2011 Expedition

bucky

Give me the biggest gas sucking, highest horsepower engine Ford can squeeze can squeeze between the fenders. Forget these small block V8's. Give me a 428 cubic inch engine with 700 horsepower. I would also like more frontal area on the front of the vehicle so I can take out more spotted owls and toyotas. I would also like to see the weight of the vehicle raised up to about 8,000 pounds. By the way, if you can put a supercharger on it or twin turbos that would be a plus if it will up the horsepower to around 1,000. How about dual rear wheels and full time all wheel drive? 300 horsepower was ok a few years ago but it's a little lacking these days. ;-)

Yeah, well Ford must have gotten a lot of requests for lesser quality paint, thinner sheet metal, lower grade leather, etc. Oh, wait, that was to increase profit margins.

If you think the paint is lesser quality you've never owned a Ford from the 80's, on those the paint would come off on your car wash mit every time you washed. My black 03 still has paint that looks like new and outshines the porsche that parks next to me. I agree though that Ford has made too many negative changes and not enough positive ones, and the reason these negatives changes were made was because consumers didn't demand the higher quality, instead they just proceed to buy the low quality product.

If you think the paint is lesser quality you've never owned a Ford from the 80's, on those the paint would come off on your car wash mit every time you washed. My black 03 still has paint that looks like new and outshines the porsche that parks next to me. I agree though that Ford has made too many negative changes and not enough positive ones, and the reason these negatives changes were made was because consumers didn't demand the higher quality, instead they just proceed to buy the low quality product.

Yeah, I owned some Fords from the 80's and 90's. The clear coat failure was miserable. Now I don't think it's so much a problem of the material being used as it is the process. Thin base coats, improper prep on aluminum panels, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

First off, the finish on all my Expys, 97, 99, 2000, 2004, 2007 were all just fine.

But this thread was originally opened to talk about what new is to be expected in 2011.

And yes, if I, or rather, when I do order one and if there's a problem with finishes, I won't post it here.

I'll start a new thread call Expy 2011 finish problems.

Ford has come a long ways from the painting technology of the 80-90s.

I myself and my vehicles are proof of that.

My 2007, even being in a redesign first year build, and I ordered it with great faith in Ford employees, answered every expectation I had hoped for.

I'm not a ford employee nor is anyone in my circle of family and friends.

But they did a great job.

Hence comes number 6 Expy and yes I'll blindly order it without a test drive.

Bob

I have seen one article that said the navigator will come standard with 5.4L 3V and have an optional 4.4L Diesel. If the starting price is 50K plus probably 3-5K for the diesel, it could end up getting expensive. I still might be willing to pay 55K for a diesel navigtor vs 40K for an expedition just not to have that 5.4 3V. I already have a 5.4 3V with 100K miles and check engine light that don't go off no matter what I change. Motor vibrates too much for a gas engine. I even have a brand new supercharger kit that I will not install on it because the motor doesn't want to run right naturally aspirated. Guess I am the guy stuck with no place to go: Wife wants a new SUV; I have no intention on buying anything from the other large SUV companies; and I am not going to buy another 5.4L 3V. Thanks Ford.

http://www.reedmantolllincoln.com/2011-lincoln-navigator.htm

Probably a bad coil, check #6 for some reason that one is the always the first to go, pricey buggers to replace to so be sure.

I'm a little disappointed the '11 Expedition doesn't offer the new engines, but I understand. Ford is still leveraged to their necks and need to let their stars shine for them: Mustang, Fusion, F-150 and Explorer.

I'm not looking to buy for a couple more years, will be hoping to find a 1 year old Expedition 4x4 with a 5.0L in it, looks like that might just still work out.

Edited by meyeste