Buyouts

stepup

Been off three weeks, couldn't get through to "Marvin", barely gonna clear 50,000, and the kids have been so happy I have been off. I would probably be happier with a buyout. I have actually been living for three weeks, it feels like. Go back to school, finish my bach. and start living again. Not mad at Ford at all and would continue to buy Ford, but the layoffs and uncertainty leads me to realize that I'm ready to move on. Ford has been good to me all my life, literally, but the plant is stressing me. 16 years and lot's of great friends. Make me an offer and I pass the torch. Quality; one.

Captain u say those plants that have people on ILO will offer buyouts for as many that are laid off. do you know what they (FORD) will offer? as far as dollars?

No...No...not all with lay-offs. They are not going to offer it again. If you were laid off prior to June of this year, you were offered a package. If you didn't take one then they are not going to offer another one. Some plants were not offered with ILOed people after this date. So the company isn't going to allow you to use sub and tap and then take a buy out. You will have to make this decision once you get ILOed. Ford will offer the STEPand SRI. I haven't heard of anything else!

There will be no more buyouts. There is no need for Ford to offer them. They will just layoff now and thats it, they dont have to call ayone back. After weeks run out thats it..

Even after an employee runs out of Sub and then TAP they still have 18 months they have recall rights to Ford, once again Die you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Even after an employee runs out of Sub and then TAP they still have 18 months they have recall rights to Ford, once again Die you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

They will always have recall back to Ford....the UAW will make sure of that! Die is definitely a fk stick! Hope she (because sounds like a beeatch) is cut in the next round of salaried cuts! Probably a sukretary!

They will always have recall back to Ford....the UAW will make sure of that! Die is definitely a fk stick! Hope she (because sounds like a beeatch) is cut in the next round of salaried cuts! Probably a sukretary!

Last I remember recall rights were double your seniority, I don't remember seeing that changed.

I am on ILO from L.A.P.,there is no buyouts being offered to us.I have been off since July 2nd and the only buyout they offered was to buyout of tap at around $10,000.00 with no recall rights.I will be going into TAP on Dec. 5th.(first group) but will have recall rights for the length of seniority.Even if I turn down a job opportunity,still have recall rights,but lose all other benefits.

I stand corrected I was thinking of option 2 of the March 2009 mods with regards to "job placement" in accordance with page 25 and page 26 of that agreement.

My bad, referring to the 18 months period before they go inactive.

Edited by lquidspine

Die W. you dumbfuck! People on ILO will have recall rights and can bump low seniority in zone. The company would love to just let those worker's weeks run out, but the union's has to contractually transfer high seniority to other plants, even if it means the low seniority would be bumped out and may not have a job anymore. That's the one benefit that everyone should understand about seniority...it RULES! We at AAI have taken many workers when we didn't have ANY openings. High seniority came in and low left. It's much harder to find available plants now, and workers on ILO may just get one offer and it may suck for them, but we've lost half our plants in the last decade, and there's not that many plants left. You either follow the big money to a new plant or you take the buyout and hope for the best. Die, you're full of shit, your typing and spelling SUCK...do you READ the nonsense you're typing? You need to use a dictionary more often.. YOU DICK!

I am on ILO from L.A.P.,there is no buyouts being offered to us.I have been off since July 2nd and the only buyout they offered was to buyout of tap at around $10,000.00 with no recall rights.I will be going into TAP on Dec. 5th.(first group) but will have recall rights for the length of seniority.Even if I turn down a job opportunity,still have recall rights,but lose all other benefits.

That is correct, now comes the language for your statement.

An employee may elect , prior to becoming eligible for TAP benefit, to opt out of TAP benefits and receive a lump sum cash payment; in doing so , the employee shall forfeit eligibility for weekly TAP benefit payments, and also shall forfiet all recall rights. The gross (pretax)amount of the opt out lump-sum cash payment is calculated as 10,000 plus the maximum TAP benefit for which the employee would otherwise be elgible (i.e. 50 percent of the gross weekly wages , based on 40 hour week , multiplied by either 26, 39, 52, depending on the employees seniority ). An employee who elects to opt out of the TAP will continue to receive health care coverage for the remainder of the months of extended coverage for which he or she would have been eligible , based on years of seniority at the time of layoff, had he or she not elected to opt out of the TAP.

Taken from page 24 of the early 2009 modifications agreement.

Die W. you dumbfuck! People on ILO will have recall rights and can bump low seniority in zone. The company would love to just let those worker's weeks run out, but the union's has to contractually transfer high seniority to other plants, even if it means the low seniority would be bumped out and may not have a job anymore. That's the one benefit that everyone should understand about seniority...it RULES! We at AAI have taken many workers when we didn't have ANY openings. High seniority came in and low left. It's much harder to find available plants now, and workers on ILO may just get one offer and it may suck for them, but we've lost half our plants in the last decade, and there's not that many plants left. You either follow the big money to a new plant or you take the buyout and hope for the best. Die, you're full of shit, your typing and spelling SUCK...do you READ the nonsense you're typing? You need to use a dictionary more often.. YOU DICK!

Good luck waiting for it..YOu better read the language again, but this time closely. The union or Ford doesnt have an obligation to any one after they are permanently laid off. Its all in the langauage and the way its worded, I would be gald to explain it ot you if youy are having trouble understanding.

Good luck waiting for it..YOu better read the language again, but this time closely. The union or Ford doesnt have an obligation to any one after they are permanently laid off. Its all in the langauage and the way its worded, I would be gald to explain it ot you if youy are having trouble understanding.

Hey dkbag, do you know what language you have when they downsize your ass? Can't wait till they fk you!! Can I go to the party? We are going to start in East Coast and work our way to OHIO!! Count on it Paul!

Dummy!

Coming from you the epitome of the word dummy I will take as a compliment.

Die you would not know the language in our contract if it hit up side the head sucked you off and gave you a reach around. Funny you find the time to respond with your supper witty and thoughtful remarks, except when I have actually given the direct facts and the avenue in which to see for yourself.... then you simply ignore my posts.

Good call on the contract Mods by the way you called that 100%........wrong