Climategate; ManBearPig dead?

RangerM

Allow me.... bububububububububut ummm,ahh, well see....ahh, ummm

ok listen...ahh, that is...ah...ummm, so if I understand your question correctly, ahhh..you want...ahhh...well, let me see...ummm....ahhh <whispering.."nancy, got that file?">

Can you give me a minute to refute your statement please...ahhh, what? Oh yes, well umm..so do you think polar bears aren't endangered? so do you think polar bears aren't endangered? so do you think polar bears aren't endangered? so do you think polar bears aren't endangered?

Well many scientist who do this for a living will testify that you are wrong mister, the polar bears are dying..and..<there's more now then ever?? can they prove it?> So as I was saying we must stop MMGW now before the earth explodes in flames by the end of the year.

so do you think polar bears aren't endangered?

We have to wait till next year when the polar bear census is done!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climate change data dumped

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

Roger Pielke, professor of environmental studies at Colorado University, discovered data had been lost when he asked for original records. “The CRU is basically saying, ‘Trust us’. So much for settling questions and resolving debates with science,” he said.
Edited by TomServo92

(WSJ) Climategate: Follow the Money

Last year, ExxonMobil donated $7 million to a grab-bag of public policy institutes, including the Aspen Institute, the Asia Society and Transparency International. It also gave a combined $125,000 to the Heritage Institute and the National Center for Policy Analysis, two conservative think tanks that have offered dissenting views on what until recently was called—without irony—the climate change "consensus."

To read some of the press accounts of these gifts—amounting to about 0.00027% of Exxon's 2008 profits of $45 billion—you might think you'd hit upon the scandal of the age.....

....Climategate, as readers of these pages know, concerns some of the world's leading climate scientists working in tandem to block freedom of information requests, blackball dissenting scientists, manipulate the peer-review process, and obscure, destroy or massage inconvenient temperature data—facts that were laid bare by last week's disclosure of thousands of emails from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit, or CRU.

But the deeper question is why the scientists behaved this way to begin with, especially since the science behind man-made global warming is said to be firmly settled. To answer the question, it helps to turn the alarmists' follow-the-money methods right back at them.

Consider the case of Phil Jones, the director of the CRU and the man at the heart of climategate. According to one of the documents hacked from his center, between 2000 and 2006 Mr. Jones was the recipient (or co-recipient) of some $19 million worth of research grants, a sixfold increase over what he'd been awarded in the 1990s....

....In the U.S., the House intends to spend $1.3 billion on NASA's climate efforts, $400 million on NOAA's, and another $300 million for the National Science Foundation.......

--More at link above---

I know that Global Warming is one big scam. I have been giving some thought to the problem of Peak Oil. Maybe this is not a scam. The consequenses are unthinkable. The way to combat Peak Oil would be the same as what we are doing to combat the myth of Global Warming. If Al Gore were to substitute the words Peak Oil for Global Warming, there would be worldwide panic. I can't see a level-headed man like Stephen Harper going along with this bullshit. There has to be something more to it.

I had to turn off the radio today. 95.7 news radio in Halifax has gone in the last 3 years from somewhat biased but tolerable to sickening. If it's right wing it's ridiculed, if it's about the conservatives or more to the point Harper, it's a trashfest.

They give open mike time to GW alarmist and let them rant on without challenging ANYTHING! Once they had a MMGW dissident, a terrible world hating dispicable man who actually tried to mention that the whole thing should be opened up to closer scutiny. After repeatedly cutting him off and disputing everything he said (this was an anchor arguing with a scientist mind you) he gave an abrupt "thank you" hung up on him them made a few off hand comments like you would say under your breath then changed the subject.

The guy today said the "deniers" are going around making money my speaking at events and other things which is a terrible thing to do. (and I thought..ahh..al gore???) He said some of the denier scientist aren't even climatologists just regular scientists(again..the GW alarmist aren't doing this??)

And of course anybody who is denying GW is obviously being paid off by big oil. Every single person who has denied GW has been proven to be on a payroll somewhere. (I deny it..I guess he means my army paycheck??)

This whole thing is way beyond stupid, if anybody told me this intake manifold will give 300hp I would say let me test it. If they wouldn't let me I would be scepticle, a denier if you will.

If I saw evidence where someone took a 1300hp engine and bolted on a 2bbl intake and carb and got 1000hp then replaced it with "this" intake and "gained 300hp" which "PROVED" this intake was worth 300hp I would then call foul and be even MORE sceptical and be an even bigger "denier"!

Talk to Bruce Fulper who is a pontiac guru and owns&operates rock and roll engineering (google it) He wrote some articles for hotrod/carcraft etc. He was pissed because of "editting" which was done to show advertisers parts doing what they claimed eventhough there were mitigating circumstances to get that to happen. His biggest bitch was a comment they claimed was his about "this cam was worth 100hp".

Yes it was, when it was combined with better heads/induction and headers that suited it. The way it was stated in a little box beside his picture holding a camshaft though let readers "guess" what his real meaning was.

SHOW ME THE DATA! THAT should be the cry, not we must do this now or the world blows up at midnight unless we sign this without reading it.

There is no doubt bullshit on both sides, but unless the alarmist will show how they got what they did (and not with computor projections) I say we DENY!

The people of Nova Scotia just elected the NDP to run the province. This is the result of government meddling in peoples' lives. By pouring money into the province to keep people from leaving, they have created a society of lefties. When I left Nova Scotia 43 years ago, it was far different.

The NDP are a far left, virtually Communist party. If you believe in Communism, you probably believe in Global Warming.

I know that Global Warming is one big scam. I have been giving some thought to the problem of Peak Oil. Maybe this is not a scam. The consequenses are unthinkable. The way to combat Peak Oil would be the same as what we are doing to combat the myth of Global Warming. If Al Gore were to substitute the words Peak Oil for Global Warming, there would be worldwide panic. I can't see a level-headed man like Stephen Harper going along with this bullshit. There has to be something more to it.

Perhaps this George Will column will help your anxiety.

I can see where the communists would love to promote a false crisis to consolidate their power, but if peak oil happens, communists will all die. Only the individuals who know how to fend for themselves will survive. Canadian oil sands will not save us. We need over 80 million barrels of oil per day. This amount is increasing exponentially, and our production capacity is decreasing exponentially. When we become unable to produce at the rate that we are using, everything shuts down. It does not matter if there is a trillion barrels of oil in the ground. We need to get it out and processed. Canadian tar sands delivers 1.25 million barrels a day. In a few years, it may be over 2 million. We will need 90 million barrels a day by then. We are just fine right now because the tsunami hasn't hit yet. It will happen all of the sudden. Everything will suddenly shut down. There will be no fuel for cars. People will not be able to get to work. Electricity will go off for good. There will be no food in the stores. There will be no communication, so nobody will know how widespread the problem is. Chaos and descent into Hell will follow. The city will be the last place you want to be, unless you are a predator, and not prey. If you have a place outside of civilization, and the means of living off the land, you could survive.

The people of Nova Scotia just elected the NDP to run the province. This is the result of government meddling in peoples' lives. By pouring money into the province to keep people from leaving, they have created a society of lefties. When I left Nova Scotia 43 years ago, it was far different.

The NDP are a far left, virtually Communist party. If you believe in Communism, you probably believe in Global Warming.

KA-FU^%&ING BOOM! RIGHT ON TARGET!

In fact, NS is running point on this, but all the maritimes are involved. Why do you think they keep voting either;

a)liberal/ndp or

B) in their best interest(conserv) because they know they will get more if they vote for the ones who will be in power. The only more blatent sign of this is quebec who shift like the wind depending on who's in power.

I think you may be overanxious on this one, Trim.

People have been predicting doom for years, and it hasn't happened yet, nor is it likely. Necessity is the mother of invention.

If you do the math, we could be short of oil in less than a decade. There is not enough time to head this off. The only solution is a reduction in the world's population. We can either let nature do it, or go to war.

We now need over 80 million barrels of oil per day globally. Next year, we will need 3% more, or around 83 million barrels per day. The following year, close to 86 million barrels; then 89, then 93, and so on. How much oil could we produce if we pulled out all of the stops? Maybe 100 million barrels per day? Next year, 3% less, 97 million. Some experts say that our capacity is decreasing by 7% per year. Within a few years we will be producing less than we need, looking at the math. US oil production peaked over 30 years ago, and they have been importing more and more oil each year ever since. Efforts at replacing oil have been feeble. They have been mere political exercises to placate the people. Any serious plan to replace oil with nuclear power or hydrogen or fusion would require massive infrastructure and take decades. I don't see that happening. We are just hoping and praying and tilting at windmills.

I'll agree that our resources of "light sweet crude" (the easy to extract stuff) are dwindling, but the price point is coming up to the point where the heavier stuff is more economical. As the technology improves, so the price of production will fall.

I'd agree that we'll likely never see gas at less than $1.50 again, but I'll have to disagree that we are about to run out. If we run out, it's because we stopped pumping/exploring. There is a whole lot more there than we know.

I'll agree that our resources of "light sweet crude" (the easy to extract stuff) are dwindling, but the price point is coming up to the point where the heavier stuff is more economical. As the technology improves, so the price of production will fall.

I'd agree that we'll likely never see gas at less than $1.50 again, but I'll have to disagree that we are about to run out. If we run out, it's because we stopped pumping/exploring. There is a whole lot more there than we know.

Using the latest technology, they are finding that many of the depleted fields actually have more oil. There are some fields around here that are being reopened.

Have there actually been any changes of opinion on this topic?

If you were a warmer and have now seen the light, chime in... I doubt we will hear that bell being rung...

There hasn't been any change because NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!

I've talked to several "news following" people recently and NOBODY heard of the cru story. NOBODY!

I was taken back a bit and asked them if they had heard of climategate? "nope"

Nothing will change, people will go on believing in MMGW and eventually when all this has blown over the GW freaks will restart their efforts to control again...unless people hear the truth.

I get quite vocal about crap like this..I've converted many import drivers to try a ford and many have bought and are happy. Now I'll set my sights on the MMGW clueless too.

TELL SOMEBODY!! Say, google climategate if nothing else.

There hasn't been any change because NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!

I've talked to several "news following" people recently and NOBODY heard of the cru story. NOBODY!

I was taken back a bit and asked them if they had heard of climategate? "nope"

Nothing will change, people will go on believing in MMGW and eventually when all this has blown over the GW freaks will restart their efforts to control again...unless people hear the truth.

I get quite vocal about crap like this..I've converted many import drivers to try a ford and many have bought and are happy. Now I'll set my sights on the MMGW clueless too.

TELL SOMEBODY!! Say, google climategate if nothing else.

Day Fourteen and Counting: Major U.S. Networks Still Silent...

Using the latest technology, they are finding that many of the depleted fields actually have more oil. There are some fields around here that are being reopened.

They are sucking at the edges. Some say that the Saudis have over-stated their reserves. We have to pump harder to get the same amount of oil. That means that we have to use more oil to get oil. The demand for oil keeps rising as the population increases and countries like China become more industrialized. At the same time, productive capacity decreases at a steady rate.

Of course, as oil becomes scarce, the price will rise. We still need it, no matter what the price. Either way, civilization will shut down. Back in the early seventies, there was a temporary oil shortfall of 5%. It was pandemonium. Gas stations went dry. Line-ups were everywhere. Imagine a permanent 5% shortfall, increasing with time. People would not get to work. If they did, there would be nothing to manufacture. Nobody would be buying cars. Everything would be rationed, and there would be martial law. People would riot as they became hungry, and overthrow the government. The military would probably side with the people. As the structure of civilization deteriorated, the electrical grid would go down. There would be no way to get enough food to the masses in the cities. It would be every man for himself. There would be no relief from other nations, because they would all be in the same predicament. It would be Dark Ages II.

In the Messiah's pocket? Excuse me? How are they in the Messiah's pocket? Perhaps you speak of a different Messiah than I think of.

There has been a scandal going on now for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Some real under handed manipulation of data from the science crowd that supports the climent chage agenda. They have made public emails from the leadership of these science groupd showing they are omitting or fundging the warming trends.

My statement pertains to the fact that anyone who checks the daily feeds from more than one news service can plainly see the MSM is not reporting. There has to be a reason why. The only one that I see is they are supporting the O-Admin. because the O-admin wants the Cap and tax to go through. It is obvious the bill isn't to clean up the earth. Rather, some stand to litterally to make billions if it is passed and it will cost the job of millions in the industrialized midwest.

It was made very clear as well over the Acorn scandal as well. After three weeks or so they finally made mention in thier news cast but quickly dropped it. It isn't hard to see.

Edited by mikem12

They are sucking at the edges. Some say that the Saudis have over-stated their reserves. We have to pump harder to get the same amount of oil. That means that we have to use more oil to get oil. The demand for oil keeps rising as the population increases and countries like China become more industrialized. At the same time, productive capacity decreases at a steady rate.

Using your own intuition Trim, which would benefit the Saudis more.....

1. Overstating their own reserves?; or

2. Allowing others to believe their reserves are depleted or are overstated?

Using your own intuition Trim, which would benefit the Saudis more.....

1. Overstating their own reserves?; or

2. Allowing others to believe their reserves are depleted or are overstated?

If others believed that they had less oil than they do, it would cause the price to rise, which would seem to make sense for them to do. However, this would also hurt their ability to borrow, using oil in the ground as collateral. For that, they would want to exaggerate their reserves. Another reason for them to want the world to believe that there is adequate oil reserves would be to prevent a World War over oil. They would be right in the middle of it.