Call from Proudction Management AAI

skeptic

About 1 hour ago received a recorded call from AAI Production Management .It cut off before any messege was given .Does anyone know what this was about?

The message stated that we are laid off at AAI for the week of December 7th due to a part shortage; it also stated that if you are salaried, skilled trade, or in PDI then you should still report to work at the usual time and shift.

What with all the rumors about one shift last week I wonder how true the part shortage story is.

A co-worker just called me saying he got a call that said "no production" for week of 12/07/2009 due to a part problem. I have not received a call yet. So who knows. There was a phone number to call which which he is going e-mail me and I will post it when I get it. Great X-mas present......HOHOHO

The message said to call this number for more info. 1-866-454-0787. I called it and it said what the other post said. Salariad, skilled trades & PDI should report at normal times

Has anyone who has worked at AAI ever got this message before? I have only worked there as a temp. for a couple months, how do we know this message is legit? I'm just trying to cover my ass.

Has anyone who has worked at AAI ever got this message before? I have only worked there as a temp. for a couple months, how do we know this message is legit? I'm just trying to cover my ass.

Yes, This is routine for AAI.

I only worked there for 8 months and they called me 3 different times with automated instructions.

One of the very few things that I actually liked about that place.

The plant wanted to turn a part shortage into a layoff situation instead of a short work week. The union busted them on it. It's cheaper for the company to have us collect unemployment, it's already paid into the fund, but if we do a short work week, it comes right out of their pocket now. We might be shorthanded tomorrow, some people took off on vacation when they heard we were off. The union said it's possible we might have to work on Friday, Dec. 18 to make up for today. They will let us know by the end of the week. Leave it to our plant to make the wrong decision every time! At least they won't be able to "forget" to file for our sub pay this time.

The plant wanted to turn a part shortage into a layoff situation instead of a short work week. The union busted them on it. It's cheaper for the company to have us collect unemployment, it's already paid into the fund, but if we do a short work week, it comes right out of their pocket now. We might be shorthanded tomorrow, some people took off on vacation when they heard we were off. The union said it's possible we might have to work on Friday, Dec. 18 to make up for today. They will let us know by the end of the week. Leave it to our plant to make the wrong decision every time! At least they won't be able to "forget" to file for our sub pay this time.

If we have to work on Friday is that OT or will they take all of Monday's SWW??

Yes, Jerrymaker they are nuts! If we work 10.7 Tue-Wed-Thr, then that subtracts 2.1 hours from our 8 hours(10 hrs x 80%) short work week on Monday. We work overtime but get no time and a half! The union said they can't ask us to work this Friday because they have to ask us 1 week before, and they only had 4 days, so the following Friday, the 18th would be our make up day. I don't know if it will actually happen, but I guess we'll see.