2011 5.0 Mustang video

Is it just me or do the videos make it seem quieter than the 2010 model? It has a good tone, but I can't help but think that a little more noise would be nice. Oh the hell with it, it's not like I wouldn't throw a set of aftermarket mufflers on it anyways.

I don't thing the driver ever revved it out on those videos. The rolling flyby was clearly a bogged gear.

Nice! And love all the 5.0 emblems everywhere! Even though it's not technically a 5.0, I'm glad to see the 5.0 back in the Stang.

Many engines aren't technically the exact same size as their nomenclature indicates. GM 6.2L gas V8 is technically a 6.1L but they round it up just like Ford and BMW's 3.5L is actually 3.4L.

I don't know why everyone gives Ford such grief about this.

The Coyote technically is a 5.0.

Coyote - 4951 cc (rounds to a 5.0)

Windsor - 4940 cc (rounds to a 4.9)

Don't propagate a myth.

I'm with you but everyone looks at the first two digits ("49") without rounding up and instantly say "It isn't really a 5.0". My point is that a lot of engines are a few CCs short like the Coyote but only Ford seems to get flack about it.

Not that I am one to defend C&D (they annoy me to no end), but it was the fact that the Windsor fell short of 4950cc that led to their continual claims that it was a 4.9L.

The Coyote being 4951cc should avoid that situation as it's a true 5.0L.

I wonder if Ford intentionally made it 1cc over the threshold to round it up as kind of an "F*** You!" to C&D.

The Coyote is technically a 5.0.

Coyote - 4951 cc (rounds to a 5.0)

Windsor - 4940 cc (rounds to a 4.9)

I ran it through a metric to English conversion and it rounds down properly to 302 CID. The old Windsor actually was a 301 if you use the proper rounding method. I guess back in the day 302 rolled off the tongue a lot nicer then 301 before engines were metric.

I'm not saying Ford and other don't fudge their displacement slightly here or there by rounding up/down. Which if you round properly, it does go up to 5. Sheesh, didn't think it was such a big deal. Now it seems as everyones panties are in a bunch by that statement.

I ran it through a metric to English conversion and it rounds down properly to 302 CID. The old Windsor actually was a 301 if you use the proper rounding method. I guess back in the day 302 rolled off the tongue a lot nicer then 301 before engines were metric.

For the Windsor 3.1416 (pi) x 4 ((bore/2) squared) x 3 (stroke) x 8 (cylinders) = 301.59 or 302. That's 4942 cc's.

The Coyote at 4951 cc's is 302.13 cubic inches.