Fox News

Aces

napfirst's message 468.

Follow the thread and replies.

Again, attack the poster, not the article or facts presented!

Once again you are too self absorbed to make much sense.

I replied to the Fox article that Nap posted, try reading.

If you have nothing to say why are you posting?

I understand that you have a hard time defending the continual lies and distortions coming from Fox News.

Here's Roger Ailes with more BS and he can't explain why only his network cut away from the President taking the GOP retreat to school.

I guess the truth was not important!

http://www.newshounds.us/2010/01/31/roger_ailes_nonexplanation_for_cutting_away_from_obamagop_discussion_.php#more

Posting one story that may be true or not does not counter the dozens of lies and unbridled propaganda emerging as a matter of policy from the Fox organization.

At least Nap posts something.

Once again you are too self absorbed to make much sense.

I replied to the Fox article that Nap posted, try reading.

If you have nothing to say why are you posting?

I understand that you have a hard time defending the continual lies and distortions coming from Fox News.

Here's Roger Ailes with more BS and he can't explain why only his network cut away from the President taking the GOP retreat to school.

I guess the truth was not important!

http://www.newshound...ssion_.php#more

Posting one story that may be true or not does not counter the dozens of lies and unbridled propaganda emerging as a matter of policy from the Fox organization.

At least Nap posts something.

I don't need someone else to write an article for me to have something to say.

I cite and post articles when I want to present them in support of my argument or to refute an other's post.

But original thought and opinion is an integral part of having online discussions like these.

Feel free to write and post your own views and I will engage you in examining the ideas you present. I expect the same from you.

ACES

Here's a post, just for you!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House will predict a record budget deficit in the current fiscal year and more big shortfalls for the next decade in its upcoming budget proposal, a congressional source told Reuters on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60U1PZ20100131

Bad press from Reuters, not Fox.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compare to this from Fox News

Obama Sends Congress $3.8 Trillion Budget, Soaring Deficits Projected

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/31/obama-offers-budget-deficits-far-number-crunchers/m/

ACES

Here's a post, just for you!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House will predict a record budget deficit in the current fiscal year and more big shortfalls for the next decade in its upcoming budget proposal, a congressional source told Reuters on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60U1PZ20100131

Bad press from Reuters, not Fox.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compare to this from Fox News

Obama Sends Congress $3.8 Trillion Budget, Soaring Deficits Projected

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/31/obama-offers-budget-deficits-far-number-crunchers/m/

Ther you go agian...using logic and common sense.......!

Ther you go agian...using logic and common sense.......!

The two news stories you present are a good illustration of Fox's bias.

The Reuters story tries to present some of the facts while the Fox story only presents the Republican viewpoint and quotes several Republicans.

Neither story mentions that the costs of the wars are now in the budget, unlike the previous administration's practice of hiding these costs while cutting taxes for the rich.

Thanks for showing Fox's obvious bias.

Edited by Aces

The Reuters story tries to present some of the facts while the Fox story only presents the Republican viewpoint and quotes several Republicans.

Neither story mentions that the costs of the wars are now in the budget, unlike the previous administration's practice of hiding these costs while cutting taxes for the rich.

It also did not mention billions of dollars other "discretionary spending" items.

The issue was the common gist of both articles and how Fox and Reuters were on the same page in assessing the effect of the budget proposal.

Fox was in-line with Reuters. Are you now saying Reuters is biased since they portrayed the OBAMA BUDGET PROPOSAL essentially the same as Fox?

No one expects the article to fully disclose every line item in a budget proposal contained in a book several hundred pages long. It is an overview.

On what date does Obama own his failures?

What would have to happen for you to agree that his initiatives are detrimental to the country?

If he banned all personal property rights?

If he nationalized grocery stores?

If he required all 16 year olds to join a Presidential Police Force?

What would it take?

I am exaggerating, but your zObama (zombie-like Obama kool-aid drinker) loyalty discredits you if there could be NO CIRCUMSTANCES you would object to if he was over-stepping the authority of his office.

How did they hide the cost?........do you mean tax breaks for these people?:

2. What income group pays the most federal income taxes today?

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percentthose below the median income levelnow earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and dont include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

What people like you fail to understand is that these are the people that create jobs, not sure why this is so hard to understand

The New York Times reported recently that the average family in America with an income of $10 million or more received a half-million-dollar tax cut, while the middle class got crumbs (less than $100 shaved off their tax bill). If we examine the taxes paid in a static worldthat is, if we assume that there was no change in behavior and economic performance as a result of the tax codethen these numbers are meaningful. Most of the tax cuts went to the super wealthy]b]But Americans did respond to the tax cuts. There was more investment, more hiring by businesses, and a stronger stock market. When we compare the taxes paid under the old system with those paid after the Bush tax cuts, the rich are now actually paying a higher proportion of income taxes.[/b] The latest IRS data show an increase of more than $100 billion in tax payments from the wealthy by 2005 alone. The number of tax filers who claimed taxable income of more than $1 million increased from approximately 180,000 in 2003 to over 300,000 in 2005. The total taxes paid by these millionaire households rose by about 80 percent in two years, from $132 billion to $236 billion.
Edited by napfirst

Read it and weep Aces:

FOX LEADS FOR TRUST

Americans do not trust the major tv news operations in the country- except for Fox News.

Our newest survey looking at perceptions of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, and NBC News finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not

Read More

Edited by napfirst

How did they hide the cost?........do you mean tax breaks for these people?:

Perhaps you need to educate yourself?

http://www.cfr.org/publication/7663/iraq.html#p9

Did the Bush administration include the cost of the war in its 2005 budget?

No. Instead, it plans to ask for funding in the form of supplemental appropriations from Congress in early 2005. This has led some critics to charge that the Bush administration is trying to hide the cost of the war from American voters. “We must give the troops what they need to be successful under increasingly risky conditions. And the president must tell the hard truth to the American people about how much longer our troops will remain in Iraq and how much more it will cost,” House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said May 5. The Bush administration says it can’t estimate the costs because it does not know how many soldiers it will keep in Iraq and under what conditions they will serve. One solution: the Bush administration could have budgeted $30 billion to $50 billion— assuming the war would cost at least that much. “It was a policy decision” [not to], Holtz-Eakin says.

Read it and weep Aces:

If you had read more than the headline you would not have posted this link.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/fox-leads-for-trust.html

74% of Republicans trust Fox News, but no more than 23% trust any of the other four sources. We already knew that conservatives don't trust the mainstream media but this data is a good prism into just how deep that distrust runs.

For Democrats the numbers are a complete opposite- a majority trust all of ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC while only 30% have faith in Fox News. Continuing the trend in our polling over the last few months that independents hate everything, a plurality of them distrust all five outlets we looked at.

Now people trust Fox the most precisely because of its lack of neutrality.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

If you had read more than the headline you would not have posted this link.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/fox-leads-for-trust.html

74% of Republicans trust Fox News, but no more than 23% trust any of the other four sources. We already knew that conservatives don't trust the mainstream media but this data is a good prism into just how deep that distrust runs.

For Democrats the numbers are a complete opposite- a majority trust all of ABC, CBS, CNN, and NBC while only 30% have faith in Fox News. Continuing the trend in our polling over the last few months that independents hate everything, a plurality of them distrust all five outlets we looked at.

Now people trust Fox the most precisely because of its lack of neutrality.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

I know it's hard for you especially since you started this post as an attempt to bash Fox News.....so let me help you....go back and read the first paragraph where it uses the term "Americans".....not Republican Americans...not democrat Americans.....just Americans...now let me take a stab at that using my public education.....to me that would mean a majority Americans who were surveyed......stay with me now.......go to the second paragraph and the key statement here (and really the gist of the article) is "finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not."...

see you did exactly what you accused me of doing...just reading parts of the article...and because you are probably at work and have limited time I'll copy and paste these 2 portions of the article to save you time.....

Americans do not trust the major tv news operations in the country- except for Fox News.

Our newest survey looking at perceptions of ABC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, and NBC News finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not.

I know it's hard for you especially since you started this post as an attempt to bash Fox News.....so let me help you....go back and read the first paragraph where it uses the term "Americans".....not Republican Americans...not democrat Americans.....just Americans...now let me take a stab at that using my public education.....to me that would mean a majority Americans who were surveyed......stay with me now.......go to the second paragraph and the key statement here (and really the gist of the article) is "finds Fox as the only one that more people say they trust than distrust. 49% say they trust it to 37% who do not."...

see you did exactly what you accused me of doing...just reading parts of the article...and because you are probably at work and have limited time I'll copy and paste these 2 portions of the article to save you time.....

Well if you look at the actual polling results, the conclusion could be drawn that FOX is the Republican news channel.

Perhaps you need to educate yourself?

http://www.cfr.org/publication/7663/iraq.html#p9

Did the Bush administration include the cost of the war in its 2005 budget?

No. Instead, it plans to ask for funding in the form of supplemental appropriations from Congress in early 2005. This has led some critics to charge that the Bush administration is trying to hide the cost of the war from American voters. “We must give the troops what they need to be successful under increasingly risky conditions. And the president must tell the hard truth to the American people about how much longer our troops will remain in Iraq and how much more it will cost,” House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said May 5. The Bush administration says it can’t estimate the costs because it does not know how many soldiers it will keep in Iraq and under what conditions they will serve. One solution: the Bush administration could have budgeted $30 billion to $50 billion— assuming the war would cost at least that much. “It was a policy decision” [not to], Holtz-Eakin says.

How is this hiding?...it was asked for in appropriations........so you're saying that these appropriations were listed as something else in the budget.....?...try again.....

How is this hiding?...it was asked for in appropriations........so you're saying that these appropriations were listed as something else in the budget.....?...try again.....

NO

Bush did not include the cost of the wars in his budgets.

They were separate and hidden.

NO

Of course Fox News did not report on this, so you or other right wingers were kept in the dark about the Bush manipulation of the Budget process.

You need to broaden your sources of information.

Quit trying to spin this, we are talking about Fox in this thread. And Aces is right Bush did not include the cost of the wars in his budgets.

Let me help you too.....you seem as confused as Aces......there is not any spin, the article the YOU commented on listed NBC as 68% trusted by liberals...democrats if you will...........like Aces...you need to educate yourself before commenting on something you don't understand......

NO

Hiding?...no it was in the apropriations.....that's right the same apropriations that the dems voted to support.......do your homework....with each post you appear more and more out of touch.......too busy at work?

Let me help you too.....you seem as confused as Aces......there is not any spin, the article the YOU commented on listed NBC as 68% trusted by liberals...democrats if you will...........like Aces...you need to educate yourself before commenting on something you don't understand......

This thread is not about NBC it is about FOX you are the one who needs to get educated. My comment only pointed out to you, that FOX looks like the Republican news channel from the polling. You seem to have to twist everything to make it a liberal or Demecratic thing, all you are trying to do is deflect from the conversation about FOX.

This thread is not about NBC it is about FOX you are the one who needs to get educated. My comment only pointed out to you, that FOX looks like the Republican news channel from the polling. You seem to have to twist everything to make it a liberal or Demecratic thing, all you are trying to do is deflect from the conversation about FOX.

Let me help you again.....this topic is 25 pages long and behind Aces and Fired, I'm probably the #3 poster on this topic so for you to say I'm deflecting is just another sign of you being completely uninformed......go back a read through this topic, then come back and comment.....in your rush to support another Fox hater you stumbled and you look foolish...