Does your plant use time clocks ?

Of course!

From now on I'll take my time to get the line back up and running, since Ford obviously makes more money when the line's stopped and there's 30 people standing around and waiting while I'm off on a part "scavenger hunt" while I'm being "kept busy". When they have to wait "15 minutes" instead of "15 seconds" for me to get to the breakdown, Ford should be REALLY making money hand over fist then...

This would be the scene....

:runaway: :shrug: :runaway::cry::runaway:

Curious, is "Butthead" a given name, or did you choose it for yourself? :doh:

That would be a grown up way of handling things. That'll really show them. Then as usual the rest of us can listen laughingly as the trades whine about outsourcing come contract time. I don't see where he's wrong in what he says, it is wrong to steal from the company, and leaving early is stealing, and you know it. It is no secret corporate wide that this offense takes place most frequently amongst the trades, at the most over the weekends, which is big time theft, grand theft. Further, this selfishness is costing alot of good tradesman the opportunity to work weekends, ultimately hurting all of us due to lack of production. Butthead is right, with things the way they are right now, all of this stuff needs to stop.

That would be a grown up way of handling things. That'll really show them. Then as usual the rest of us can listen laughingly as the trades whine about outsourcing come contract time. I don't see where he's wrong in what he says, it is wrong to steal from the company, and leaving early is stealing, and you know it. It is no secret corporate wide that this offense takes place most frequently amongst the trades, at the most over the weekends, which is big time theft, grand theft. Further, this selfishness is costing alot of good tradesman the opportunity to work weekends, ultimately hurting all of us due to lack of production. Butthead is right, with things the way they are right now, all of this stuff needs to stop.

Ummm....note the User Title "Sarcastic Bastard". Didn't think that Cliff Notes were needed. :doh:

Management is not as dumb as you think. They see who the slackers and rip offs are and when it time comes time, pay backs are a bitch like( trying to change your mind on a weekend survey because a change of plans or you get left of the OT list on a holiday or forget to turn in your conversion slip). A true tradesperson would be on that line watching how things are running and trying to make things as great as possible for the production people, NOT sleeping in the crib waiting for a supervisor to wake them up for a break down or in a different dept. Bullshiting with a buddy.

We lost 1/3 of the people in our classification and we still cover production and do PM sheets. No were not nuts We do it for the people on the line and to try and save this Co. from getting flushed down the drain. One of the reasons (not THE reason) there offering these buyouts is to get rid of the slackers and the overstocked liabilities sitting on the shelf.

Why arn't more trades signing up for buyouts? Because they think they have everyone fooled at Ford and couldn't make it on the outside. Well let me tell you that this country club is going to change and their going to make life real hard on your ass and your going to retire or get disaplined out of the system. If your a slacker take the buyout its the best your going to get.

There is allways something you could be doing besides sitting on your lazy ass getting stiff and fat. Get up and do something!

Ummm....note the User Title "Sarcastic Bastard". Didn't think that Cliff Notes were needed. :doh:

Certainly doesn't seem like a time for sarcasm, not to the thousands that are losing their jobs. People like yourself that think everything is a big joke don't help, no matter how "funny" YOU think you are. I wonder how the tradesmen at the closing plants feel after reading about how little you respect the job that you are fortunate enough to be keeping. You sir, are a class act.

Certainly doesn't seem like a time for sarcasm, not to the thousands that are losing their jobs. People like yourself that think everything is a big joke don't help, no matter how "funny" YOU think you are. I wonder how the tradesmen at the closing plants feel after reading about how little you respect the job that you are fortunate enough to be keeping. You sir, are a class act.

You don't know me, or what I care for. And personally I don't give a flying fuck what you think.

How's that grab ya, asshat?

And PS. Just so there's no confusion in that pea you call a brain.

That wasn't sarcasm.

I feel for the guys at the other plants. We are going to get offered some buyouts as well. I am pretty low on the seniority list, and I am not too sure how it will turn out for me. I do know one thing. I worked somewhere before Ford, I'll work somewhere after Ford. We have slackers in our shop, some young, some old. The shame of it all is that the guys who are always gone screwing off, or the ones who just don't do a damn thing are in the middle of the pack. Management isn't going to look at how far behind we are in work orders and come to the conclusion we need a Saturday to catch up, they are going to look at the guy sleeping all day in the shop, or the guy on the cellphone running his company while he is on Ford time. They will believe that there isn't enough work to keep 14 electricians working and decide that they only need 12. I am not saying that the guy with more time needs to lose his job, just start doing it. Might ease the pain for me to know that I lost my job for other reasons, not one of my own union brothers taking advantage of a broke dick system. I am not making this reference to anybody posting on this topic. I believe all of us know and see the crap being pulled every day in our plants. I wonder how many others are going to lose thier jobs on this site because of the same thing. I hope I don't. But I'm not betting on my trade or skills to save my job.

You don't know me, or what I care for. And personally I don't give a flying fuck what you think.

How's that grab ya, asshat?

And PS. Just so there's no confusion in that pea you call a brain.

That wasn't sarcasm.

No, I don't know you, just read how you try to act like your some kind of big shit on this board. A no-it-all smart ass. What you have there sparky is a serious case of what they call PENIS ENVY. So misplaced and outmanned in your everyday life that you turn to your computer to tell all of us what a man you are, how you do this and do that all the while saying fuck the world. What you really are is a pathetic little pussy, who needs a computer to feel like a man. Your just the type of person that contributes to plants closings, and you certainly have nothing to be proud of for that. A legend in your own mind, eh tough guy!

No, I don't know you, just read how you try to act like your some kind of big shit on this board. A no-it-all smart ass. What you have there sparky is a serious case of what they call PENIS ENVY. So misplaced and outmanned in your everyday life that you turn to your computer to tell all of us what a man you are, how you do this and do that all the while saying fuck the world. What you really are is a pathetic little pussy, who needs a computer to feel like a man. Your just the type of person that contributes to plants closings, and you certainly have nothing to be proud of for that. A legend in your own mind, eh tough guy!

Like I said, you don't know me. I'm for the most part a very conscientious worker, come to work every day, do my job.

I just don't go around pointing fingers at other people; I worry about what I do, not about what other people do or what they're not doing.

Penis envy? That's funny coming from someone with one lodged in his throat. wave-finger.gif

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Like I said, you don't know me. I'm for the most part a very conscientious worker, come to work every day, do my job.

I just don't go around pointing fingers at other people; I worry about what I do, not about what other people do or what they're not doing.

Penis envy? That's funny coming from someone with one lodged in his throat. wave-finger.gif

When the actions of some are hurting the livelihood of others, they have a right to bitch. You of all people should know that, being Mr. Oakville and all. If you only worried about what you did, then you wouldn't be posting on this board now would you? Your just whining a little cause you've been called on the bullshit you sling. As for the throat thing, is that the best you can come up with? Your wife could do better than that. Bye the way, that picture is stupid, and childish, grow up.

When the actions of some are hurting the livelihood of others, they have a right to bitch. You of all people should know that, being Mr. Oakville and all. If you only worried about what you did, then you wouldn't be posting on this board now would you? Your just whining a little cause you've been called on the bullshit you sling. As for the throat thing, is that the best you can come up with? Your wife could do better than that. Bye the way, that picture is stupid, and childish, grow up.

For fuck's sake, use a spellchecker or something if you want to try to come off as an intellectual, my kid in grade 3 has better skills than you. That's why I posted a childish pic, it's something you can relate to.

As far as my wife is concerned, she's happy. Like yours would be with a real man. Or a woman. Or a strap on.

After reading all of this shit, you guys are killing me!

Do you really believe that trades are the reason Ford is losing money? Come on. If Ford had real designers, we would be working our asses off. But until then, lets just blame trades. It's not like whenever a line goes down, that all of production just sits and wait like they are in a panic mode. :runaway: Here in a parts plant, there would be no way in hell we could sit by the "many lines" and wait for them to go down. Oh, and when they started the shit with having a req. signed just to get "anything" out of the crib, that was real brilliant. Now the line sits while we go and get a $.05 fuse to be replaced. But first, we have to find the boss to get the req. signed. Where is he??????

Yea, trades is the whole downfall in the plants. Find an outside company that can work on the many different pieces of equipment with the many different processors. TRY to find one. and then see what they'll charge to do it. HAHAHAHAHA. It would be very un-economical to do it.

Just curious, just what do you expect the trades to be doing while the lines are running fine? Let's see just how much sense comes from this question!! :shrug:

I never said the trades are the whole problem with this company. We are building cars that people are not buying, I said that in another post. A great many of our supervisors are a bunch of incompitent boobs. That parts from stores with a supervisors signature is a huge joke. I am not sure how FPS is working at your plant, but it is failing miserably at ours. And we have fired or forced retirement on almost all of our senoir engineers who know how to design cars. But one thing we can take care of is how we are percieved around the pland as skilled trades. And I am not saying that you or anyone on this post are guilty of it, but there are certain people in my plant, and by the sounds of it other plants, that just don't think it is necessary for then to stay on sight, or stay awake. I know alot of people who thing that it is ok to sleep, IN THE OPEN, while on the clock. When plant managers see this, or outside engineers, what do you think happens? Nothing good. We can control how we are viewed in the plant. Hopefully we will start soon. I am not sure about your plants, but at our prototype plant, Ford Land is a huge presence, too big of a presence. I know nothing good can come from that.

Nothing ever good comes from being caught. But, you will never clear the bad name that trades has for it. It happens and will continue to happen. Even if there is only 1 person, it will strike the bad name. Sleeping in the open is only asking for problems.

There are times that management comes through to see trades reading papers or mags and they make them get rid of them. What are they to do while waiting for a breakdown? Wonder away so the boss has no idea where his people are and the lines are down for longer? Yep, they are making money while they are doing nothing. Better some trades doing nothing than a whole line doing nothing and no parts getting out. FPS? What's that? We only have half brained people making decisions here and hardly any parts on hand. If they are on hand--in plant, they will be in stores because it is an expense to keep them in cabinets in the maint. area.

For fuck's sake, use a spellchecker or something if you want to try to come off as an intellectual, my kid in grade 3 has better skills than you. That's why I posted a childish pic, it's something you can relate to.

As far as my wife is concerned, she's happy. Like yours would be with a real man. Or a woman. Or a strap on.

Sparky, the great intellectual!! :blah:

Thje last Chrysler plant I worked in you don't get in or out without swiping the card.

And all the calls for trades people are recorded on the computer and nobody sits around reading the

paper when the line is running.

And when I work there I don't need an electrician following me around.

Edited by Bluecon

A few of the things we were doing when the line was running was ordering our parts and supplies etc. to have them accessible for when the need was there. We all had our own SFR passwords.

Until someone (ie ONE person) in another area ordered too many weld electrodes and they squashed ALL of the passwords. Kinda like punishing all of your kids for something one kid does. Now when an operator has a bulb burnt out, it's a two day wait.

Personally, it doesn't matter to do some things while the line runs, it makes the day go faster. What bothers me is forgoing real PMs for only visual ones. Certain things do not get caught looking on from 10 feet away.

And time clocks? They don't bother me either.

Sparky, the great intellectual!! :blah:
I never claimed to be one. What I said is that if you want to try to come off as one, at least try to write like you graduated grade school.
And when I work there I don't need an electrician following me around.
I almost never follow contractors around. I'm usually put to work doing something more important than being a babysitter. Edited by OAC_Sparky

If that were the case, your child prodigy would have clearly told you that you need not use an apostrophe when using the word fuck in the manner in which you just did. I have not posted on here for long, but it became very obvious early on that if one were going to challenge the grammatical skills of another they best use correct spellings themselves, which you clearly struggle with. So, as for your spellchecker reference, well, you can put that directly where the majority of your other selfish ramblings come from, and I think you know exactly where that is, oh Mr. know-it-all of the Canadian auto world.

Are you still yapping on?

"Fuck's sake", as in "the sake of fuck". Apostrophe denoting possesion. You're the last person here who should be correcting grammar. At least you spelled "know it all" correctly this time, not like 8 posts ago when it was "no it all".

Go give it a rest, we're past you now.

Yesterday was that'a'way.

<<<<<<

Are you still yapping on?

"Fuck's sake", as in "the sake of fuck". Apostrophe denoting possesion. You're the last person here who should be correcting grammar. At least you spelled "know it all" correctly this time, not like 8 posts ago when it was "no it all".

Go give it a rest, we're past you now.

Yesterday was that'a'way.

<<<<<<

I was gonna mention that I was bored with your pathetic self as well, and you are very incorrect in your grammatical commentary, regardless of the obvious fact that you are not speaking from knowledge that you posess but from an internet source. Either way, I think the misleading and misguided info that you try to pass along to these people is nothing but pure bullshit. You know it, I know it. I guess if it makes you feel that important, go for it. It sure seems like most people find you to be full of shit though.

I was gonna mention that I was bored with your pathetic self as well, and you are very incorrect in your grammatical commentary, regardless of the obvious fact that you are not speaking from knowledge that you posess but from an internet source. Either way, I think the misleading and misguided info that you try to pass along to these people is nothing but pure bullshit. You know it, I know it. I guess if it makes you feel that important, go for it. It sure seems like most people find you to be full of shit though.

Asshat,

"For fuck's sake" is not different than "for Pete's sake". I don't know what internet source you're accusing me of using, but for someone out of high school I get by just fine.

What exactly do you do to help people here?

Helping customers here? http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?showforum=80

Because I have and haven't seen you.

Here? http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3740

Or how about...

i just want to thank you for your persistance i noticed that tropicial said no warrantiable issues but on our reciepts it said faulty valve stems so we called the ford line and told them there was a conflict they looked into it and after all is said and done the have agreed to replace all the tires we bought and replace 1 bad rim
ie. Customer I helped get an issue fixed that they denied under warranty.

There's about 10-15 others I can quote.

Some people talk a lot, like you. Other people stand around and point fingers at others and bitch and complain at what they THINK others don't do.

You don't like my sarcasm? Too fucking bad, chief. I don't act any different here than I do at work. I'll call it as I see it.

Maybe you should take a lesson, shut the fuck up and actually help instead of yapping about it.

If that were the case, your child prodigy would have clearly told you that you need not use an apostrophe when using the word fuck in the manner in which you just did. I have not posted on here for long, but it became very obvious early on that if one were going to challenge the grammatical skills of another they best use correct spellings themselves, which you clearly struggle with. So, as for your spellchecker reference, well, you can put that directly where the majority of your other selfish ramblings come from, and I think you know exactly where that is, oh Mr. know-it-all of the Canadian auto world.

OAC Sparky is 1 person and after reading some of his posts here I am offended that you would catergorize all Canadian Auto Workers alongside him.

OAC Sparky is 1 person and after reading some of his posts here I am offended that you would catergorize all Canadian Auto Workers alongside him.
This 1 person is working to try to get people like you on layoff back to work. But I'll keep you in my thoughts, "brother". :rolleyes: