STAP VOTE

BT

You do realize that in almost every other company in the WORLD, when a plant is closed for whatever reason, that the emplyees are NOT entitled to """BUYOUTS" of any type.

READ THIS ONTARIO LABOUR LAW

So Ford could have paid you the minimum severance as defined by the the LAW and just said see ya.

It sucks that anyone lost their job but it happens every day and if you worked ANYWHERE ELSE you would know the reality.

you Charly...are a fucking moron.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more, glad someone also see's it my way. I know we will get those people that will say "well the union did get you a good buyout package" like fuck they did the union got nothing for us! Ford is a huge company that just canned 1600 employees they gave the buyout to save face. They already made their minds up about STAP you think the union could make them give us a buyout just by asking for it? Stap isn't the first ford plant to close and just like our plant, ford gave them a buyout also it's not something new! Whitey knew we were done he just didn't have the balls to tell us so he appointed his buddy Scott to take his place. I have only seen this guy walk through our plant twice once when re-election came up. Way to go union appoint someone who has no backbone...must have been that $200,000 he gets every year,hell pay me 200g for a disappearing act and I'd probally take it too. I wonder where all our proceeds to the union will go? Probally to the nationals,how about when we sell the hall? That shouldn't happen we paid for it not the union, maybe they already sold it and split up the money between them after all we didn't have the vote there. What was the meeting in the convention centre anyway we do have a hall don't we? Ken probally wanted all the media coverage he could get, so he could gloat a little more and say whithout him this deal wouldn't have happened.......yes Ken you are a union God I will bend down and kiss your ass....fuck-you

I quess you never ever made it to our union hall dumb ass. It only fits 300 people. It sucks that we're closing, but the writing has been on the wall for years. Quit crying about what the union and move on!

I been at STAP 17 years asshole and I have been there plenty of times I am just saying why did the union see fit to rent probally the most expensive place in town on our dues? If you pushovers didn't suck so much union cock we would have fought for STAP years ago instead of waiting until it was to late? You must have been it the front row, fuckin moron or better yet controling the mic's. I pay by dues every month so that intitles me to say whatever I choose to say about the fuckin CAW buddy when I fail to do this then I will shut my mouth and move on, if the CAW fails me I have the right to voice my opinion, if you don't like it stay the fuck off the site!

Edited by roggie13

You do realize that in almost every other company in the WORLD, when a plant is closed for whatever reason, that the emplyees are NOT entitled to """BUYOUTS" of any type.

I also know that in almost every other company in the world, if you can't do your job, you will be terminated. But the CAW doesn't allow that. I also know that in every other company in the world, if a company decides to close an operation, it will look to move it's best employees from that location to another one, to keep them employed within the company. The CAW doesn't allow that either.

I don't care about the buy out. I don't want it. I want a job. But the CAW did their best to make sure I won't have one anymore.

If the CAW wants to impress me, they'll refund every single penny they took from me in dues. That is the only cash I want out of this

The goverment has carried out the plan of the WTO in having 2 classes of working stiffs the min wage earner and the dirty rotten rich white collar.

We actually have three classes now......the average Joe who toils for $10-$15 per hour as jobs at Walmart, Home Depot, and similar chain stores grow through reliance on imports from China; the dirty rotten rich white collar executives and Wall Street aces; and Government workers who have no competition; no outsourcing; no downsizing; increasing demand for services; and spineless Governments willing to pay usurious levels of wages and benfits by taxing the hell out of Joe & Jane Average Worker.

I also know that in almost every other company in the world, if you can't do your job, you will be terminated. But the CAW doesn't allow that. I also know that in every other company in the world, if a company decides to close an operation, it will look to move it's best employees from that location to another one, to keep them employed within the company. The CAW doesn't allow that either.

I don't care about the buy out. I don't want it. I want a job. But the CAW did their best to make sure I won't have one anymore.

If the CAW wants to impress me, they'll refund every single penny they took from me in dues. That is the only cash I want out of this

great idea, and while your at it, how about YOU give back that extra 20 or so bucks an hour that the CAW managed to get you paid, because if you worked anywhere else you would NEVER have made wages like you have made,thanks to them.

Your Dues were also tax deductible.

And the CAW does offer preferred hiring WHEN THERE ARE OPENINGS.

If the dues are all you want back, then take them out of your vehicle voucher and we can call it even.

great idea, and while your at it, how about YOU give back that extra 20 or so bucks an hour that the CAW managed to get you paid, because if you worked anywhere else you would NEVER have made wages like you have made,thanks to them.

I think you are unaware of what my skill set is, and what kind of wage I can demand, and receive.

And the CAW does offer preferred hiring WHEN THERE ARE OPENINGS.

Based upon seniority, not on skill or work ethic.

Nice try though. But once again, just like the union you worship, you failed.

Good observation and a great comment, still does not alter the facts presented in the link.

Or did you get that far.

you obviously have no idea what the layoff and separation agreements between the CAW and Ford already had in place under the 2008 contract. The severance package we just received doesn't even meet the same "severance pattern"that GM had already set and they were bankrupt....The STEP program is great if you land other work and want to sever yourself from Ford....but the fact is that you would net more income waiting on SUB and then deciding whether to collect IMP or take the VTEP severance....the law might only be a week per year or whatever but we had an agreement that Ford could not have gotten out of,whether STAP was closed or not....If Ford tried to weasel out of paying what we were due under the agreement,I'm confident that enough workers from STAP and other Locals would bus down to Oakville and hijack the Ford Headquarters til we received our due....You are obviously a kool-aid drinker and have no backbone....life will go on for us at STAP,but it sure isn't going to be very good for you Oakville people for a long time to come...enjoy your 10 min. breaks this soon Charly,you of all people deserve them the most.

Edited by gocash

No, it’s a shame that the union didn’t fight for STAP they way they fought for other plants. Instead of looking for better pensions, or higher hourly wage, they should have looked for that money to go into STAP. The CAW screwed up, but is unwilling to accept it.

It’s a shame that you are trying to pass the buck on to someone else

Nope, it was the CAW.

I suggest the CAW refund all my dues, sell any assets they accumulated with those dues and dived the profit amongst their members

You mean the guys at GM and Chrysler who got better packages?

Never was, never will be.

Cocheese

you can thank your union for the wage you recieved for the past 17 years and the time off the job you enjoyed and the hockey school for your kids and the fancy haircuts for your wife and the house that you live in and the two cars in your drive way and the extra 2olbs that you carry arround your waist and the snow blower in your garrage and the trip you took to Cuba last year and yadda yadda yadda fnkng yadda.!!!

I am prepared for the future and am in fact looking forward to not having to listen to all of the pssng and moaning watching all of the manouvering and belly crawling any more.

The fat lady has sung so cash your fkng check (that your union got for you) and pay your house off or spend it on crack for that matter.

BUT QUIT YOUR FKING BELLY ACHING AND SHOW SOME CHARACTER !!!

Cocheese

you can thank your union for the wage you recieved for the past 17 years and the time off the job you enjoyed and the hockey school for your kids and the fancy haircuts for your wife and the house that you live in and the two cars in your drive way and the extra 2olbs that you carry arround your waist and the snow blower in your garrage and the trip you took to Cuba last year and yadda yadda yadda fnkng yadda.!!!

I am prepared for the future and am in fact looking forward to not having to listen to all of the pssng and moaning watching all of the manouvering and belly crawling any more.

The fat lady has sung so cash your fkng check (that your union got for you) and pay your house off or spend it on crack for that matter.

Great post!

For all the whiners at STAP,

Yes it is time to grow up!

Cocheese

Excuse me but the Union did not sign our pay cheques the company does. Yes, the Union did negotiate the rates and benefits to a greater extent. But, face facts that if the company could not afford the rates and benefits they would have been lower. What I'm getting at is it's easy to lead in prosperous times. But, the true measure comes during difficult times. The CAW National failed to do a damn thing for STAP and conceded too much elsewhere for "commitments". The closing agreement was not patterned. The only thing the National managed was to be duped into greater concessions by a superior foe.

Cocheese

You must have me confused for someone else.

First, last time I checked, the company on my pay stub was Ford, not the CAW. I will thank them for what they provided for me and my family. The only time I ever saw the CAW on my cheque was in the deduction column. Not to mention, since I wasn't dependent on the CAW to keep me employed, and I worked every day I was there, I am missing that extra 20lbs you speak of.

I have already received two job offers, and once I let the "dust settle", and get more answers about what was actually agreed to in the contract, I will weigh my options carefully. When I do move on to the next step in my life, I will thank Ford for the car they are giving me, and use the money to help better secure my future. And I will be damn sure to tell anyone who dares to even think about joining the CAW about how they threw 1.600+ under the bus.

As for showing my character, well the fact I am not will to bend over and keep quiet will the union sticks it to me shows my character. The fact you can't think for yourself and believe in said union, shows what little character you have. Have fun trying to get a job with your work record sonny

You must have me confused for someone else.

First, last time I checked, the company on my pay stub was Ford, not the CAW. I will thank them for what they provided for me and my family. The only time I ever saw the CAW on my cheque was in the deduction column. Not to mention, since I wasn't dependent on the CAW to keep me employed, and I worked every day I was there, I am missing that extra 20lbs you speak of.

I have already received two job offers, and once I let the "dust settle", and get more answers about what was actually agreed to in the contract, I will weigh my options carefully. When I do move on to the next step in my life, I will thank Ford for the car they are giving me, and use the money to help better secure my future. And I will be damn sure to tell anyone who dares to even think about joining the CAW about how they threw 1.600+ under the bus.

As for showing my character, well the fact I am not will to bend over and keep quiet will the union sticks it to me shows my character. The fact you can't think for yourself and believe in said union, shows what little character you have. Have fun trying to get a job with your work record sonny

Get back to me in five years and tell me how you like your new job.

I Hope you don't get laid off because most other companies are not as generous as your beloved Ford Motor Co.

and only voluntarily give you 75% of your wage to sit at home... oh yeh you can also thank your union for tens of thousands of $ of sub too.

Justin and Cocheese. Have you guys ever worked any where else? (just curious)

Cocheese how much do the new job offers pay?

Edited by young buck 1520

Get back to me in five years and tell me how you like your new job.

I Hope you don't get laid off because most other companies are not as generous as your beloved Ford Motor Co.

and only voluntarily give you 75% of your wage to sit at home... oh yeh you can also thank your union for tens of thousands of $ of sub too.

Justin and Cocheese. Have you guys ever worked any where else? (just curious)

Cocheese how much do the new job offers pay?

I've personally worked at several other places. You're correct in the pay and benefits were...umm are good. But, the beloved union is not innocent. Let me correct myself. The union, being the membership, is innocent in fact sometimes naive. The leadership which is meant to be responsible to the union only saved ... well nothing. But, sold everything including the principle of solidarity.

I've personally worked at several other places. You're correct in the pay and benefits were...umm are good. But, the beloved union is not innocent. Let me correct myself. The union, being the membership, is innocent in fact sometimes naive. The leadership which is meant to be responsible to the union only saved ... well nothing. But, sold everything including the principle of solidarity.

I personally have worked my ass of at other places, and didn't get into ford until my late 20's the CAW didn't get my job for me I have been there now 17 years showed up every day perfect attendance for 6 years missed one day for my wedding, my dad's funeral, and when i had to put my dog down have not asked the union for anything, I do my job and do it well I don't even speak to them ....just a hello if and when they walk by. When I got to the plant the wages were what they are about now give or take a couple of bucks. The CAW today is nothing like the CAW 20 years ago the union of yesterday fought for my wages not todays union they are totally spineless dicks that are only out for them selves. What has the union done for us in the last 10 years? We have lost tv's on the floor, lost Sterling, Freightliner, lost plants for GM, Chrysler,OAP's truck plant, STAP one shift now the whole plant, benefits, breaks, the right to have our own coffee makers on the floor, spas, holidays, bonus's we now have PAL days because the union cares too much about the crack head and drunks instead of the people that show up every day,clawback,every fukin thing retiree's have fought for over the years and the list is endless. Again what have they done in the past 10 years? We got one year reprieve that the CAW claims responsibility for that ford probally was gonna give us anyway. and a couple of extra dollars on our paycheck that is off set by the COLA freeze and a buyout that is less then what the other companies received. So when guys show a little animosity towards the CAW it is well justified. So why don't you union lovers give your heads a shake and open your fukin eyes it was the workers of the past and not the present CAW that's fought for all that you have today!!!

Edited by roggie13

I personally have worked my ass of at other places, and didn't get into ford until my late 20's the CAW didn't get my job for me I have been there now 17 years showed up every day perfect attendance for 6 years missed one day for my wedding, my dad's funeral, and when i had to put my dog down have not asked the union for anything, I do my job and do it well I don't even speak to them ....just a hello if and when they walk by. When I got to the plant the wages were what they are about now give or take a couple of bucks. The CAW today is nothing like the CAW 20 years ago the union of yesterday fought for my wages not todays union they are totally spineless dicks that are only out for them selves. What has the union done for us in the last 10 years? We have lost tv's on the floor, lost Sterling, Freightliner, lost plants for GM, Chrysler,OAP's truck plant, STAP one shift now the whole plant, benefits, breaks, the right to have our ow coffee makers on the floor, spas, holidays, bonus's we now have PAL days because the union cares too much about the crack head and drunks instead of the people that show up every day,clawback,the list is endless. Again what have they done in the past 10 years? We got one year reprieve that the CAW claims responsibility for that ford probally was gonna give us anyway. and a couple of extra dollars on our paycheck that is off set by the COLA freeze and a buyout that is less then what the other companies received. So when guys show a little animosity towards the CAW it is well justified. So why don't you union lovers give your heads a shake and open your fukin eyes it was the workers of the past and not the union of today that fought for what you have today!!!

I am interested to know, what have you contributed personally to make improvements to our local and national union?

I am interested to know, what have you contributed personally to make improvements to our local and national union?

The same as you fucknut my $80 fukin bucks a month and a vote what the fuck have you done, besides drink beer at the fucking hall!

Edited by roggie13

I don't see how you are more "screwed" with this package than with the old one, maybe you could explain it to me, or did you think Ford would come running back to the table with a better package if we turned it down? :banghead:

Ford started to restructor in 2002 after the Firestone Tire cluster F%$. It will report a year over year profit THIS year, even better resultes NEXT and would have had 1 F%^$ of a time in Sept 2011 saying they have no money for a new product or investment in the car. What we should have gotten in this deal was the 200 Mill that was for a refresh in 06 but went to the TC instead. The car would have lasted ? more years. Jast admit to yourself that your union threw you under a bus pure and simple.

Ford started to restructor in 2002 after the Firestone Tire cluster F%$. It will report a year over year profit THIS year, even better resultes NEXT and would have had 1 F%^$ of a time in Sept 2011 saying they have no money for a new product or investment in the car. What we should have gotten in this deal was the 200 Mill that was for a refresh in 06 but went to the TC instead. The car would have lasted ? more years. Jast admit to yourself that your union threw you under a bus pure and simple.

Why did you quote me with this statement? There is nothing in it that explains how we would be better off with the old contract and if you think I was defending our leadership, your wrong.