Removing a Chairman

cecilmeyer

A Chairman???? not sure you can remove a chairman. Never happen!

Because, regardless of the fact that it's provided for in the Constitution, the International would prevent the membership from exercising their rights under the Constitution! So much for our Democratic union! And the International wonders why there is a groundswell against them? Why they couldn't pass the modifications? Why they are HATED by the rank and file membership? They need to start supporting the membership and supporting the Constitution. Bottom line! There is NOTHING democratic about us! We suffer under a dictatorship! It must be overthrown!

Because, regardless of the fact that it's provided for in the Constitution, the International would prevent the membership from exercising their rights under the Constitution! So much for our Democratic union! And the International wonders why there is a groundswell against them? Why they couldn't pass the modifications? Why they are HATED by the rank and file membership? They need to start supporting the membership and supporting the Constitution. Bottom line! There is NOTHING democratic about us! We suffer under a dictatorship! It must be overthrown!

You are kidding right?

Stewards and Committeepersons

Section 1. The Bargaining Committee may but does not necessarily have to consist of the members of the Executive Board of the Local Union.

Section 2. All Stewards and/or Committeepersons shall be democratically elected for three (3) year terms. A Local Union or unit of an Amalgamated Local Union may have, after July 1, 1998, a shorter term, of no less than two (2) years, only by affirmative membership action, and permission granted by the International Executive Board, Stewards and Committeepersons shall be required to take the oath of office as provided in Article 39.

Section 3. A Steward or Committeeperson may be recalled by the members s/he represents for failure to perform the duties of the office. A valid petition setting forth specific complaints of the Stewards or Committeeperson's failure to perform the duties of the office shall be signed by the members s/he represents. The Steward or Committeeperson so complained against shall receive notification of the specific com plaints. Upon the filing of such a petition with the Local Union, a special meeting for recall shall be held, of which due notification shall be given. A two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present at such special meeting shall be required to recall. Each Local Union or unit of an Amalgamated Local Union shall establish in its bylaws the number of petitioners required for a recall and the quorum necessary to establish such re call meeting.

Section 4. Upon application to and approval of the International Executive Board, Stewards and/or Committeepersons may be elected exclusively by and from appropriate groups (as specified in Article 19, Section 3) in keeping with the policy resolution adopted by the Sixteenth (16th) Constitutional Convention.

Section 5. No protest to an election shall be considered unless raised within seven (7) days of the closing of the polls or at the next membership meeting, whichever is later. A protest must either be in writing, or made at the membership meeting. If written, the protest must be actually received by the Local Union Recording Secretary before the deadline. In the event that membership meeting(s) have been suspended by affirmative membership action(s) pursuant to Article 37, Section 4©, the protest must be submitted to the Local Union Recording Secretary within seven (7) days of the closing of the polls or the next Local Union Executive Board meeting (not to exceed thirty (30) days from the date of the election), whichever is later. The protest will be directed to the Local Executive Board, which shall rule on the protest within thirty (30) days after receipt. If a new election for Committeeperson or Steward is ordered as the result of a protest and this order is appealed, no such election shall be held until the matter has been submitted to and an order thereon received from the International President.

Articles

You are kidding right?

Captain, I only wish I was! Does anyone in the IUAW ever talk to anyone at the plant level? And not just the sycophants hoping for a job? Do you deny that even though it's provided for under the Constitution that the IUAW would prevent a membership from removing a chairman? You and I both know they would!

Captain, I only wish I was! Does anyone in the IUAW ever talk to anyone at the plant level? And not just the sycophants hoping for a job? Do you deny that even though it's provided for under the Constitution that the IUAW would prevent a membership from removing a chairman? You and I both know they would!

I am not so sure....a Chairman is elected by the entire membership and unless he/she, knowingly, does something to blantantly misrepresent the membership. I don't see it happening. Thats why we have terms for those elected. So I can understand if someone is upset with their leadership, but that is why you have elections every 3 years!! Now you have to find a candidate that can get elected that knows what the heck they are doing. If you elect someone popular that has not been electedd or seasoned, your plant leadership team will be nothing but going through the motions. A seasoned person knows how to get things done for the members, you can say what you want, but unless your local committee is working towards common goals they will just spinning their wheels for the first year and a half. You must be able to talk the company into giving you what they want and then show them how it could benefit them.....and know how to pressure them in other areas helps a little too :shades:

So removing someone only takes the membership a step backwards, what they should really be doing is trying to figure out how to help the leadership to help the members, not removing them! (wow, I sound like a politician.....yuck)

You're right it would never happen , even if the chairman ( van dyke plant ) was on the news ( channel 4 ) and abusing authority nothing would happen.Downtown knows how to set an example , thanx RON

Hey one eye, Didn't they just re-elect Mod?(maybe that is next year) What did Ron have to do with that?

Edited by Captain723

Here's the problem we have at CAP. Our chairman likes to walk into meetings without our 2 other bargaining team members (he doesn't let them know about these meetings) and change things up. His most recent meeting changed our work schedule from 4-10's to 5-8's back to 4-10's and then back to 5-8's after the new year. Our chairman decided to do this because he wanted to.

He does stuff like this all the time. When the member went to our last union meeting to ask about this issue our 2 other bargaining team members could not answer any questions because the only information they received from the Chairman was a text message stating, "MORE CHANGE TO COME". Our chairman was absent from the last union meeting because of sickness (by the way his time sheet showed he worked 12 hrs).

As we all found out with the Nov. modification vote, due to the lack of accountability at the IUAW, B. King was under the assumption that heavy handed tactics would work as they had since 1976. The last time a proposal was shot down by the rank and file. Another shock is in store for B. King at election time at the local level, and in electing delegates to the Convention in June. There is a silent majority here at LAP that can not wait to send a different type of delegate to represent our best interest, not Corporate Unionist best interest at the Convention. Trade Unionist just may be ready to take back the UAW.

As we all found out with the Nov. modification vote, due to the lack of accountability at the IUAW, B. King was under the assumption that heavy handed tactics would work as they had since 1976. The last time a proposal was shot down by the rank and file. Another shock is in store for B. King at election time at the local level, and in electing delegates to the Convention in June. There is a silent majority here at LAP that can not wait to send a different type of delegate to represent our best interest, not Corporate Unionist best interest at the Convention. Trade Unionist just may be ready to take back the UAW.

You have an awful lot to say for just joining!! Do you know what the fking give backs were dumbass? 0 just in case you were wondering....and it wasn't to save Ford any money, it was a longer term thing, so get your info correct.

What was your previous name?? :headscratch:

You have an awful lot to say for just joining!! Do you know what the fking give backs were dumbass? 0 just in case you were wondering....and it wasn't to save Ford any money, it was a longer term thing, so get your info correct.

What was your previous name?? :headscratch:

Hey Captain your ability to explain your position is amazing, I'm sorry your going to have to run for election or defend a sell out agreement, it seems I hit a nerve as you should feel ashamed and ridiculed. As for me being new to the board, if this is the best you can do, I wish you the best on the assembly line after the next election. When secure in the facts one will give the facts, when one is wrong they will call others names. If you are secure in your position, please go around to your co-workers and tell them that voting down the modification agreement was a mistake, and let's see how that works out for you. I feel sorry for your group, knowing that your days in power are numbered the willingness to do and say anything will only further make you a historical joke. P.S. Loud and wrong, is still wrong.

Hey Captain your ability to explain your position is amazing, I'm sorry your going to have to run for election or defend a sell out agreement, it seems I hit a nerve as you should feel ashamed and ridiculed. As for me being new to the board, if this is the best you can do, I wish you the best on the assembly line after the next election. When secure in the facts one will give the facts, when one is wrong they will call others names. If you are secure in your position, please go around to your co-workers and tell them that voting down the modification agreement was a mistake, and let's see how that works out for you. I feel sorry for your group, knowing that your days in power are numbered the willingness to do and say anything will only further make you a historical joke. P.S. Loud and wrong, is still wrong.

what was the giveback dkhead.......your ability to talk shit and ask me to explain something to you is fking amazing.....do your homework and go back and read some posts from Oct and Nov.........I never said it was a mistake to anyone, all the last modification would have done is given us pattern with GM and Chrysler and $1000 in our pockets. We were not giving up anything we dont do already do today, I am not going to restate my view on this to some know-it-all ass who just joined yesterday....what I did say was the members have spoke and now lets move on! I hope we do not see that pattern bargaining has been broken. You must be extremely stupid or dumb if you think we do not need pattern bagaining for all us members. Look it up dumbass before you pop on the scene and claim to know jack shit! As for election, you obviously don't know me so have a tall glass of STFU!

what was the giveback dkhead.......your ability to talk shit and ask me to explain something to you is fking amazing.....do your homework and go back and read some posts from Oct and Nov.........I never said it was a mistake to anyone, all the last modification would have done is given us pattern with GM and Chrysler and $1000 in our pockets. We were not giving up anything we dont do already do today, I am not going to restate my view on this to some know-it-all ass who just joined yesterday....what I did say was the members have spoke and now lets move on! I hope we do not see that pattern bargaining has been broken. You must be extremely stupid or dumb if you think we do not need pattern bagaining for all us members. Look it up dumbass before you pop on the scene and claim to know jack shit! As for election, you obviously don't know me so have a tall glass of STFU!

Hey Captain again if pointing out when I joined is the best you can do, your in for a continued confused life. As for pattern bargaining, this was broken many times in the past and I liken this situation to a Doctor who has a patient in ICU versus a check-up, their both patients but they must be treated differently. Our brothers and sisters at GM and Chrysler are in the ICU and we have been given a clean bill of health. As far as moving on, if I was in your spot I would want to say" the members have spoke and now lets move on". One difference though if I were in your spot I would take a stress leave for a few months and claim I could not remember my blind following of International. Again Captain loud and wrong is still wrong. I still have not heard you refute the fact that equity of sacrifice which was touted to the members has been shown to be another scam that you fell for in March. The day we ended voting the company announced 1 billion profit. Now Captain you can put all the STFU you want but get your soon to be defeated officials on the phone and try and come up for a defense of the defenseless.

Hey Captain again if pointing out when I joined is the best you can do, your in for a continued confused life. As for pattern bargaining, this was broken many times in the past and I liken this situation to a Doctor who has a patient in ICU versus a check-up, their both patients but they must be treated differently. Our brothers and sisters at GM and Chrysler are in the ICU and we have been given a clean bill of health. As far as moving on, if I was in your spot I would want to say" the members have spoke and now lets move on". One difference though if I were in your spot I would take a stress leave for a few months and claim I could not remember my blind following of International. Again Captain loud and wrong is still wrong. I still have not heard you refute the fact that equity of sacrifice which was touted to the members has been shown to be another scam that you fell for in March. The day we ended voting the company announced 1 billion profit. Now Captain you can put all the STFU you want but get your soon to be defeated officials on the phone and try and come up for a defense of the defenseless.

hey dumbfk....who was touting equity of sacrafice in the last modification, I know there has been a couple this past year, but that was not the reason for the last modification, so get your info correct. I hope every local has new leadership and that way the members will truly see what seniority, seasoned, trained and apt leadership brought to the table. I have seen fresh leadership do good things, but more times than not they do not do well. Take any plant with new leadership for instance, they are probably doing the best job they can, but if you talk to people from a plant with new leadership I am sure most will say it is being run over by the company. It is not because the leadership is not trying to do their best, but because they usually do not know how to be a chairman/president, and the company takes advantage of that. I have a lot of friends at DTP who can tell you some stories I am sure, just ask anyone from there.

So toot your horn all you want I just hope we the members do not suffer while those who think they want change vote in someone without experience. I am all for change, just like you changing your name on this site, to get a new begining.... again, for someone new you have an awful lot to say! Good to have people get involved, but not if their motive is self promoting. Anyway, glad to have you join us, hope you are a little more productive than pointing the finger, like a lot on this site do!

PS I hope you are thick skinned, because this site is not for the weak!! Also, since you claim to be new, there are a lot of non Ford employees and salaried on this site, so everyone you talk to may not be hourly!

Edited by Captain723

hey dumbfk....who was touting equity of sacrafice in the last modification, I know there has been a couple this past year, but that was not the reason for the last modification, so get your info correct. I hope every local has new leadership and that way the members will truly see what seniority, seasoned, trained and apt leadership brought to the table. I have seen fresh leadership do good things, but more times than not they do not do well. Take any plant with new leadership for instance, they are probably doing the best job they can, but if you talk to people from a plant with new leadership I am sure most will say it is being run over by the company. It is not because the leadership is not trying to do their best, but because they usually do not know how to be a chairman/president, and the company takes advantage of that. I have a lot of friends at DTP who can tell you some stories I am sure, just ask anyone from there.

So toot your horn all you want I just hope we the members do not suffer while those who think they want change vote in someone without experience. I am all for change, just like you changing your name on this site, to get a new begining.... again, for someone new you have an awful lot to say! Good to have people get involved, but not if their motive is self promoting. Anyway, glad to have you join us, hope you are a little more productive than pointing the finger, like a lot on this site do!

PS I hope you are thick skinned, because this site is not for the weak!! Also, since you claim to be new, there are a lot of non Ford employees and salaried on this site, so everyone you talk to may not be hourly!

Hey Captain you said many things above that I agree with, voting low seniority for the sake of it is a mistake, but my point is that we need to start to take a good look at the people we elect nationally and locally and question all the candidates friends or not about their positions. Also my point is that it does not make the UAW weaker to challenge those in charge, on the contrary, it is the backbone of a vibrant union. In 1979 1.5 million UAW members, 2001 720k, 2009 450k members, it may be time to rethink our game plan of UAW-FORD as a team.

Hey Captain you said many things above that I agree with, voting low seniority for the sake of it is a mistake, but my point is that we need to start to take a good look at the people we elect nationally and locally and question all the candidates friends or not about their positions. Also my point is that it does not make the UAW weaker to challenge those in charge, on the contrary, it is the backbone of a vibrant union. In 1979 1.5 million UAW members, 2001 720k, 2009 450k members, it may be time to rethink our game plan of UAW-FORD as a team.

It does not make the UAW or anyone for that matter weaker for challenging them. It makes them stronger, but there is a lot that is not shared with everyone.....if the membership would have realized what 3 bankruptcies would have done to organized labor, retirees and current workers they would have been sick to their stomachs and probably not bought another thing for the next 15 years. Our leadership is always looking at game plans and hopefully the last mod. that was voted down challenges them to rethink their game plan. The thing is they do not think for the moment, they think 4-8-12 years down the road and many do not know what is going to go on next year let alone 12 years from now. Anyway nice chatting, I am sure we will have a lot to talk about in this forum.