and third looks, it turns heads at every stop. I have seen Adrenalins twice before in Ottawa, black same as mine, either same one or two different ones. I have even been stopped and questioned on the road, as my blog mentions, that has not happened since I owned my 83 280ZX. You will really like it, trust me. AWD aside, its style makes up for the lack of true 4x4 low range.

I have a 3000lb boat (2008 17' Stratos 476SF) to tow coming up this weekend and my cousins about 3400lbs (18' Grew Cutter), as they come out of the water then. I keep it handy, never know when I will go up and fish, but due to weather and water levels it comes out, and just sit on the trailer. I am anxious to see how it tows, it will be a short drive but still. The Escape pulled them both, but worked for it, and Trac is much bigger, heavier, more power and much larger wheel base so it should tow much better.

I know you will love your new trac, pop back and let me know your first thoughts.

Thanks for the preview hope to have it by the end of the week, the camel headliner just didn't sound like it would look very good, but maybe I am worring about nothing.. . . . . I'll let you know when I take delivery of it.

Bill

My 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin came in today. The dealer has to install the OEM remote start and I am having it underdcoated for sound deadner. I hope to get it in a couple of days. Pretty excited it's been kind of a battle, originally was going to get a 2009 but got into build-out at the factory so had to order this 2010. It is black and loaded!!!

Won't be long now,

Bill :happy feet:

• 1 month later...
My 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin came in today. The dealer has to install the OEM remote start and I am having it underdcoated for sound deadner. I hope to get it in a couple of days. Pretty excited it's been kind of a battle, originally was going to get a 2009 but got into build-out at the factory so had to order this 2010. It is black and loaded!!!

Won't be long now,

Bill :happy feet:

Does anyone happen to know when the latest you can order a sport trac adrenalin since 2010 is the final year for them? I was looking to get one next June and was wondering if that would be too late?

Does anyone happen to know when the latest you can order a sport trac adrenalin since 2010 is the final year for them? I was looking to get one next June and was wondering if that would be too late?

I believe that the current Explorer/Mountaineer/& Sport Trac will remain in production until Sept. 30, 2010. So if your looking at getting one in June, then I believe you should be okay.

I hope so, I love the Adrenalin! Thanks for the reply!

I've had my 2010 now for a month, Black, 6 speed auto, V-8, NAV pretty much the works, has 550 miles on it already. I love it, I had a 2003 Sport Trac before and there is no comparison. This new one is so much more comfortable and advanced. I've heard the rumor that they are not going to make the Spot Trac anymore but haven't had that confirmed, is this in fact the case?

Bill

I've had my 2010 now for a month, Black, 6 speed auto, V-8, NAV pretty much the works, has 550 miles on it already. I love it, I had a 2003 Sport Trac before and there is no comparison. This new one is so much more comfortable and advanced. I've heard the rumor that they are not going to make the Spot Trac anymore but haven't had that confirmed, is this in fact the case?

Bill

Congratulations on the new ride! I have a 2002 sport trac at the moment and I am looking to upgrade next summer to a 2010 adrenalin blue flame fully loaded. I love my current sport trac but really want an adrenalin. as far as the adrenalin coming to an end I have seen this article which is the reason I asked when the order cut-off date would be.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/07/end-o...ck-in-2010.html