2011 Expedition

bucky

Any word on the 2011 Expedition? Will it be the same body style as the 2007-2010 or will it change? How about engines? I read a couple different places that the new 400 horsepower Coyote 5.0 liter engine that is going in the 2011 Mustang may also go in the F150. I'm wondering if the Expedition might get this engine or even the 6.2 liter engine that has been rumored. Anybody know anything?

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on the 2011 Expedition? Will it be the same body style as the 2007-2010 or will it change? How about engines? I read a couple different places that the new 400 horsepower Coyote 5.0 liter engine that is going in the 2011 Mustang may also go in the F150. I'm wondering if the Expedition might get this engine or even the 6.2 liter engine that has been rumored. Anybody know anything?

I'm curious to know what changes are in store for the 2011 Expedition as well. Can anyone provided any insight?

Thanks,

Eric

• 3 months later...

Any word on the 2011 Order Guide yet? Usually they start coming out about now. I'm really hoping for the new 5.0 or 6.2 engine in the Expedition like the F150 will be getting. A minor refresh would be nice too.

Edited by W8N4SNO

Any word on the 2011 Order Guide yet? Usually they start coming out about now. I'm really hoping for the new 5.0 or 6.2 engine in the Expedition like the F150 will be getting. A minor refresh would be nice too.

I am curious too. Hopefully, we'll see the new order guide in the next few weeks to end all of the speculation.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw there was no more Eddie Bauer as well. It seems like the XLT Premium pkg was added to fill the spot for the Eddie Bauer in 2011. I think it will look almost identical to the Eddie Bauer, just without the name. I think this was Ford's last vehicle to still have an Eddie Bauer trim level. I'm sure the the all new Explorer will probably not have an Eddie Bauer trim level either since it's taking the more on-road CUV approach now.

Do you think Ford might replace the 5.4L 3v engine with the 5.0 4v and/or 6.2 2v for MY2012? I read that 2013 might actually be the big year when the Expedition and F150 get a redesign and merge to the same platform again like the 1997-2002 models. If that is the case then I would think we might not see any new engine news till MY2013 for the Expedition, but I am just guessing. Maybe the new engines won't fit with the current hood lines and grill. Plus, it probably requires a lot of PCM programming and wiring changes that Ford probably doesn't want to do at this stage on this generation Expedition. I think the engine program just got out of sync with the vehicle program. The 5.0 should have been out for the 2010 Mustang debut. The 6.2 should have been out for the SVT Raptor F150 debut. Both vehicles had to wait a year to get the engine they deserved.

I keep waiting each year for the new Expedition order guide hoping to see some big news, but all I see are little updates here and there. They have added great things like Sync, backup camera, trailer sway control, capless fuel filler, etc, but just not the engine I want. I would like to trade off my 04 F150 for an Expedition, but I'll be pissed if I get a 2011 and then 2012 gets the new engine. At the same time I can keep waiting and find that 2012 has no updates and then I will have wished I just went ahead and got the 2011. I don't know what to do. I just hope Ford doesn't neglect the Expedition like it did with the Ranger (and Taurus for many years till now). There are still many core buyers that want and need an Expedition for towing and family trips. I think they could see a big surge in sales again with some major updates and proper marketing.

I'm not asking anyone to give away any big secrets on future products, but it would be nice to know what kind of timeline we are looking at for some updates.

Can anyone tell me the 2011 will be orderable? I'm picky about my options on a vehicle, so I usually order. Also, I'm bring the family to Orlando in early October and I'd be nice to do it in a new vehicle.

Thanks for any info, folks.

Is it possible if we have the Navigator Order guide too? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

I have seen one article that said the navigator will come standard with 5.4L 3V and have an optional 4.4L Diesel. If the starting price is 50K plus probably 3-5K for the diesel, it could end up getting expensive. I still might be willing to pay 55K for a diesel navigtor vs 40K for an expedition just not to have that 5.4 3V. I already have a 5.4 3V with 100K miles and check engine light that don't go off no matter what I change. Motor vibrates too much for a gas engine. I even have a brand new supercharger kit that I will not install on it because the motor doesn't want to run right naturally aspirated. Guess I am the guy stuck with no place to go: Wife wants a new SUV; I have no intention on buying anything from the other large SUV companies; and I am not going to buy another 5.4L 3V. Thanks Ford.

http://www.reedmantolllincoln.com/2011-lincoln-navigator.htm

I have seen one article that said the navigator will come standard with 5.4L 3V and have an optional 4.4L Diesel. If the starting price is 50K plus probably 3-5K for the diesel, it could end up getting expensive. I still might be willing to pay 55K for a diesel navigtor vs 40K for an expedition just not to have that 5.4 3V. I already have a 5.4 3V with 100K miles and check engine light that don't go off no matter what I change. Motor vibrates too much for a gas engine. I even have a brand new supercharger kit that I will not install on it because the motor doesn't want to run right naturally aspirated. Guess I am the guy stuck with no place to go: Wife wants a new SUV; I have no intention on buying anything from the other large SUV companies; and I am not going to buy another 5.4L 3V. Thanks Ford.

http://www.reedmantolllincoln.com/2011-lincoln-navigator.htm

Submit your complaints for the weak 5.4L here

Sick of people crying about different engines, diesel, etc. This has been going on since 1997! Get over it people. You don't like the motor selection pick another car/truck. :banghead:

HOW DARE YOU INSULT FORD CUSTOMERS....GO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK...CUSTOMERS CAN VOICE THEIR REQUEST hopefully big daddy Ford will listen

• Like 1

I think Ford has made a good choice by not coupling the engine changes with the vehicle platform enhancements or total platform change. They'll release the new engines when the engine is ready to be released. That way too, they keep the model "fresh" in the public's mind as well. It'll seem like they are making constant improvements. Which the are...

Oh, and unless GM comes out with their baby diesel, it won't be coming to Ford either.

• Like 1

Sick of people crying about different engines, diesel, etc. This has been going on since 1997! Get over it people. You don't like the motor selection pick another car/truck. :banghead:

Obviously you've never taken a business class or else you would know it's the consumer that controls the products that are put out, and the only way that products get changed is when consumers voice their opinion about the changes that are needed. You are not doing your job as a consumer if you settle for a product that you are not satified with. The reason why the expedition hasn't had a bigger engine than the 5.4L is because there has not been a strong enough demand for one, but the demand is growing and Ford will eventually have to comply with the growing demand unless they want people to spend their money elsewhere. I garuntee that Ford will eventually put in a motor that has more power, the only question is when will the market be ready for it?