SiCKO

It is a well-known fact that 50% of income tax collected in Canada goes to health care. Look it up.

I tried to use those attachment tools, but I can't get it to work. It is not a stretch that a Canadian Ford worker with 35 years makes over $100,000 a year. I paid $30,000 in income tax. My wife makes $61,000. She hasn't filed yet, but she will pay around $20,000. What difference does that make. If someone in Canada makes enough that they pay a million dollars in income tax, they pay $500,000 for health care. The numbers are government numbers, so they are the lowest possible to look more favorable to the taxpayer. In the US, where private insurance companies run it, the numbers are going to be as high as possible, just like when Ford says that we make over $70 an hour. I have seen American style health care and I have seen Canadian style health care. U.S. health care is way better. I took my wife to an emergency department in a Maryland hospital. The waiting room was open, There were pleasant surroundings, high ceilings. The place was spotless and the decor was splendid. Doctors and nurses were friendly, courteous, and seemed to be genuinely concerned. My wife got an MRI within an hour. It takes at least a month in Canada. Even if U.S. health care costs more than Canadian, it is well worth it.

In Canada, an emergency room will be crowded. The furnishings will be like used chairs that were discarded from some offices. The nurse will wear a scowl. The doctor will look at you with suspicion, and probably send you on your way without doing a proper check. I thought I had a broken rib once. I didn't want it treated, just an x-ray. The nurse asked me how much pain I had on a scale of one to ten. I said "I don't know, maybe six." She said that I didn't have a broken rib because a broken rib is a ten. She was trying to get rid of me because there were so many other people waiting. I said give me the x-ray anyway. The x-ray showed that I had a broken rib. There was no offer to treat me, even though I would not let those butchers touch me anyway. Canada's health care is broken. The government destroys everything it touches.

Trim you are overstating what you pay in taxes. I can't find anywhere that shows that 50% of your income tax goes to health care. As far as your income tax goes, I guess you have 0 deductions because that is the only way you are going to pay that much tax. The marginal tax in Ontario is 29% federal and 17.41% Ontario. The average tax on your and your wifes income combined of $161000 would be 21.85% Federal,12.42% Ontario. And unless you are in skilled trades I still don't believe you made over $100000 without a ton of overtime for the year. If you went to an emergency room and didn't have to wait in the U.S. you were lucky.As far as your broken rib goes the treatment far it is nothing, except far pain medication.

Trim you are overstating what you pay in taxes. I can't find anywhere that shows that 50% of your income tax goes to health care. As far as your income tax goes, I guess you have 0 deductions because that is the only way you are going to pay that much tax. The marginal tax in Ontario is 29% federal and 17.41% Ontario. The average tax on your and your wifes income combined of $161000 would be 21.85% Federal,12.42% Ontario. And unless you are in skilled trades I still don't believe you made over $100000 without a ton of overtime for the year. If you went to an emergency room and didn't have to wait in the U.S. you were lucky.As far as your broken rib goes the treatment far it is nothing, except far pain medication.

It has been in the news lately. Health care eats up 1/2 of income tax. Half of the people pay no income tax, so the other half pay for their health care. I paid $30,000 income tax last year. I had a clawback of EI of about $400. I had to pay a total of $1400 something in addition to my payroll withholdings. There is a provincial surtax and a provincial medical tax of I think $750 on top of those percentages. I did my tax return myself using pen and paper. I got my statement back and there were no errors.

You say that we would pay 21.85% plus 12.42%. That adds up to 34.27%. 34.27% of $161,000 is $55,171.70.

I worked some overtime, yes, of course. I have to work overtime to pay for other peoples' health care, and still have some money left to live on, myself.

Edited by Trimdingman

It has been in the news lately. Health care eats up 1/2 of income tax. Half of the people pay no income tax, so the other half pay for their health care. I paid $30,000 income tax last year. I had a clawback of EI of about $400. I had to pay a total of $1400 something in addition to my payroll withholdings. There is a provincial surtax and a provincial medical tax of I think $750 on top of those percentages. I did my tax return myself using pen and paper. I got my statement back and there were no errors.

You say that we would pay 21.85% plus 12.42%. That adds up to 34.27%. 34.27% of $161,000 is $55,171.70.

I worked some overtime, yes, of course. I have to work overtime to pay for other peoples' health care, and still have some money left to live on, myself.

Show me where 50% of your taxes go for health care. I did alot of searching and couldn't find anything to support your claim. Give me a link please that supports your claim.

Show me where 50% of your taxes go for health care. I did alot of searching and couldn't find anything to support your claim. Give me a link please that supports your claim.

The cost of health care is approaching 50% of provincial income tax in many provinces. In addition, the federal government funds 50% of health care. That is what I found. I have seen in the paper many times that health care eats up 50% of Canadian tax dollars. I googled canada health care tax 50%. I also found that it is increasing.

The government runs on deficits. They cost programs based on the interest paid on the debt for them, not the principal. Interest is artificially low, so the government looks a lot better off than it actually is. How much of the deficit goes for health care? If it was paid up 100%, it would take 50% of revenue at some point. That is hard to calculate difinitively because revenue is not constant. One thing that is constant is that the percentage of revenue that is going into health care is increasing.

Edited by Trimdingman

The cost of health care is approaching 50% of provincial income tax in many provinces. In addition, the federal government funds 50% of health care. That is what I found. I have seen in the paper many times that health care eats up 50% of Canadian tax dollars. I googled canada health care tax 50%. I also found that it is increasing.

The government runs on deficits. They cost programs based on the interest paid on the debt for them, not the principal. Interest is artificially low, so the government looks a lot better off than it actually is. How much of the deficit goes for health care? If it was paid up 100%, it would take 50% of revenue at some point. That is hard to calculate difinitively because revenue is not constant. One thing that is constant is that the percentage of revenue that is going into health care is increasing.

So....to sum up

I don't have any facts...I just make things up.

Where's the Hundreds of Billions in Healthcare Savings? Next Up - Price Controls

In a battle of political will vs. common sense, political will won out as it usually does. The healthcare bill was supposed to save hundreds of billions of dollars but proponents of the bill, especially president Obama, never explained how.

Already costs are spiraling out of control, so much so that Congress is resorting to price controls to prevent excessive rate hikes by insurers.

So....to sum up

I have seen it and heard it and read it in the media many times. I have also heard that if the cost of health care in Canada isn't gotten under control, it is going to bankrupt the country. There must be some kind of lid on that information now because of the situation in the United States. Have you never heard anything negative about Canadian or European socialized health care? You must be following your orders to only get your news from the left wing media. You probably believe that Castro, Chavez, Chairman Mao, and Stalin are ok guys, also. Socialized health care is bad for your health. It is good if you are a dictator and want more power over your subjects.

I have seen it and heard it and read it in the media many times. I have also heard that if the cost of health care in Canada isn't gotten under control, it is going to bankrupt the country. There must be some kind of lid on that information now because of the situation in the United States. Have you never heard anything negative about Canadian or European socialized health care? You must be following your orders to only get your news from the left wing media. You probably believe that Castro, Chavez, Chairman Mao, and Stalin are ok guys, also. Socialized health care is bad for your health. It is good if you are a dictator and want more power over your subjects.

Blah Blah Blah....no facts! Just hot air. If you listen to Beck it must rot your brain, going by your pathetic posts here. "I have seen it and heard it and read it in the media many times. I have also heard .............. Just hot air

Do some research before posting. If you have an opinion, get some facts to back it up....... or shut up.

Yeah right........whatever you say......you're a sailor and a mover and whatever else you want to be in that little world you live in....

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000444553268&v=photos&ref=profile

I suppose I created my Facebook account just to convince you Huh, d-ck?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Blah Blah Blah....no facts! Just hot air. If you listen to Beck it must rot your brain, going by your pathetic posts here. "I have seen it and heard it and read it in the media many times. I have also heard .............. Just hot air

Do some research before posting. If you have an opinion, get some facts to back it up....... or shut up.

What do you consider "facts"? Are they something that the left wing media tell you to believe? I don't believe in anything. I don't believe that 50% of my tax dollars go to health care. I have heard this. I know how the government hides actual costs of it's programs from the people using "creative accounting". I also know how private business inflates it's expenses using the same methods. If the American health care numbers are inflated, and the Canadian numbers are understated; maybe they are close to equal. American health care is twice as good, as far as quality goes. If you can get something twice as good for the same price, that is a comparative bargain.

Obama is working on ways to shut up all opposition. Unfortunately for you, this will also shut you up when a government you don't like is in power. If you want to live under authoritarian rule because you can't make it on your own, fine. Some of us like to succeed on our own merit.

Edited by Trimdingman

So....to sum up

Or he could just quote things from Comedy Central, Media Matters, The Huffington Post, or MSNBC.

Listen kid, you are the last person who should be demanding facts, when you have yet to provide a single one

Oh snap!, and this from our friends at the most liberal ASSociated Press:

Report says health care will cover more, cost more

..........................WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law is getting a mixed verdict in the first comprehensive look by neutral experts: More Americans will be covered, but costs are also going up.

Economic experts at the Health and Human Services Department concluded in a report issued Thursday that the health care remake will achieve Obama's aim of expanding health insurance — adding 34 million to the coverage rolls.

Read more

More "good news"..............................

Obamacare’s Danger Signs [Grace-Marie Turner]

Not one of its major programs has gotten started, and already the wheels are starting to come off of Obamacare. The administration’s own actuary reported on Thursday that millions of people could lose their health insurance, that health-care costs will rise faster than they would have if the law hadn’t passed, and that the overhaul will mean that people will have a harder and harder time finding physicians to see them.

The White House is trying to spin the new report from Medicare’s chief actuary Richard Foster as only half bad because it concludes that, while costs will increase, only 23 million people will remain uninsured (instead of 24 million previously estimated).

But looking at the details of Foster’s report shows the many, many danger signs for Obamacare and how many of its promises will be broken:

1. People losing coverage: About 14 million people will lose their employer coverage by 2019, as smaller employers terminate their plans and workers who currently have employer coverage enroll in Medicaid. Half of all seniors on Medicare Advantage could lose their coverage and the extra benefits the plans offer.

2. Huge fines for companies: Businesses will pay $87 billion in penalties in the first five years after the fines trigger in 2014, partly because they can’t afford to offer expensive, government-mandated coverage and partly because some of their employees will apply for taxpayer-subsidized insurance.

3. Higher costs for consumers: Tens of billions of dollars in new fees and excise taxes will be “passed through to health consumers in the form of higher drug and devices prices and higher premiums,” according to Foster. A separate report shows small businesses will be hit hardest.

4. A program created to fail: The new “CLASS Act” long-term-care insurance program will face “a significant risk of failure,” according to Foster. Indeed, he finds, “there is a very serious risk that the problem of adverse selection will make the CLASS program unsustainable.”

Link

you must not know how to read.

The only reason you have a problem with it, is because your medical benefits are already provided for you from Ford. If you were less fortunate, and had to pay out of pocket for your policy you would be supporting health care reform.

I agree, this is why so many people are opposed to the reform. I have been on both sides of the spectrum.

Poor and on welfare with a small child for about 2 years. Then I found a job that had health insurance and fell into the 90 day waiting period and found catastrophic care, which is all I could afford until my insurance kicked in, and what do you know both my daughter and I became very sick and ended up in the hospital because my daughter was turning blue like a smurf. I was harassed for that bill of a couple of grand and finally found a free attorney to help me fight some of the cost and then was still harassed for the $1000 bucks left because they didn't like that I could only afford $25 a month and now we have great coverage through my husband via Ford for which I feel very blessed for.

I all to well remember going to the clinics and how I was treated and that the clinic overdosed my toddler with codeine cough syrup for a double ear infection they never caught! Let me tell you I would never wish that kind of care on anyone and if you have never experienced I actually wish you would so maybe you'll understand why everyone in America deserves decent health coverage. I am for the health care overhaul and I am tired of the haves and the haves-not situations in this country. There is no-one here that deserves better health care coverage then anyone else, I don't care who you are. A human being is a human being. But I do feel the lazy people of America should be forced to become working citizens too!

I agree, this is why so many people are opposed to the reform. I have been on both sides of the spectrum.

Poor and on welfare with a small child for about 2 years. Then I found a job that had health insurance and fell into the 90 day waiting period and found catastrophic care, which is all I could afford until my insurance kicked in, and what do you know both my daughter and I became very sick and ended up in the hospital because my daughter was turning blue like a smurf. I was harassed for that bill of a couple of grand and finally found a free attorney to help me fight some of the cost and then was still harassed for the $1000 bucks left because they didn't like that I could only afford $25 a month and now we have great coverage through my husband via Ford for which I feel very blessed for.

I all to well remember going to the clinics and how I was treated and that the clinic overdosed my toddler with codeine cough syrup for a double ear infection they never caught! Let me tell you I would never wish that kind of care on anyone and if you have never experienced I actually wish you would so maybe you'll understand why everyone in America deserves decent health coverage. I am for the health care overhaul and I am tired of the haves and the haves-not situations in this country. There is no-one here that deserves better health care coverage then anyone else, I don't care who you are. A human being is a human being. But I do feel the lazy people of America should be forced to become working citizens too!

Community Service for State or Federal benefits in which you have not helped pay for with taxes within the last year.

Is only right in my opinion.

That sounds a lot like Canadian-style health care. Soon all Americans will have the same type of inferior health care. When everyone becomes equal, they go to the lowest common denominator. If the government is collecting and doling out the money, they will keep the lion's share for themselves. Health care will be deliberately starved so that they will be constantly crying out for more and more money. It is the same as it is for government-run schools. They are starved, even though more and more money goes into them. What is needed is de-regulation, privatization, and true competition. Keep government completely out of the equation.

If America's health care system is OK why is this happening? There are no events like this in France, Britain, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Japan, Spain Portugal or any other developed country.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/04/free-medical-clinic-booked-solid-too-few-medical-volunteers-cause-delays-.html

In remote areas of Canada, there is little or no health care. There is a community in Nova Scotia that recently had to let their nurse go because of lack of funding. That was all the health care they had, one nurse, no doctor. They are still paying through their income taxes for this free health care. They are not allowed by law to use their own money to hire a doctor.

Emergency departments are only open on certain days and for limited hours in the few towns that have them. They have to plan their emergencies accordingly.

If your child needs specialized care, you have to fly him to Toronto to Sick Children's Hospital, which could be thousands of miles away.

They even gouge you for hospital parking in Canada. Visit someone for an hour and be prepared to pay over ten bucks. If you want to park on the street, it is one hour parking within a mile of the hospital, and the police mark your tires and you get a ticket if you are one minute late. Once you are into the health care system, it is total control over your life. That is why I stay out of the loop. They take my money, but they don't get my freedom.

• 4 weeks later...

The new Republican congress should take care of this:

Health Care Law

63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

Support for repeal of the new national health care plan has jumped to its highest level ever. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 63% of U.S. voters now favor repeal of the plan passed by congressional Democrats and signed into law by President Obama in March.

Read more

There's a new republican congress?

Rasmussen as a source? They are a right wing polling company.

Right wing?......how do you explain this?:

During Election 2008, liberal blogger Nate Silver said that the Rasmussen tracking poll “would probably be the one I'd want with me on a desert island."

In 2008, Obama won 53%-46% and our final poll showed Obama winning 52% to 46%. While we were pleased with the final result, Rasmussen Reports was especially pleased with the stability of our results. On every single day for the last six weeks of the campaign, our daily tracking showed Obama with a stable and solid lead attracting more than 50% of the vote.

Read more

You need to educate yourself............obama is an abject failure and is taking this country down the tubes......let's hope is can be turned around