Toyota

Bigcountry

I think it will be bigger then ya think. It already is.

I suggest we all print up flyers that say;

"Please Do Not Drive this car and put my families life at risk"!

ad a clipping of the Toyota recall to the flyer.

Then when you see one of the cars on the recall parked at the store or where ever, place one of the flyers under the windshield wiper.

The average person will think twice about driving the car and they might even get mad enough to trade it in.

Its time we go after those who are going after our jobs!

• Like 1

I suggest we all print up flyers that say;

"Please Do Not Drive this car and put my families life at risk"!

ad a clipping of the Toyota recall to the flyer.

Then when you see one of the cars on the recall parked at the store or where ever, place one of the flyers under the windshield wiper.

The average person will think twice about driving the car and they might even get mad enough to trade it in.

Its time we go after those who are going after our jobs!

ask the detroit news to do that, you will have 3 lines on pg 10.

• Like 1

Funny how it's a american company CTS in Indiana making defective pedals for Toyota. Just shows you don't have to go

to China to buy shit

The parts were made to toyotas specifications and were certified parts, it's not even what the problem is anyway - the truth might come out in the news one day - that it's the drive by wire system.

• Like 1

Is this gonna be Toyota's "Firestone"? Should be interesting on how this plays out considering they don't even know what the problem is!

I sure as hell don't want to see anyone hurt or killed in a car crash---even if the vehicle is a Toyota.

I don't want to see any American lose his or her job b/c of this issue---even if it's at Toyota.

Did anybody see the 4Q Town Hall? Even Mullaly said he doesn't take glee in Toyota's troubles.

I just want Toyota execs---especially their American execs---to stop covering up, and fix the vehicles.

And yes, it looks like this is already Toyota's "Firestone tire recall."

• Like 4

I sure as hell don't want to see anyone hurt or killed in a car crash---even if the vehicle is a Toyota.

I don't want to see any American lose his or her job b/c of this issue---even if it's at Toyota.

Did anybody see the 4Q Town Hall? Even Mullaly said he doesn't take glee in Toyota's troubles.

I just want Toyota execs---especially their American execs---to stop covering up, and fix the vehicles.

Well said.

If I could add my own point, it would be:

I also hope that the media and the public take off their blinders to the fact that Toyota and foreign auto companies are no better nor worse than domestics.

Well said.

If I could add my own point, it would be:

I also hope that the media and the public take off their blinders to the fact that Toyota and foreign auto companies are no better nor worse than domestics.

Well, I will tell you they are setting the bar with keeping their assembly lines down and keeping dealers service shops open 24hrs to repair the vehicles. Since we all have recalls like it or not if you fall short you will be compared to your lack of response.

Welcome to the new Automotive world.

Well, I will tell you they are setting the bar with keeping their assembly lines down and keeping dealers service shops open 24hrs to repair the vehicles. Since we all have recalls like it or not if you fall short you will be compared to your lack of response.

Not sure where you've been, but Toyota has been deny deny deny about this issue for over 2 years now. The press is just digging in now and it's got the spotlight on it now. The families of those who died are crying "too little, too late".

Not entirely convinced that a piece of sheet metal will fix the problem, either. They're not installing them in new cars; they're installing new pedals there. New pedal -- $10, piece of stamped sheet metal, $.50.

Not all the public are that easily convinced about Toyota's motives.

Newspapers across the country dont talk bad about the jap cars, why? Let me give you the slant, because of the advertising that is printed in their papers. They dont want to alienate their advertising base. Get outside of the Detroit area and all you see in the papers is jap and korean car ads. The domestics still buy advertising but not at the rate the asian dealers do. The asian dealers make more money off the cars than they do domestics, so they advertise more.

I was watching NBC and they showed a toyota customer kissing toyotas ass by saying they will fix it and she will buy at least 2 more in her lifetime. Think she was kissing the asian ass because she just wants to make sure hers gets fixed right?

Setting the bar high! You have got to be joking - all they do is deny or blame us dirty Americans, now there saying this is a little condensation problem. Remember the state policeman and his family whose 911 call that made big news when they got killed in the lexus they were driving --- well guess what... lexus is not even in the recalled junk they sell

Listen to the 911 Call - http://www.sandiego6.com/mostpopular/story/Santee-CHP-officer-Saylor-killed-Lexus-accelerator/AzYjOhtvFE2mIuxTtxrK4Q.cspx

Also there was a wreck in Louisville yesterday

Link: http://www.whas11.com/news/consumer/One-man-hospitalized-after-crash-that-could-have-been-caused-by-faulty-Toyota-accelerator-83288557.html

They think we are inferior and they know how easy it is to convince the public of there viewpoint

oh and don't forget the NHTSA told them not to sell anymore cars till they have a solution

Edited by intheloop

The news always talk about the tire issue with the Explorer, well they never mention that 89% of the bad tires can be traced back to an Illinois plant that bridgestone (a Japanese company) took over from Firestone. The tires in question were produced when the Japanese tried to break the union - they had scab workers in the plant producing tires and didn't know what they were doing. Dipwad Nasser should have fought this issue bigtime. the news treats toyoda like EF Hutton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PwP1EjaBik always waiting for they slant.

Is this gonna be Toyota's "Firestone"? Should be interesting on how this plays out considering they don't even know what the problem is!

its not the pedal part its the electronic pedal system.. Toyota is screwed there is no easy fix for there problem there going to have to change the entire electronic system.

its going to cost alot more then the $3 billion ford spent on the firestone tires...try 4 or 5x as much

its not the pedal part its the electronic pedal system.. Toyota is screwed there is no easy fix for there problem there going to have to change the entire electronic system.

its going to cost alot more then the $3 billion ford spent on the firestone tires...try 4 or 5x as much

Yep, just had the co-founder of mircosoft on the nightly news and his 2010 toyota is having this problem. He says the samething, not the floor mat or gas pedal...he thinks its a eletrical problem!