SiCKO

it really draws my ire that it leaves the insurance companies intact because I blame them for the current rate of health care cost inflation.

Do you bother to look at the history of it? HMO's are basically a government creation. Government regulations limit competition.

Look at the whole picture.

They do right now.

So knowing that, isn't it obvious why tey are taking measures to reduce the cost of health care?

Is it still a sham to put people under government control? I don't trust our senators and congressmen, but I do believe that Obama is really trying to keep his oaths. He is meeting opposition, but I hope the people see it, and force their other reps to conform!

So knowing that, isn't it obvious why they are taking measures to reduce the cost of health care?

Is it still a sham to put people under government control? I don't trust our senators and congressmen, but I do believe that Obama is really trying to keep his oaths. He is meeting opposition, but I hope the people see it, and force their other reps to conform!

Since you don't trust them then you shouldn't want it because they are the ones that will control it.

Keep what oath? If you look at his plan at the start and what he says now all you see is that he will take anything that will pass just to say he was the one that put through health care reform.

Where's the transparency he promised?

Where's the people get 5 days to look at a bill before he would sign it?

What went on in the meeting with him and the drug companies(sorta like Cheney and the energy bill)?

Edited by fmccap

Since you don't trust them then you shouldn't want it because they are the ones that will control it.

Keep what oath? If you look at his plan at the start and what he says now all you see is that he will take anything that will pass just to say he was the one that put through health care reform.

Where's the transparency he promised?

Where's the people get 5 days to look at a bill before he would sign it?

What went on in the meeting with him and the drug companies(sorta like Cheney and the energy bill)?

Transparency - they posted the debates on C-Span, that is where the clip of senator Wilson came from where he called him a liar. We have been discussing the precepts of the bill for more then 5 days. Also It is the congressmen and senators like Joe Wilson that have campaign contributions on the line creating challenges in getting any type of real reform passed. As far as meeting with the pharmaceutical companies, should they also meet with bankers to craft a new banking reform bill? That's ridiculous!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Transparency - they posted the debates on C-Span, that is where the clip of senator Wilson came from where he called him a liar. We have been discussing the precepts of the bill for more then 5 days. Also It is the congressmen and senators like Joe Wilson that have campaign contributions on the line creating challenges in getting any type of real reform passed. As far as meeting with the pharmaceutical companies, should they also meet with bankers to craft a new banking reform bill? That's ridiculous!

The House and Senate are always on C-Span. He said the public could review final bills for 5 days. When this first came about how long did they want to give us with a 1000+ page bill???

It's not just Joe, it's about 99% of them, all the Dems to.

As far as bankers I don't know what you are talking about. I was talking about the closed door meeting with the Drug companies and Obama.

The House and Senate are always on C-Span. He said the public could review final bills for 5 days. When this first came about how long did they want to give us with a 1000+ page bill???

As far as bankers I don't know what you are talking about. I was talking about the closed door meeting with the Drug companies and Obama.

99% of who the republican members of the senate, and a couple of democrats, this is false reporting on your behalf. I am not aware of a meeting that has taken place, do you have proof.

Rep. Alan Grayson's apology.

To the dead.

Is Alan Grayson a republican, or a democrat?

Edited by Furious1Auto

You know he is a Democrat...but that doesn't matter...all these people that represent us are playing games....Republicans are not adding anything but negitivity to the discussion and Democrats are flaunting their majority to the point of turning off all but the most liberal side of their own party...This will all result in wasted money on a bad and ineffective bill in the end...It's a shame...Ican't wait for the day we have a majority of congress that will work for the people and not drag their feet and play politics...just a shame...Why can't the people of the USA get good government?

The bottom line is the Republican Party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Health Care Industry. Look at all the money these senators and congressmen take in campaign contributions from these guys. The "Blue Dog Dems" too. Look who is proposing real reform, J Rockefeller, he doesn't care about the money.

It seems no matter what is proposed the Right will object. They do not care about the people of this country, they only care for themselves and their rich friends.

Grayson is dead right. That's the shame of the whole thing.

The right just wants Obama to fail so they can take control of the White House in 2012. (so they think)

No matter what he says or does they attack him worse than they did to Clinton. John Boehner and Eric Cantor should be ashamed of themselves. They have no ideas, nothing constructive to say. Same old rederic.

Edited by partsisparts

Partsisparts said:The right just wants Obama to fail so they can take control of the White House in 2012. (so they think)

No matter what he says or does they attack him worse than they did to Clinton. John Boehner and Eric Cantor should be ashamed of themselves. They have no ideas, nothing constructive to say. Same old rederic.

yeah you're right......because the left were always cheering for Bush and hoping for him succeed...I never heard a bad word about Bush, especially on BON.......well maybe one or two but that's all......

yeah you're right......because the left were always cheering for Bush and hoping for him succeed...I never heard a bad word about Bush, especially on BON.......well maybe one or two but that's all......

It is BOF (Blue Oval Forums) BON is the site's home page. And the rest of your post must be sarcasm!

Edited by Furious1Auto

99% of who the republican members of the senate, and a couple of democrats, this is false reporting on your behalf. I am not aware of a meeting that has taken place, do you have proof.

Is Alan Grayson a republican, or a democrat?

That is the truth my friend not false reporting on me. Look it up.

The meeting was when they said they reduce 80 billion in drug costs. Are you telling me that a company is going to do that and not see something where they could make out? Or did Obama just talk them into taking 80 billion less?

Internal Memo Confirms Big Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma

UPDATED: Big drugmakers' secret D.C. meeting

One other thing I read somewhere was that the government expected to pay something like 3.5 trillion in drug costs over the next 10 years. That's peanuts.

Edited by fmccap

That is the truth my friend not false reporting on me. Look it up.

The meeting was when they said they reduce 80 billion in drug costs. Are you telling me that a company is going to do that and not see something where they could make out? Or did Obama just talk them into taking 80 billion less?

Internal Memo Confirms Big Giveaways In White House Deal With Big Pharma

UPDATED: Big drugmakers' secret D.C. meeting

One other thing I read somewhere was that the government expected to pay something like 3.5 trillion in drug costs over the next 10 years. That's peanuts.

Cap why are you quoting post from so far back, did you not like where the conversation went in our most recent posts. I know you have been reading right along. No matter if you are going to bash my statements then do it correctly and read them first.

You Posted;

No 99% of the senate in that meeting did not disagree with Obama's health care plan, and only one senator was juvenile enough to call the president a liar even if he disagreed. Notice all the 99% you claim disagree to include the democrats clapping, and standing. They must really hate the plan.

VIDEO LINK!

So much for your 99%, and your false charge on who supports reform! However I would care less is all of them were against, because all of them have access to campaign contributions if they support blocking reform.

As for C-Span, what Obama said was that they would post the debates live on C-Span for the public to openly veiw the debates, and see what senators and congressmen were carrying water for the insurance companies. He said this in several interviews during his campaign, and he kept his promise.

As for the charge of a secret meeting Obama addressed that in the video, most of the meetings had the media present, and taking pictures, while they provided lists of the attendees. Now on to the internal document, the source is one I have never heard of, and there is no way to authenticate the document, and if it is authentic, who such agreement was reached with. However with that you will say that Obama is striking secret deals with the pharmaceutical companies for kickbacks WTF!

Cap why are you quoting post from so far back, did you not like where the conversation went in our most recent posts. I know you have been reading right along. No matter if you are going to bash my statements then do it correctly and read them first.

I did read it right from Sept. 30th which to me is not far back. You said something about Wilson and campaign contributions blocking reform.

Also It is the congressmen and senators like Joe Wilson that have campaign contributions on the line creating challenges in getting any type of real reform passed.

I was not bashing you just informing you. Take it easy!!!

As for C-Span, what Obama said was that they would post the debates live on C-Span for the public to openly veiw the debates, and see what senators and congressmen were carrying water for the insurance companies. He said this in several interviews during his campaign, and he kept his promise.

As for the charge of a secret meeting Obama addressed that in the video, most of the meetings had the media present, and taking pictures, while they provided lists of the attendees. Now on to the internal document, the source is one I have never heard of, and there is no way to authenticate the document, and if it is authentic, who such agreement was reached with. However with that you will say that Obama is striking secret deals with the pharmaceutical companies for kickbacks WTF!

From what I heard he said bills would be available to read. C-Span has for as long as I remember always covered the House and Senate so there was no real promise to begin with if that was what you think the promise was.

I did read it right from Sept. 30th which to me is not far back. You said something about Wilson and campaign contributions blocking reform.

I was not bashing you just informing you. Take it easy!!!

“In fact, over his entire congressional career, health professionals represent Wilson’s top industry contributors, donating a total of $244,196 to his campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics OpenSecrets.org database.

He received another $86,150 from pharmaceutical companies,

$73,050 from insurance companies and

$68,000 from hospitals and nursing homes.

“Among Wilson’s top contributors are the American Hospital Association, a lobby group that represents the interests of hospitals and health networks, and the American Medical Association, which represents physicians.”

Link!

Now you can make the same charge that my source is not credible, however there are scores of sites providing what exactly Senator Wilson has excepted as far as campaign contributions from the health care, and insurance industries during his career! Just run a search!

From what I heard he said bills would be available to read. C-Span has for as long as I remember always covered the House and Senate so there was no real promise to begin with if that was what you think the promise was.

Forget what you read, you should know by now that any article can be obfuscated to meet the agenda of the journalist. It is what I watch, and see directly out of the presidents mouth that I quote. A care less what the opinion is of a journalist, or commentator watching the same video feed I am. I can draw my own conclusions based on what I see. I pride myself on being able to tell when someone is lying to me. I am not always right, and I have been fooled before, but I think this man believes what he is saying is true. The fact that he is always on T.V. or in public sending his message gives his arguments some credence. I have not seen him try to dodge a question, only answering pointed questions. Obama is not the problem, it is the other a-sholes we elected on capital hill trying to keep the status qua!

Edited by Furious1Auto

So this makes it believable to you?....are you kidding me.......?......I have some waterfront property I think you may be interested in........

What has he said that is a lie????

This man has tried nothing but do what is right for the PEOPLE of this country and the right has done nothing but bash him and make up lies about his policies. They are in the pockets of big business and it shows.