STAP MEETING

dad2

According to my sources they have had a deal in place since September,the only thing holding it up is STAP plant chair Scott Smith and his unwillingness to give in to Lewenza's deal. Apparently Lewenza is sacrificing the workforce at STAP to appease the Bargaining committee from Oakville and Windsor,who are in favour of giving Ford the concessions and are trying very hard to sell them to the Oakville CAW membership.The Oakville CAW members have a very strong resistance fighting against concessions.We will have to wait and see if CAW members from STAP fall for another "dangling carrot" trick like the last contract ratification of May 2008.....Let's hope not

Your kidding right!!! Scott Smith does not have that type of power. Hell he wasn't even invited to the last set of negotiations. The CAW's excuse was lack of time. They (CAW) are clearly trying to screw us over!!! I am betting Scott Smith will be at the podium Saturday morning trying to tell us a deal closing STAP is the best thing . And you watch the sheep go and vote YES!! They need to get ths deal voted on before Ford announces their 3rd quarter profits!!!

I think we need to ask our national what cuts have they taken in light of the "perfect storm"!!

Listen Pal we have lost more people than you ever had! (I had a master number in the 62xx range there too.)

We need to fight for everybody no new work for WEP and STAP vote NO

How about a good old grass roots union show of solidarity. If the info session/ratification is unfavourable, everyone hold up your home made sign. An idea for the signs could be

"I'm good where I'm at" (quote from Allen Mullaly). :idea:

Hey all you STAP'er's. I will try to get there on Saturday to hand out the ropes with noose already tied. Some of you just don't get it. You have a dead plant walking. Just like the OTP. Nothing, nothing will save it. Your no votes will only hurt your chances for good packages and hurt the other Ford locations STILL in Canada. Remember, Ford will only do what it has to do and Ford does NOT have to be in Canada. So continue to pound your chest's if you think that will help. Supporting your bargaining committee would be the right thing. After all, the majority voted for them!

Ed.

What's to say they don't tell you it is a ratification vote til you go to the meeting. This would definitely help the yes vote, as all the yes puppets would already be at the meeting.

I think everyone that can go, should be there in case they try to slip this through.

If you are voting NO then make sure you GO, don't let them (international) pull a fast one on us.

Maybe you should edit once more. We have NOT been part of an international union since 1985!! :reading:

Ed.

Hey all you STAP'er's. I will try to get there on Saturday to hand out the ropes with noose already tied. Some of you just don't get it. You have a dead plant walking. Just like the OTP. Nothing, nothing will save it. Your no votes will only hurt your chances for good packages and hurt the other Ford locations STILL in Canada. Remember, Ford will only do what it has to do and Ford does NOT have to be in Canada. So continue to pound your chest's if you think that will help. Supporting your bargaining committee would be the right thing. After all, the majority voted for them!

Ed.

Thanks, You just convinced me to vote NO and I'll be expecting Ken and the rest of the bargaining commitee to resign after these concessions are rejected. So I'll continue to pound my chest as you continue to drag your knuckles.

Ford, CAW to end talks if no deal reached: union

Last Updated: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 | 11:13 AM ET Comments64Recommend21CBC News

Ford Canada and the Canadian Auto Workers union will break off talks if the two sides can't reach tentative agreement on a new contract, the head of the auto union said Tuesday.

CAW president Ken Lewenza says not reaching a deal with Ford 'would be real troublesome for CAW.' (Chris Young/Canadian Press)

"If we can't get the deal done this week, then it's not likely we would return to the table until 2011," CAW president Ken Lewenza told CBC News.

At issue is what the CAW perceives as Ford's unwillingness to commit to a Canadian manufacturing footprint in exchange for concessions by the union, which represents 7,000 workers in Windsor, St. Thomas and Oakville, Ont.

If Ford shows co-operation in the area of investment in the future, "security for the future, we should be able to get a deal," Lewenza said.

Ford has already said it plans to stop manufacturing vehicles at its plant in St. Thomas in 2011.

'To ignore what's happening in the auto industry today would be difficult for CAW members.'

— Ken Lewenza, CAW presidentIt has also said it needs the CAW to give it the same concessions it gave competitors General Motors and Chrysler earlier this year in order to stay competitive.

Unlike GM and Chrysler, Ford's U.S. parent is expected to announce profitable third-quarter results on Nov. 2, a contradiction that irks Lewenza.

If no deal is reached, "it will be a very, very bad message for Ford workers in Canada," he added.

"To ignore what's happening in the auto industry today would be difficult for CAW members, not directly tomorrow, but long term," he said.

The talks, which are being held in Toronto, have been "tough and slow moving" since they resumed Monday, Lewenza said.

Talks adjourned in September after earlier rounds made no progress.

Ed.

We tried that last concession vote when OAC turned it down and it did not do us any good. Time for a different approach. Better to go down pounding my chest than without a whimper. Your right about one thing "Ford will only do what it has to do" and concessions will not change that. Now if they offer good packages and something for the other locations I will most certainly support my bargaining committee. Those of us proposing a NO vote are doing so based on what we have been reading and the contract they are trying to push through in the UAW. It would be great to be surprised and be able to cast a YES vote but as I alluded to, myself and many others don't expect it.

Edited by Jaah

We tried that last concession vote when OAC turned it down and it did not do us any good. Time for a different approach. Better to go down pounding my chest than without a whimper. Your right about one thing "Ford will only do what it has to do" and concessions will not change that. Now if they offer good packages and something for the other locations I will most certainly support my bargaining committee. Those of us proposing a NO vote are doing so based on what we have been reading and the contract they are trying to push through in the UAW. It would be great to be surprised and be able to cast a YES vote but as I alluded to, myself and many others don't expect it.

At least you will go and listen, then, make up your mind. Not like these half wits yelling NO NO NO!

By the way, ratification this weekend.

Ed.