Ford workers reject contract changes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farley made a very interesting remark a while back on an episode of Autoline, that the US auto industry seems to be 'resetting' to a 14M SAAR, vs. 17M.

I have to agree with that.

Ford has re-scaled it operations to manufacture and sell much fewer cars in the US. They just do not believe that sales will recover to the volume that they used to be (17M) anytime in the near future. (Rather depressing forecast for the total US economy in the next 5 years or so).

If they are betting wrong, they will quickly slide to number 4 or 5 here in the US.

The flip side is, they could be more profitable, selling fewer cars and trucks.

WAP & MTP are being combined for MAP. But main assembly line will be in the old MTP building, not the old WAP building.

Not what the union folks who work there (and live around the block) tell me.

WAP and MAP (the new name for MTP) are still being treated as separate facilities. Everyone at WAP assumes they will be transferred into MAP, when it is ready. Only vendors and skilled trades working at MAP now, and those trades are not considered part of WAP.

Ford has not told any of the local union officials what the future holds for WAP. From what the union folks have told me, WAP is pretty old and would require a retooling on the order of what MAP is getting to have a viable future.

Not what the union folks who work there (and live around the block) tell me.

WAP and MAP (the new name for MTP) are still being treated as separate facilities. Everyone at WAP assumes they will be transferred into MAP, when it is ready. Only vendors and skilled trades working at MAP now, and those trades are not considered part of WAP.

Ford has not told any of the local union officials what the future holds for WAP. From what the union folks have told me, WAP is pretty old and would require a retooling on the order of what MAP is getting to have a viable future.

I'm pretty sure WAP & MAP are being treated as separate entities because of the DOE loan.

The money couldn't be used on WAP because the increase in fuel economy isn't sufficient to qualify.

All I can say its that this union members should give the company a chance until they become trully profitable because one good quarter doesnt mean that the next one will be the same

Those scum bag union people... I hate them.... Fricken Teachers, Firefighters, Police, Writers, Railroad Workers, Auto people etc etc They're all over paid under preforming individuals. Those scum bag UAW people think their human, why they can train a monkey to do that work. Those workers account for 7% of the cost of a vehicle, screw them. I'd rather buy a vehicle built in China or Korea those workers only add 4% to the cost vehicle. I'm not going to send my kids to school either, them damn teachers make too much money. If we band together we can show the world only real people count, who's with me.

I need a little help...

Please list the real people in order, and describe what type of compensation they are entitled to.

1) Alan Mulally - He showed Ford how to become one Ford one goal. That is worth a least 30 Million...

2) ??? fill in the blank - cause I'm lost here? How about the dude that did the guitar thing...Called him King or something, oh wait I think he was in a union screw him. Rat bastard unions trying to raise standard of living for people, I hate em I tell you I hate em.

Back to the list.

Edited by nvsked

Those scum bag union people... I hate them.... Fricken Teachers, Firefighters, Police, Writers, Railroad Workers, Auto people etc etc They're all over paid under preforming individuals. Those scum bag UAW people think their human, why they can train a monkey to do that work. Those workers account for 7% of the cost of a vehicle, screw them. I'd rather buy a vehicle built in China or Korea those workers only add 4% to the cost vehicle. I'm not going to send my kids to school either, them damn teachers make too much money. If we band together we can show the world only real people count, who's with me.

I need a little help...

Please list the real people in order, and describe what type of compensation they are entitled to.

1) Alan Mulally - He showed Ford how to become one Ford one goal. That is worth a least 30 Million...

2) ??? fill in the blank - cause I'm lost here? How about the dude that did the guitar thing...Called him King or something, oh wait I think he was in a union screw him. Rat bastard unions trying to raise standard of living for people, I hate em I tell you I hate em.

Back to the list.

You should have embedded some sort of union fight song with that post. Maybe the union label one. Auto workers weren't exposed to the effects of the competitive market, now they are, wahoo. I don't care what you cost per vehicle as long as it's market driven. Something wrong with that?

You should have embedded some sort of union fight song with that post. Maybe the union label one. Auto workers weren't exposed to the effects of the competitive market, now they are, wahoo. I don't care what you cost per vehicle as long as it's market driven. Something wrong with that?

I thought maybe "give peace a chance"...Competitive? I like that! What services / professions should face competition. Journalism? We can bring objective reporters from India and see if they write the same company sponsored crap you find in American News, give Gannet, Time Warner, and CBS a unbiased slant.

How about we take the patent monopolies away from drug manufacturers, ooh there's a thought... Health Care! Should doctors / hospitals be forced to compete with other nations, hell other states. My insurance should cover me in France, or Germany, I should be able to leave my home state and be covered, I might be able to save a few bucks. Besides Doctors have a monopoly in this country they should face a competitive market right WAHOO.

Again we're on to something here...Free market I like that, remove constraints. What's the average cost per law in Congress? Korea or India can make our laws, just think all the money that can be saved. Hell both Korea and India have socialized medicine we can save a ton in health care cost alone. Capitalism right, lets remove these barrier's, free market yeah... I like that.

Those writers! They belong to some writer's guild or something, no wonder news cost so much. Rat Bastard Unions there everywhere. People just don't understand what kind of money it takes to buy a law, and then these free thinking union SOB's come and challenge the free market controls...

I'm with YOU PEOPLE rat bastard UNIONS

They just do not believe that sales will recover to the volume that they used to be (17M) anytime in the near future. (Rather depressing forecast for the total US economy in the next 5 years or so).

I'd say more that it's a realistic assessment of the degree to which HELOC loans overinflated auto sales to consumers with desires that outstripped their needs. The auto bubble was part and parse of the housing market bubble.

I'd say more that it's a realistic assessment of the degree to which HELOC loans overinflated auto sales to consumers with desires that outstripped their needs. The auto bubble was part and parse of the housing market bubble.

Not exactly. The US industry had been in the general vicinity of 16M units for much of the 90s, IIRC.

I thought maybe "give peace a chance"...Competitive? I like that! What services / professions should face competition. Journalism? We can bring objective reporters from India and see if they write the same company sponsored crap you find in American News, give Gannet, Time Warner, and CBS a unbiased slant.

How about we take the patent monopolies away from drug manufacturers, ooh there's a thought... Health Care! Should doctors / hospitals be forced to compete with other nations, hell other states. My insurance should cover me in France, or Germany, I should be able to leave my home state and be covered, I might be able to save a few bucks. Besides Doctors have a monopoly in this country they should face a competitive market right WAHOO.

Again we're on to something here...Free market I like that, remove constraints. What's the average cost per law in Congress? Korea or India can make our laws, just think all the money that can be saved. Hell both Korea and India have socialized medicine we can save a ton in health care cost alone. Capitalism right, lets remove these barrier's, free market yeah... I like that.

Those writers! They belong to some writer's guild or something, no wonder news cost so much. Rat Bastard Unions there everywhere. People just don't understand what kind of money it takes to buy a law, and then these free thinking union SOB's come and challenge the free market controls...

I'm with YOU PEOPLE rat bastard UNIONS

BBC America baby. Satelites will get you the news from anywhere, as will the internet in place of print media, so they are competing.

If you want to wait for that ambulance ride to Boston or Bombay go for it. I think I'll pick the closer hospital.

Now, back to your argument about labor.

BBC America baby. Satelites will get you the news from anywhere, as will the internet in place of print media, so they are competing.

If you want to wait for that ambulance ride to Boston or Bombay go for it. I think I'll pick the closer hospital.

Now, back to your argument about labor.

Elective procedure