mtp may start hiring off the street

ypsirat

heard the truck plant may be hiring off the street. has anyone heard these rumors? if so i have a question.

Came off ilo as a tool & die maker to work production at dtp. i am classified as a temp with the lowest senority in the plant. my questions are: 1. If these jobs come up for bid are we (the temp workers) allowed to bid on theses jobs even if no one is layed off from dtp? 2. Seeing that we are temp workers what seniority will they classify us as (production seniority or our original trade seniority)? Hired off the street as tradesmen so i dont have any production time to revert back to.

How long are you willing to wait to get a chance on a job?

Let's see we combined two plants into one and now need MORE people??

Don't believe everything you hear!!

Your right about believing everything you hear, just passing it along. And as far as waiting for a job, I'm working as a temp. at map.

Your right about believing everything you hear, just passing it along. And as far as waiting for a job, I'm working as a temp. at map.

i know a tradesmen at truck that was getting relatives ssn to turn into hr. thought i would post here to see if it was true or not.

heard the truck plant may be hiring off the street. has anyone heard these rumors? if so i have a question.

Came off ilo as a tool & die maker to work production at dtp. i am classified as a temp with the lowest senority in the plant. my questions are: 1. If these jobs come up for bid are we (the temp workers) allowed to bid on theses jobs even if no one is layed off from dtp? 2. Seeing that we are temp workers what seniority will they classify us as (production seniority or our original trade seniority)? Hired off the street as tradesmen so i dont have any production time to revert back to.

yup, there's lots of unemployed people here in detroit looking for work.

i thought the people that were displaced from MTP to DTP had first recall rights. Not Temps or new hires.

You have recall rights to mtp and that plant doesnt exsist any more you have no recall rights to MAP its a new plant!!!!!!!!!!When are people going to understand there is no more MTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have recall rights to mtp and that plant doesnt exsist any more you have no recall rights to MAP its a new plant!!!!!!!!!!When are people going to understand there is no more MTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sure about that? Because some people exercised their right to bump into Wayne and displace Wayne members, so yes there is at least 400 that have RTBU to wayne!!

MTP, as a mere name, doesn't exist, but the building, which remains a final assembly plant, certainly does. I expect, hope, that those of us who hired into Ford as MTP employees will get a shot at going back. I spent 11 years there, and still consider that plant, whether it builds trucks, cars or mopeds, as my home plant. The last 2 years at DTP have been trying, to say the least. Show me the way to go home.

The Focus is moving to what was MTP.. Wayne ISA/Assy employees will follow their product next door. Im one of the people recently displaced from ISA because of the absorption of MTP employees and am on temp loan to DTP, when MAP is up and running I better be called back before anyone gets hired off the streets..

The Focus is moving to what was MTP.. Wayne ISA/Assy employees will follow their product next door. Im one of the people recently displaced from ISA because of the absorption of MTP employees and am on temp loan to DTP, when MAP is up and running I better be called back before anyone gets hired off the streets..

Your negotiating team already gave away your recall rights so where you are right now ,only in this instance, you have no rights to return to map call bob king he did it sorry

You sure about that? Because some people exercised their right to bump into Wayne and displace Wayne members, so yes there is at least 400 that have RTBU to wayne!!

even though in all actuality the plant is really only re-tooling for a new product, the powers that be have deemed it as a "new" plant for political reasons, therefore changing the plant code, so comes the question...if its not 224 code, do you have recall rights?? or can they bring in new hires if no one in the zone of region 1 and 1A are not on ILO but are placed in plants off temp postings? So if you transfered to WAP, which is closing soon supposedly and the new plant named MAP is just that.."new"..hmmmm........ by the way, heard that IUAW shot down their concessionary agreement on their own personal contract they have, which is over and above, as well as superior to ours...where is leading by example Cap 723? You mean they dont want to give more either??????????????? You're right ..lets not blame the ones that tried to shove the garbage down our throats right before the 1 billion profit announcement, and now they are taking no cuts, nor cutting anyone off staff...i have to finally agree with the majority on this site that is asking you to take your ass sucking, Bob King loving, under the desk at solidarity house punk ass off this site, this is for true Union Brothers and Sisters only. The ones that stand for the truth! Tell Bob that tommorow!!

Edited by biggtone

even though in all actuality the plant is really only re-tooling for a new product, the powers that be have deemed it as a "new" plant for political reasons, therefore changing the plant code, so comes the question...if its not 224 code, do you have recall rights?? or can they bring in new hires if no one in the zone of region 1 and 1A are not on ILO but are placed in plants off temp postings? So if you transfered to WAP, which is closing soon supposedly and the new plant named MAP is just that.."new"..hmmmm, by the way, heard that IUAW shot down their concessionary agreement on their own personal contract they have which is over and above, as well as superior to ours...where is leading by example Cap? You mean they dont want to give either???????????????

WOW....I don't know how many times I have said the IUAW will take the same concessions that GM took. GM workers took a 15-17k pay cut, so will they. I heard it was turned down because of lay-off of senior members while temp workers remain, not anything to do with wages or benefits!! So quit making shit up!! Do you want answers or do you want to fight?? I think there has been enough fighting around here lately, but I am good with whatever, especially after a few more glasses of wine!

WOW....I don't know how many times I have said the IUAW will take the same concessions that GM took. GM workers took a 15-17k pay cut, so will they. I heard it was turned down because of lay-off of senior members while temp workers remain, not anything to do with wages or benefits!! So quit making shit up!! Do you want answers or do you want to fight?? I think there has been enough fighting around here lately, but I am good with whatever, especially after a few more glasses of wine!

ok...so they didnt want to give up the concession of getting their car insurance paid for...or their COLA that gets rolled into their 2nd pension that is over what we that bust ass on the line get, or that they dont pay co-pay on doctor visits...they are so superior to the worker that busts his ass daily..but hey..i am debating with one of them now...so whats good for me is not good for you. The people know the truth, i dont have to debate with a sorry ass like you, you praised these concessions in former posts that the membership stood up and shot down, and embarrassed all the sell outs like yourself that came into our plants trying to sell this garbage for your own personal gains, guess what...Ford will show another huge profit again next quarter off our backs again...while they take no concessions, just like you IUAW sell outs, the vote shows times are going to change, we are coming full circle and UAW sell outs like you will only be talked about in the history books under the title " battle of the overpass 2"

ok...so they didnt want to give up the concession of getting their car insurance paid for...or their COLA that gets rolled into their 2nd pension that is over what we that bust ass on the line get, or that they dont pay co-pay on doctor visits...they are so superior to the worker that busts his ass daily..but hey..i am debating with one of them now...so whats good for me is not good for you. The people know the truth, i dont have to debate with a sorry ass like you, you praised these concessions in former posts that the membership stood up and shot down, and embarrassed all the sell outs like yourself that came into our plants trying to sell this garbage for your own personal gains, guess what...Ford will show another huge profit again next quarter off our backs again...while they take no concessions, just like you IUAW sell outs, the vote shows times are going to change, we are coming full circle and UAW sell outs like you will only be talked about in the history books under the title " battle of the overpass 2"

FK you, you obviously don't know me! I said that I heard the issue was laying off permanent members and keeping temps working! Can't you read dumbass, it was nothing to do with cut in benefits or wages! Get your answers from someone else!

Had to clean up it is thanksgiving!

Edited by Captain723

FK you, you obviously don't know me! I said that I heard the issue was laying off permanent members and keeping temps working! Can't you read dumbass, it was nothing to do with cut in benefits or wages! Get your answers from someone else!

Had to clean up it is thanksgiving!

No debate needed here , past posts show people know who you are and what you are about. My only regret is I wish I had you in front of me because I promise when it was over you would know the meaning of respect. Let that happen one time mouth...please...let that happen

No debate needed here , past posts show people know who you are and what you are about. My only regret is I wish I had you in front of me because I promise when it was over you would know the meaning of respect. Let that happen one time mouth...please...let that happen

:hysterical: YES BECAUSE i WOULD BE CALLING YOU MY BEEATCH AND YOU WOULD RESPECT YOUR ELDERS! :flexing:

Edited by Captain723

This guy knows the two system and how sub is generated, has no respect for the hourly workforce, many of his posts are against the hourly workforce in general..I believe this guy is salary. No one babbles about benefits, how they work, payroll, sub, and so on unless he is salaried or under someone's desk. So if he is salary, why does this Capt. bother. He is constantly pissing and moaning about what the U.A.W. has.

This guy knows the two system and how sub is generated, has no respect for the hourly workforce, many of his posts are against the hourly workforce in general..I believe this guy is salary. No one babbles about benefits, how they work, payroll, sub, and so on unless he is salaried or under someone's desk. So if he is salary, why does this Capt. bother. He is constantly pissing and moaning about what the U.A.W. has.

You have been a member of BON long enough to know I am no salaried person. Again, pisses me off when people talk bad about the UAW in any fashion! :shades: