ZELEDYNE GLASS(FORMALLY FORD GLASS DIVISION)

kcman23

what are the odds of any ACH plant surviving after they are sold? :censored:

i talked to d. wilson at the nashville plant and she said they are running about 50 to 70 % scrap . looks like they are getting what they pay for. if our uaw brothers and sisters had not voted to sell the plant, you and i would be there today working for ford motor co. just like the ones at saline etc. bunch was the only one that would listen to me. don't sign anything. p.s. our check is the same as it always was, still says ford motor co. nashville glass plant ,centennial blvd. this tell you anything. good luck in kc, dozerman

i talked to d. wilson at the nashville plant and she said they are running about 50 to 70 % scrap . looks like they are getting what they pay for. if our uaw brothers and sisters had not voted to sell the plant, you and i would be there today working for ford motor co. just like the ones at saline etc. bunch was the only one that would listen to me. don't sign anything. p.s. our check is the same as it always was, still says ford motor co. nashville glass plant ,centennial blvd. this tell you anything. good luck in kc, dozerman

Just curious, are you J.A.? Also are you working at the plant now, or having to use sub. credits? I

transfered out myself, but I was hoping things were working out for you & bunch. I wish everyone there

the best, It used to be a great place to work.

Just curious, are you J.A.? Also are you working at the plant now, or having to use sub. credits? I

transfered out myself, but I was hoping things were working out for you & bunch. I wish everyone there

the best, It used to be a great place to work.

thats right, we probally work together at some point. bunch is waiting on lap to retool and then he will have a slot there in 2011. myself, just waiting on a call to anywhere to finish out my time. i need 2.5 years to get my 30 in. if no call by the lap retool i will finish my time out there. things are working out good for him and i. just glad i didn't sign the kc or memphis job. sister said she wished she had listen to me when i told her not to sign anything. she hated every day she was there. if ya'll didn't take the 45k transfer money ,yall can transfer to lap in 2011, however if you did ,then kc became you home plant. i sure butch told everyone this, lol. anyway good luck and wish everyone out there the best. ps. we was laid off in sept. 08. still getting our checks that says ford motor co. nashville glass plant.

thats right, we probally work together at some point. bunch is waiting on lap to retool and then he will have a slot there in 2011. myself, just waiting on a call to anywhere to finish out my time. i need 2.5 years to get my 30 in. if no call by the lap retool i will finish my time out there. things are working out good for him and i. just glad i didn't sign the kc or memphis job. sister said she wished she had listen to me when i told her not to sign anything. she hated every day she was there. if ya'll didn't take the 45k transfer money ,yall can transfer to lap in 2011, however if you did ,then kc became you home plant. i sure butch told everyone this, lol. anyway good luck and wish everyone out there the best. ps. we was laid off in sept. 08. still getting our checks that says ford motor co. nashville glass plant.

so you will be running out of sub in april 2010? then you will be on tap(half pay) hoping for a slot at lap 2011. correct? You talk like your still in the JSP(that doesn't exist anymore) How do you get a check that says Ford nashville glass plant? You should be getting a unemployment and sub check. Just wondering.:shades:

Edited by kcman23

Good to hear from you Dozerman. Glad to hear things are going okay. BTW, I have the same classification as your brother had. You definately know me well. Hang in there & good luck!!!

so you will be running out of sub in april 2010? then you will be on tap(half pay) hoping for a slot at lap 2011. correct? You talk like your still in the JSP(that doesn't exist anymore) How do you get a check that says Ford nashville glass plant? You should be getting a unemployment and sub check. Just wondering. :shades:

i will recieve tap starting in may 2010 till may 2011. i am on sub now, however my check looks just like it did when we worked at the glass plant except now it has dept. 900 instead of dept. 017. probally still getting the ford motor co. nashville glass plant check because they still own it. take care ,dozerman

Good to hear from you Dozerman. Glad to hear things are going okay. BTW, I have the same classification as your brother had. You definately know me well. Hang in there & good luck!!!

10-4 speedster, hard to believe it'll be 4 years may 10 since he died. drove through oak grove the other day and could'nt stop thinking about ole boots. guess it's been about 10 years since he was killed. anyway tell dy, dee and the rest of the gang hello. stay safe , dozerman

i will recieve tap starting in may 2010 till may 2011. i am on sub now, however my check looks just like it did when we worked at the glass plant except now it has dept. 900 instead of dept. 017. probally still getting the ford motor co. nashville glass plant check because they still own it. take care ,dozerman

so you are saying that you made the best decision for yourself? since you only needed 2.5 years and could afford to live on half wages for a year waiting on a possible call to lap. what about the people with 5,10,15,20 years in that transfered. I believe they made the best choice for themselves. Ford may still control things , but have heard rumors that its up for sale again,(1 1/2 years later). also heard if no investors are found that ford will shut it down and farm the parts out.??? :shades:

Edited by kcman23

JA,

If you had signed to go to Memphis, you could have gotten the SER+ package offered last fall. You would have been given 3 pension credits to take the package and retire. You would have only been there 9 months or less and would be drawing a full pension. You had the seniority to get there. I guess hindsight really is 20-20.

And oh yes, you would have gotten $4900 moving allowance, $10,000 initial transfer incentive, and $15,000 transfer incentive for the first year. You would have forefieted the last $20,000 transfer incentive check for retiring before you had worked a year.

To each his own, but I went for 9 months and know this was the right decision for me.

JA,

If you had signed to go to Memphis, you could have gotten the SER+ package offered last fall. You would have been given 3 pension credits to take the package and retire. You would have only been there 9 months or less and would be drawing a full pension. You had the seniority to get there. I guess hindsight really is 20-20.

And oh yes, you would have gotten $4900 moving allowance, $10,000 initial transfer incentive, and $15,000 transfer incentive for the first year. You would have forefieted the last $20,000 transfer incentive check for retiring before you had worked a year.

To each his own, but I went for 9 months and know this was the right decision for me.

you could have stayed at the warehouse and got the ser+ package and not even gone to memphis. i didn't get the ser+ because i wasn't 50 by the cut of date. that means i would still be stuck in memphis today if i had took the job . i'am just riding this out and i'll go where ever when i get the call . glad you got your retirement and the 3 years. i think we hired in the same day back in 6-6-77, anyway good luck and take care

Start looking for another job if your on TAP

Your Going nowhere unless you work assembly as needed only skilled trades forget it

IUAW is letting them run your benefits out like deleting the job bank

GM is doing the same thing and plans to let 21,000 more go by the end of 2010

Good Luck unless you want to work for 14 dollars an hour

Your Union Reps are padding there pockets now IE Ron and Bob

If you survive this you will make either 28 or 14 dollars an hour until 2015

In that time retirement will go away veba will go bankrupt and you will have a 28 or 14 dollar an hour job with a 401k and some health care

Sad thing is alot of men and women to old to keep up with there work standards will be fired

the 30 and out at 50 will be begging to come back

I used to love UAW now I think UAW sold us out it started with Rons VEBA

you could have stayed at the warehouse and got the ser+ package and not even gone to memphis. i didn't get the ser+ because i wasn't 50 by the cut of date. that means i would still be stuck in memphis today if i had took the job . i'am just riding this out and i'll go where ever when i get the call . glad you got your retirement and the 3 years. i think we hired in the same day back in 6-6-77, anyway good luck and take care

I couldn't have stayed at he warehouse and got the SER+. I wasn't 50 by the cutoff date either. Cutoff date I believe was Dec 1 2008. I didn't turn 50 until March 09. If you had gone to Memphis you could have taken the SER+ package Ford offered last fall. You could grow into [turn 50] it until June 1, 09. You had to retire the first day of the month following your 50th birthday. We did hire in the same day. Are you still gaining retirement credits while you are out of work? Good luck wherever you may land.

so you are saying that you made the best decision for yourself? since you only needed 2.5 years and could afford to live on half wages for a year waiting on a possible call to lap. what about the people with 5,10,15,20 years in that transfered. I believe they made the best choice for themselves. Ford may still control things , but have heard rumors that its up for sale again,(1 1/2 years later). also heard if no investors are found that ford will shut it down and farm the parts out.??? :shades:

bunch and i just figured we would have more options if we didn't sign anything. you're right, everybody had to do what they had to do. talked to a retiree yesterday who went to the last union meeting and he said t.g. said if no new investors are found that there is a good possibility ford will take it back. he said their intentions was not to resale, sounds like what they are doing at saline. who knows only time will tell. looks like if everybody would have stuck together and voted no we would still be working on centennial blvd. take care kcman23

I couldn't have stayed at he warehouse and got the SER+. I wasn't 50 by the cutoff date either. Cutoff date I believe was Dec 1 2008. I didn't turn 50 until March 09. If you had gone to Memphis you could have taken the SER+ package Ford offered last fall. You could grow into [turn 50] it until June 1, 09. You had to retire the first day of the month following your 50th birthday. We did hire in the same day. Are you still gaining retirement credits while you are out of work? Good luck wherever you may land.

i started to sign the memphis job, even drove down there and checked it out, just didn't know what to do so i didn't sign anything. when i got laid off in sept.08 i had 26.5 years and i just checked my service and they said i have 27.6 . i guess as long as i am getting a check i'll still gain retirement credits. my goal is to get a 30 year retirement one way or the other,whatever it takes. you know how it has always been for our group, just a dog fight the whole time. your race is over and i am on the final lap. enjoy your retirement g.s. dozerman

i started to sign the memphis job, even drove down there and checked it out, just didn't know what to do so i didn't sign anything. when i got laid off in sept.08 i had 26.5 years and i just checked my service and they said i have 27.6 . i guess as long as i am getting a check i'll still gain retirement credits. my goal is to get a 30 year retirement one way or the other,whatever it takes. you know how it has always been for our group, just a dog fight the whole time. your race is over and i am on the final lap. enjoy your retirement g.s. dozerman

It is good to know you are still gaining credits. If you are gaining credits and getting a check you are way ahead of those that took the money and pay cut. It does seem our group was right on the trailing edge of everything. I finished with 29.7 after the 3 credits were added back. I always said I wouldn't go without the full 30 but I just couldn't keep commuting and taking a chance of not getting the 3 credits back. It only amounted to about 30 or $40 a month cut. I guess we just have to keep the faith that the retirees will not lose it all someday. When you retire at our age, a lot of circumstances can change. Good luck, you will get there.

i hope it works out for you but you need to see the concessions from a year ago i got an email at the plant from the chair at ktp outlining the concession package and there was a letter from ron g stating that lap and ktp would need all their employes come 2010 2011 and no transfers would be allowed in or out because THEY DID NOT WANT TO UP SET FAMILIES i gave acopy of letter to JC who transfered to kc with us check it out and again i hope everything works out for you and bunch

Here is the latest rumors from the Tulsa Zeledyne Glass Plant:

There is supposed to be a big announcement on December 15th. Rumor is that Pittsburgh Glass Works (PGW) is going to buy Nashville Plant, Mexico Plant, and Tulsa Fabrication operations. Word has it that PGW is going to shut down Tulsa float furnace. PPG has been in Tulsa doing inventory. Due diligence is currently underway. The International is supposed to be very upset by this turn of events, they want some questions answered. Like how did the management in Allen Park run the business into the ground so quickly? Any of you guys in Nashville heard any of this?

:stirpot:

Today's rumor: :stirpot:

After PGW buys Zeledyne they are going to immediately shut down Nashville. Big Announcement may come as early as next Tuesday, December 8th, 2009.

Ok, here is the big question, how is Zeledyne going to get out of this?:

This is a couple of paragraphs from a Letter of Understanding that is part of our contract. The letter is from Robert Price (Owner of Zeledyne) to Bob King.

"...Furthermore, Zeledyne commits to maintain each plant as a viable ongoing facility until at least December 31, 2015. Zeledyne further commits that, in the event of a future sale of plant operations to another Buyer, conditions of such sale will include: recognition of the UAW, hiring of Zeledyne's UAW-represented workers and assumption of the obligation under the UAW-Zeledyne Collective Bargaining Agreement as a successor employer."

:finger::ohsnap:

After PGW buys Zeledyne they are going to immediately shut down Nashville. Big Announcement may come as early as next Tuesday, December 8th, 2009.

This is a couple of paragraphs from a Letter of Understanding that is part of our contract. The letter is from Robert Price (Owner of Zeledyne) to Bob King.

"...Furthermore, Zeledyne commits to maintain each plant as a viable ongoing facility until at least December 31, 2015. Zeledyne further commits that, in the event of a future sale of plant operations to another Buyer, conditions of such sale will include: recognition of the UAW, hiring of Zeledyne's UAW-represented workers and assumption of the obligation under the UAW-Zeledyne Collective Bargaining Agreement as a successor employer."

Very interesting, sounds cut & dry. I wonder if they have a economy clause in there somewhere. ( In small print in the back) I'll contact my friends at Nashville & see what they have heard. Keep us informed if you can.

pgw is now a year old company (spin off of ppg) and already become the main supplier to Daimler AG for all of Mercedes Benz cars and suv. they want to grow this company to become the main supplier in the u. s. auto market. they do run a mean lean company with closing 3 of its nine plants. however just don't believe the nashville plant be closed

if they do buy the zeledyne(ford) operations. if anything this should help the nashville glass operation in my opinion. i guess time will tell

This morning they postponed next Tuesday meeting.

I guess PGW just wants Zeledyne's book of business. That's the latest rumor. They are going to buy the books and then shut Tulsa and Nashville down.

Funny Note:

The Nashville manager is a former PGW executive. His resume says he specializes in union negotiations. He tried to get the union out of the PGW's Evansville plant.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmichelotti

Edited by Bodhibkb

I finally found the answer to my question. I reread our contract and according to article 18 if they close the plant and liquidate the assets they don't have to honor any of the contract. Zeledyne has been getting rid of assets here in Tulsa since the day they took over. :finger:

that's why i didn't sign anything and i'am still a ford employee. too bad yall wanted a revote and voted to sell the glass division. everybody would still be ford employees if there wasn't a revote. your getting what you ask for so quite crying.

that's why i didn't sign anything and i'am still a ford employee. too bad yall wanted a revote and voted to sell the glass division. everybody would still be ford employees if there wasn't a revote. your getting what you ask for so quite crying.

You have to wonder about a re-vote that goes from 90% against ratification to 90% for ratification. It's kind of like a dead fish. The smell just gets worse.