STAP MEETING

dad2

Have you seen any tentative agreement announced by the CAW? Don't think its a ratification meeting? :shades:

information meeting as of now.

leadership has been called to toronto for friday meeting.

reps. will hand out leaflet on thurs. as to what kind of meeting it will be

What's to say they don't tell you it is a ratification vote til you go to the meeting. This would definitely help the yes vote, as all the yes puppets would already be at the meeting.

I think everyone that can go, should be there in case they try to slip this through.

If you are voting NO then make sure you GO, don't let them (international) pull a fast one on us.

Edited by sparky1520

What's to say they don't tell you it is a ratification vote til you go to the meeting. This would definitely help the yes vote, as all the yes puppets would already be at the meeting.

I think everyone that can go, should be there in case they try to slip this through.

If you are voting NO then make sure you GO, don't let them (international) pull a fast one on us.

GOOD POINT!!!

[size="4"]They already have a deal...they have been selling it to us all week in the media. Doom and gloom and then you wait, all of a sudden they will have a deal that will suck, but be better than reported in the media....AND the CAW will all of a sudden be heroes!!!!

They have already killed OTP and now STAP. Bet OAP is next. That's what has been threatened all week!![/size]

Edited by Stap guy

[size="4"]They already have a deal...they have been selling it to us all week in the media. Doom and gloom and then you wait, all of a sudden they will have a deal that will suck, but be better than reported in the media....AND the CAW will all of a sudden be heroes!!!!

They have already killed OTP and now STAP. Bet OAP is next. That's what has been threatened all week!![/size]

According to my sources they have had a deal in place since September,the only thing holding it up is STAP plant chair Scott Smith and his unwillingness to give in to Lewenza's deal. Apparently Lewenza is sacrificing the workforce at STAP to appease the Bargaining committee from Oakville and Windsor,who are in favour of giving Ford the concessions and are trying very hard to sell them to the Oakville CAW membership.The Oakville CAW members have a very strong resistance fighting against concessions.We will have to wait and see if CAW members from STAP fall for another "dangling carrot" trick like the last contract ratification of May 2008.....Let's hope not

According to my sources they have had a deal in place since September,the only thing holding it up is STAP plant chair Scott Smith and his unwillingness to give in to Lewenza's deal. Apparently Lewenza is sacrificing the workforce at STAP to appease the Bargaining committee from Oakville and Windsor,who are in favour of giving Ford the concessions and are trying very hard to sell them to the Oakville CAW membership.The Oakville CAW members have a very strong resistance fighting against concessions.We will have to wait and see if CAW members from STAP fall for another "dangling carrot" trick like the last contract ratification of May 2008.....Let's hope not

Hmmm... Lewenza has from the beginning seemed unwilling to fight for St.Thomas. I wonder if St. Thomas had been a Chrysler plant if that would motivate him more?

Saturday should be quite enlightening.

Hmmm... Lewenza has from the beginning seemed unwilling to fight for St.Thomas. I wonder if St. Thomas had been a Chrysler plant if that would motivate him more?

Saturday should be quite enlightening.

I know what you are talking about. Here in Windsor we had an aluminum casting plant close last year and in my opinion, the leadership rolled over and played dead. During the 2008 contract and meeting ratification, our leadership steered well clear of talking about the plant. It was only brought up during the Q and A session, and there response was, well we have a new agreement but sorry EAP is still closing in another six months.

From this I learned that if there is no chance of saving a plant then the leadership will be very quiet about it. If they feel they can get a new product, then they will spray it all over the media so they will come out looking golden.

MEETING SATURDAY 31 AT LONDON CONVENTION CENTER AT 10:00 AM

Spotlight

INFORMATION / RATIFICATON MEETING

Saturday, October 31 at 10:00 am at London Convention Centre (Wellington & York).

THIS IS FROM LOCAL 1520 WEB SITE.