SiCKO

I always thought the line was "I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night".............hell you spend a few hours in a hostpital and you know all about healthcare........amazing......you are a legend in your own mind!

Can't get social health care without prof of citizenship in Canada, but if I could I would. I thought you had me on the ignore list Cheddar Bob.

Edited by Furious1Auto

I run into a lot of Canadians traveling, and they all buy insurance before traveling into the US. They say they wouldn't risk coming into the US without insurance. Rat Bastard Insurance Companies

canadian healthcare coverage is so bad that they have to go to the private market to get coverage while traveling out of the country?

last thing we need is the government that gave us the post office, "too big too fail", fannie mae, freddie mac, medicare, medicaid, social security and all the other failed, bankrupt ideas, managing another one.

besides which, the government doesn't have the money to pay for today's programs, let alone a massive new one.

balance the budget, pay down the debt, then we can talk.

canadian healthcare coverage is so bad that they have to go to the private market to get coverage while traveling out of the country?

last thing we need is the government that gave us the post office, "too big too fail", fannie mae, freddie mac, medicare, medicaid, social security and all the other failed, bankrupt ideas, managing another one.

besides which, the government doesn't have the money to pay for today's programs, let alone a massive new one.

balance the budget, pay down the debt, then we can talk.

Are you handy capped, There insurance only covers services rendered in their country,. They have to buy travelers insurance to cover them if they leave their country.

Are you handy capped, There insurance only covers services rendered in their country,. They have to buy travelers insurance to cover them if they leave their country.

this is what nvksed said...

QUOTE (nvsked @ Oct 21 2009, 02:02 PM) *

I run into a lot of Canadians traveling, and they all buy insurance before traveling into the US. They say they wouldn't risk coming into the US without

insurance. Rat Bastard Insurance Companies

this is what nvksed said...

QUOTE (nvsked @ Oct 21 2009, 02:02 PM) *

I run into a lot of Canadians traveling, and they all buy insurance before traveling into the US. They say they wouldn't risk coming into the US without

insurance. Rat Bastard Insurance Companies

Ok lets split more hairs... If you are going to introduce a quote correctly (MLA format) you need use correct spelling NVSKED said plus you need

"quotation marks"

I knew what Furious meant "Canadian national health care only covers Canadians while their in Canada", which is why Canadians purchase insurance before traveling to US.... hopefully this relieves any confusion..

Have a good one.

:reading:

Ok lets split more hairs... If you are going to introduce a quote correctly (MLA format) you need use correct spelling NVSKED said plus you need

"quotation marks"

I knew what Furious meant "Canadian national health care only covers Canadians while their in Canada", which is why Canadians purchase insurance before traveling to US.... hopefully this relieves any confusion..

Have a good one.

"quotation marks"

Have a good one.

i hope that cleared it up for furiosauto guy.

Michael Moore is an idiot who takes himself to seriously and benefits financially from the very society he holds in public contempt. His work is thought provoking BUT should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. He is a LIBERAL LIBERAL PUKE.

Michael Moore is an idiot who takes himself to seriously and benefits financially from the very society he holds in public contempt. His work is thought provoking BUT should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. He is a LIBERAL LIBERAL PUKE.

Ok, but the health industry is in need of adjustment. Which was the point of his movie. Once we have the country whipped into shape, with goods and services on par with China and India we will all be in better shape. You know FREE TRADE..... :yahoo:

WASHINGTON - The U.S. health care system is just as wasteful as President Barack Obama says it is, and proposed reforms could be paid for by fixing some of the most obvious inefficiencies, preventing mistakes and fighting fraud, according to a Thomson Reuters report released on Monday.

The U.S. health care system wastes between $505 billion and $850 billion every year, the report from Robert Kelley, vice president of health care analytics at Thomson Reuters, found.

"America's health care system is indeed hemorrhaging billions of dollars, and the opportunities to slow the fiscal bleeding are substantial," the report reads.

WASHINGTON - The U.S. health care system is just as wasteful as President Barack Obama says it is, and proposed reforms could be paid for by fixing some of the most obvious inefficiencies, preventing mistakes and fighting fraud, according to a Thomson Reuters report released on Monday.

The U.S. health care system wastes between $505 billion and $850 billion every year, the report from Robert Kelley, vice president of health care analytics at Thomson Reuters, found.

"America's health care system is indeed hemorrhaging billions of dollars, and the opportunities to slow the fiscal bleeding are substantial," the report reads.

Good info...Its always useful when we substantiate what we as patients witness. Hell, just trying to share patient info doctor to doctor is a nightmare, to put it in Ford speak....lots of opportunity

Edited by nvsked

http://www.congress.org/news/2009/10/23/de...n_public_option

As the effort to reform health care nears the end, one of the biggest issues yet to be decided concerns the public insurance option. Whether to include a public insurance option in Congress' health care overhaul has become the most polarizing issue in the debate going on in Congress right now.

ARGUMENTS IN FAVOR:

* A government plan would ensure competition. According to a Government Accountability Office report, a small number of insurance companies have a substantial share of the health insurance policies sold to small businesses in most states.

* A government plan could have lower premiums for individual consumers. That would force private insurers to keep their costs down in order to remain competitive.

* It would cover the uninsured. The government plan would ensure that a number of the estimated 46 million uninsured Americans have an option to get health coverage.

ARGUMENTS AGAINST:

* America's Health Insurance Plans, which represents private insurers (GO FIGURE!)

* A government plan would have unfair advantages to negotiate prices. Eventually the public option would crowd out private insurance companies and lead to a government monopoly on health insurance or single-payer health care system.

********************************************************************************

TOO FUNNY, American people are supposed to feel sorry for large health insurance companies because competition may impact their profits. Not to mention all the money the Insurance companies and Drug Makers are putting into lobbyist to defeat this legislation. The system is not supposed to work this way, the companies have paid their money, they should be able to buy this legislation. What's the world coming to!

Edited by nvsked

http://stabenow.senate.gov/healthcare/

I am writing today to give you an update on the status of the health insurance reform bill.

In the Senate, two committees have jurisdiction over health insurance reform: the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee and the Finance Committee. Both committees passed health care bills, each focused on their own jurisdiction. Then, Senator Harry Reid, the Majority Leader, combined those bills into one merged bill.

From the beginning of this debate, I have been a leading advocate of a strong public health insurance option. Individuals and small businesses who are uninsured will be able to purchase their insurance through a new exchange system. A public option means they could choose either a private health insurance plan or a public health insurance plan that is administered by the federal government, which also administers Medicare. This is an extremely important part of health insurance reform, because it will introduce much-needed competition into the insurance markets, keeping insurance companies honest. I am very pleased that Senator Reid announced that the merged bill will include this public option.

Yesterday, he sent that bill to the independent Congressional Budget Office (CBO), which will carefully analyze the bill to determine the costs and savings. We are committed to passing a bill that does not increase the deficit - this process, called "scoring," will help ensure that the proposed legislation keeps the budget balanced.

If for some reason that "score" comes back and it looks like the bill would increase the deficit, Senator Reid will go back and make changes to keep the costs in line.

We expect that the final bill will be released in the early part of November. When that happens, I will post it on my website right away. You can see copies of the bills already passed by the committees, as well as reports and cost estimates, by visiting my Health Care Online Resource Center at http://stabenow.senate.gov/healthcare.

As this process unfolds, I am committed to sending President Obama a health care bill that:

* Stops the bad practices of insurance companies;

* Strengthens and protects Medicare;

* and makes health care affordable for families and small businesses.

Thank you again for your interest and advocacy on this issue. I will continue to keep you updated as we continue to fight for meaningful health insurance reform.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

Edited by nvsked

research a bit about the utter attrocities that go on in england.

more gov't isn't the answer

If you know something why not tell us or provide a link.

This vague accusation crap sounds like Glen Beck or the other clowns on Fox.

The British health system is rated ahead of the US.

The life expectancy there is longer than the US.

The infant mortality rate is lower than the US.

Sounds like we need to learn from them.

As a Canadian with family members and friends working in Heath care, along with having friends and family needing health care, I can tell you our system is not perfect, and IMO, not the best option out there. I hope the intelligent people of the US stand strong in rejecting Obama's bid to increase his government and your national debt.