Bob King throws in the towel per our Chairperson

Ktp1989

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The polls have closed at the KTP Union hall and the results

are official. Local 862 members have rejected the tentative agreement between Ford

Motor Company and the UAW. Production workers voted eighty-four (84%) percent

against and the skilled trades voted eighty-three (83%) percent against the agreement.

There were a total of four thousand one and twenty (4120) total people that voted. That

is approximately eighty (80%) percent of our membership. Vice President Bob King has

called all National Negotiators and informed them that the agreement has been rejected

nationally.

are official. Local 862 members have rejected the tentative agreement between Ford

against and the skilled trades voted eighty-three (83%) percent against the agreement.

There were a total of four thousand one and twenty (4120) total people that voted. That

is approximately eighty (80%) percent of our membership. Vice President Bob King has

called all National Negotiators and informed them that the agreement has been rejected

nationally.

Err/Uh KTP/LAP union hall :beerchug:

Edited by mule

Bob King,

Please be sure to call Dan Huddleston the President of Local 1111. Some members really believe they will be going to LAP or Kentucky Truck had the vote passed. Shame! Shame! Shame! The No votes from Kentucky suggest most from Indianapolis will not make the cut.

Bob King,

Please be sure to call Dan Huddleston the President of Local 1111. Some members really believe they will be going to LAP or Kentucky Truck had the vote passed. Shame! Shame! Shame! The No votes from Kentucky suggest most from Indianapolis will not make the cut.

Shame. Guess we'll just have to knock you out when our plant closes. See you in 24 months. Thanks for nothing.

nationally.

celebration6_3.jpg

:happy feet: :hyper:

Bob King,

I am sure Dan has Bob's number. More importantly this means that shit will be posted everywhere! Later D-town! :speedie:

u might just want to stay were ur at.....nice and safe behind ur screen...not to many warm welcomes down here :hysterical:

Not too many rocket scientists either apparently. Got plenty of friends and family down there so believe me when I say you're not fooling anybody. Got about 3000 below me at KTP alone. Here's a fact, there's 550 Ford at Indy. Of those, you guys might actually get 100-150 of us. We heard some illeterate put a letter out that said there were 1000 of us with '88 seniority. Come on KY, that's why decimal places are so durn impotent. Don't worry, most of us are married so we won't come down and take your wives.....errr sisters. Don't make your little threats to me. You guys in KY have been coddled and pampered for so long you have no fucking idea what hardship is. Indy has been under the gun for 5 fucking years while Ron has kissed your sorry asses. If providing for my family means I have to leave here and come work down there than so be it. But I'll tell you one thing. I don't give a shit if you boys like it or not. You want be all about unity and sticking together than know that 2003 seniority is sure as fuck not going to be working while I'm on layoff. You all better just deal with that. I'll step away from my screen any fucking time, but don't threaten me and all the other hard working Indy people because we've been threatened by the company since 1957. We're sure as fuck not going to be threatened by a bunch of territorial good ol' boys. Believe that. Here's to solidarity and the hope that some of you figures out what it means. :ohsnap:

Bob King,

Dont count your chickens before they hatch my friend....

think we figured it out this vote you pro-company fuck. You dumbasses at Indy bought the lies and then want to bitch at us.

like i said before...

Shut up and Die like an Autoworker

This sums up the misconception of the American autoworker. Undereducated, overpaid, and too god damn stupid to realize that those nice big checks you get every week say FORD on them. Indy voted down the agreement in May. Remember that one? The one that fucked everyone's brains out. You probably voted that one in though cause you're such a stand up Union brother, right? You assholes forget that you laid down on the shittiest proposal I've seen in my lifetime and voted yes but you decide to pick a fight on a harmless one. Custer did the same fucking thing. I won't die like an auto worker, I'll fight like a husband and father of two who wants a good life for his family. Last time I checked Ford paid my fucking mortgage, what about you? Wake up and realize that in two days time we will be THE most hated group of Union workers this country has ever seen. Our one shot at saving some face to the car buying public and we throw it in their faces. Does being a Union member mean closing your eyes and forgetting about reality? Honda, Toyota, and the rest of the transplants will use this against us and destroy our momentum. We know this deal didn't save Ford any money, but the average car buyer doesn't. That's okay though. You're pockets will be overflowing with "take thats" and "we showed yous." Why do you think they brought Mullally in you jackass? You all say he's an idiot and you call him names. OOOOOOOOOohhhhhh. Open a fucking book and read about him. He turns companies around resistance or not. I love being a Union worker, but if living to fight another day is my ONLY option, then I can live with that. Go back to your fucking hole and try your "pro-company fuck" bullshit on somebody who is dumb enough to fall for it. In solidar.......oh who am I kidding. :stop:

Edited by 3rdgenfordworker

Dont count your chickens before they hatch my friend....

i think by anyone reading these posts its quite apparent how much damage the IUAW has done by whipsawing and strong arming members in our plants, I hope no one gets misplaced or ends up jobless, but lets be for real, do you think the outcome with Ford would have really been any different? Thanks again Internationl Union thugs for doing what the company has failed to do in the last 50 years..divide us!

This sums up the misconception of the American autoworker. Undereducated, overpaid, and too god damn stupid to realize that those nice big checks you get every week say FORD on them. Indy voted down the agreement in May. Remember that one? The one that fucked everyone's brains out. You probably voted that one in though cause you're such a stand up Union brother, right? You assholes forget that you laid down on the shittiest proposal I've seen in my lifetime and voted yes but you decide to pick a fight on a harmless one. Custer did the same fucking thing. I won't die like an auto worker, I'll fight like a husband and father of two who wants a good life for his family. Last time I checked Ford paid my fucking mortgage, what about you? Wake up and realize that in two days time we will be THE most hated group of Union workers this country has ever seen. Our one shot at saving some face to the car buying public and we throw it in their faces. Does being a Union member mean closing your eyes and forgetting about reality? Honda, Toyota, and the rest of the transplants will use this against us and destroy our momentum. We know this deal didn't save Ford any money, but the average car buyer doesn't. That's okay though. You're pockets will be overflowing with "take thats" and "we showed yous." Why do you think they brought Mullally in you jackass? You all say he's an idiot and you call him names. OOOOOOOOOohhhhhh. Open a fucking book and read about him. He turns companies around resistance or not. I love being a Union worker, but if living to fight another day is my ONLY option, then I can live with that. Go back to your fucking hole and try your "pro-company fuck" bullshit on somebody who is dumb enough to fall for it. In solidar.......oh who am I kidding. :stop:

You made your case, I think you understand the the position we are all(both Ford and the UAW.) I will now speak my piece.

The last time we voted on this contract was late February or early March not in May. If you remember we lost the Monday after Easter this year, still have trouble understanding this? Go back and look at your Ford pay stub's, you will see you didn't get paid for that Monday this year. Double check all of your stub's to see how long you have not been getting COLA.

By putting this last modification in, you would have had the chance to come to KTP/LAP. Guess what? You would still have that same chance even though the vote failed. In either case you still wouldn't have come down here unless one of the two plants was in a hiring mode. Now as for you bumping us out of work, good luck there. We still have over 200 of our local Brother's and Sister's on ILO. While other plant's (keep this mind because it could pertain to you one day.) Other plant's have TPT working. My quetion to you is this, why can't all of the Ford employee's on ILO have not been asked to go to these plant's? My answer is simple, so Ford don't have to pay for their insurance.

Despite what Toyota and Honda along with the other transplants do now, we keep our right to strike on EVERYTHING not just some things. This is also a good thing for our Brother's and Sister's over at GM and Chrysler. Should we strike for wage and benefit imporvements and win, guess what they can get them as well. Maybe not as much as us but that is the only hope they have now since the I-UAw want's to do all this pattern bargaining.

The revisted contract back in February spells out the savings that Ford got. In this lastest one I even heard a couple of news people ask where is the saving's. This one was only done for Ford to screw us over sooner than later. We all knew how Mulally was when he was brought in. Yes, he is a smart man. That is why we have to stick together and be smarter than he is. Beside's, in a couple of years you will be here working at one of our plant's and you will be welcomed here. You are one of us, we are all in this together.

Not too many rocket scientists either apparently. Got plenty of friends and family down there so believe me when I say you're not fooling anybody. Got about 3000 below me at KTP alone. Here's a fact, there's 550 Ford at Indy. Of those, you guys might actually get 100-150 of us. We heard some illeterate put a letter out that said there were 1000 of us with '88 seniority. Come on KY, that's why decimal places are so durn impotent. Don't worry, most of us are married so we won't come down and take your wives.....errr sisters. Don't make your little threats to me. You guys in KY have been coddled and pampered for so long you have no fucking idea what hardship is. Indy has been under the gun for 5 fucking years while Ron has kissed your sorry asses. If providing for my family means I have to leave here and come work down there than so be it. But I'll tell you one thing. I don't give a shit if you boys like it or not. You want be all about unity and sticking together than know that 2003 seniority is sure as fuck not going to be working while I'm on layoff. You all better just deal with that. I'll step away from my screen any fucking time, but don't threaten me and all the other hard working Indy people because we've been threatened by the company since 1957. We're sure as fuck not going to be threatened by a bunch of territorial good ol' boys. Believe that. Here's to solidarity and the hope that some of you figures out what it means. :ohsnap:

you been working at indy since 1957?

We are going to be adding a shift here at CAP before long.Anyone from any plant is welcome here.All UAW people should DEMAND they be placed before Ford tries this two tier bullshit.Again you are all wecome at CAP.

You made your case, I think you understand the the position we are all(both Ford and the UAW.) I will now speak my piece.

The last time we voted on this contract was late February or early March not in May. If you remember we lost the Monday after Easter this year, still have trouble understanding this? Go back and look at your Ford pay stub's, you will see you didn't get paid for that Monday this year. Double check all of your stub's to see how long you have not been getting COLA.

By putting this last modification in, you would have had the chance to come to KTP/LAP. Guess what? You would still have that same chance even though the vote failed. In either case you still wouldn't have come down here unless one of the two plants was in a hiring mode. Now as for you bumping us out of work, good luck there. We still have over 200 of our local Brother's and Sister's on ILO. While other plant's (keep this mind because it could pertain to you one day.) Other plant's have TPT working. My quetion to you is this, why can't all of the Ford employee's on ILO have not been asked to go to these plant's? My answer is simple, so Ford don't have to pay for their insurance.

Despite what Toyota and Honda along with the other transplants do now, we keep our right to strike on EVERYTHING not just some things. This is also a good thing for our Brother's and Sister's over at GM and Chrysler. Should we strike for wage and benefit imporvements and win, guess what they can get them as well. Maybe not as much as us but that is the only hope they have now since the I-UAw want's to do all this pattern bargaining.

The revisted contract back in February spells out the savings that Ford got. In this lastest one I even heard a couple of news people ask where is the saving's. This one was only done for Ford to screw us over sooner than later. We all knew how Mulally was when he was brought in. Yes, he is a smart man. That is why we have to stick together and be smarter than he is. Beside's, in a couple of years you will be here working at one of our plant's and you will be welcomed here. You are one of us, we are all in this together.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your point of view. I truly apologize for my tone but I am very angry that some find it almost humorous to attack my chairman and my fellow co-workers in this time of crisis. For some it may seem like a time to celebrate but for those of us in Indy, this has been a long drawn out nightmare. In respect to all of my fellow Union brothers and sisters and their points of view, I will not speak this way again....unless provoked.

My answer is simple, so Ford don't have to pay for their insurance.

YOU, my good man, are paying for MORE than half of your insurance. And you never, ever see any credit for it.

Consider: In the '82 contract you gave up 25 cents toward your own health coverage (including inflation since, that's 57 cents)

During the '93 contract you gave up 24 cents (4 cents for the first COLA raise, 2 cents for each one after)(31 cents

adjusted for inflation)

For the 2005 contract you gave up a 3% raise (78 cents if you are production, 90 for skilled trade) & 17 cents straight out

of COLA and 2 cents thereafter for every COLA raise (16 COLA raises between spr '05 and spr '09)

Therefore, you are either paying $2.15 (production worker) or $2.27 (skilled) toward your own coverage EVERY HOUR YOU WORK.

Further: Your 3% performance bonus you were due in September this year went to cover heath benefits.

Don't know your figures, but for me, it figures well over $8000 I contributed toward health care costs!!!!!

Where in the HELL is my thanks, FORD????

Where is my thanks, Gettlefinger??? King???

Edited by danehilby

Dude, what the fuck ever...

you act all tough and shit like your the only educated person in the whole fucking UAW and that your the only one with family in Fords. Here i'll one up ya, my great grandfather worked at the Rouge long before the UAW and his kids, and his kids and me. My wife's side worked there since the depression. Don't tell me how it is you sad sack piece of shit. My families lived and died with Ford motor as much and more than yours. Take your component making ass back to production and beg Allan for a job, I'm good where i'm at.

Dumb motherfucker acting like you know about living the auto industry and shit. The closest you got to living the industry is watching Roger and Me. Those of us in Michigan lived this shit, watched whole towns go under with layoffs. I watched people get laid off for 5, 6 10 years and shit. Your punk ass says, i talk to my father. My ole man's still at sterling, he said fuck no i won't pass this shit.

Like some POS from Indy gonna talk about solidarity. Have some fucking dignity.

Hi all, lets get past this. We can not change the past all we can do is look forward and change the things we can. The company loves this inner fighting. We have a democratic Union, that isn't going to change, lets unite again and quit bickering! We still need to stand and fight together!

YOU, my good man, are paying for MORE than half of your insurance. And you never, ever see any credit for it.

Consider: In the '82 contract you gave up 25 cents toward your own health coverage (including inflation since, that's 57 cents)

During the '93 contract you gave up 24 cents (4 cents for the first COLA raise, 2 cents for each one after)(31 cents

adjusted for inflation)

For the 2005 contract you gave up a 3% raise (78 cents if you are production, 90 for skilled trade) & 17 cents straight out

of COLA and 2 cents thereafter for every COLA raise (16 COLA raises between spr '05 and spr '09)

Therefore, you are either paying $2.15 (production worker) or $2.27 (skilled) toward your own coverage EVERY HOUR YOU WORK.

Further: Your 3% performance bonus you were due in September this year went to cover heath benefits.

Don't know your figures, but for me, it figures well over $8000 I contributed toward health care costs!!!!!

Where in the HELL is my thanks, FORD????

Where is my thanks, Gettlefinger??? King???

First off I wasn't here for some of those contracts's. But you did make your point regardless. I was thinking that in the contract's that I voted on we gave this up for the retiree's. My bad for getting it wrong if that was the case. My point was as long as our union Brother's and Sister's were still working for Ford, they would have insurance. Soon most will not have any at all.

Capt. is right, the past is behind us now so let's look towards the future. There is no sense in anyone getting mad at some who voted for this last round of Mods, I am sure they voted that way because they felt it was the right thing to do. Myself I voted against it for I thought it was the best thing to do.

I really believe we sent a message not only to our elected leader's up north but to Ford top exec's as well. Bill Ford and Mark Fields let Allan Mulally talk the talk back in February or March about they are at where they need to be UNTILL 2011. We sent the message to them now is the time to walk the walk.

Edited by SOULJABOY

i am ready to stand with my fellow UNION brethren, and even though the numbers indicate it doesn't matter tomorrow when VD votes i'll be there bright and early with my "NO" vote. Standing tall with all my fellow UNION members

I'll be there, also, to cast my "NO" vote. :hysterical: :hysterical: :happy feet: :happy feet:

First off I wasn't here for some of those contracts's. But you did make your point regardless. I was thinking that in the contract's that I voted on we gave this up for the retiree's. My bad for getting it wrong if that was the case.

In essence you are right. The contracts you were not there for still effect your paycheck. Hadn't that money been deferred, your rate of pay would be that much higher. As for the part that is going to help the retirees, yes, that is true. However, the main point is YOU paid a rather large amount of MONEY toward health care coverage, whether it went toward your coverage or the retirees. After all, for the retirees, isn't that what VEBA is all about now??? And, I beleive we are not paying into VEBA. Someone correct me if I am wrong