buyouts

billd9

Does anyone have any idea what the amount of the buyouts will be this time around, seeing that aai is eliminating a shift, and the paper said anyone who dont get placed will have an option to take a buyout???? with my low seniority I'm hoping for another 100 grand to be offered, if anyone has heard, please post. thanks

Does anyone have any idea what the amount of the buyouts will be this time around, seeing that aai is eliminating a shift, and the paper said anyone who dont get placed will have an option to take a buyout???? with my low seniority I'm hoping for another 100 grand to be offered, if anyone has heard, please post. thanks

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I don't mean to seem too heartless, but you can kiss $100,000 buyouts goodbye.

The company will now use shift cuts or plant sales to "entice" employees to accept $65,000/$50,000 packages. They know a shift cut, announced or implied, will get more takers than offering more money.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I don't mean to seem too heartless, but you can kiss $100,000 buyouts goodbye.

The company will now use shift cuts or plant sales to "entice" employees to accept $65,000/$50,000 packages. They know a shift cut, announced or implied, will get more takers than offering more money.

Your buyout will be 39 weeks of UIA

• Like 1

Skilled trades rep. Said 100K Rumored

Your buyout will be 39 weeks of UIA

I figured the hundred grand was out, but i do know that my 39 wks isnt my buyout, they are most likely offering 50 grand again, i know u were being smart by just saying that, but i was simply asking a question, dont be so mad your being laid off, shit happens man..relax!! its out of your control

Union Rep said today that $175,000 buyout was coming soon....Once you sign paper your done right then.....2nd tier worker will replace you that day!!!

This cannot happen until all Ford employees are placed in Ford facilities. So in order for this to happen soon, Ford would need to make some seriously colossal moves in a short period of time.

Like taking back an ACH plant or two. I've suspected for some time that this might one day happen.

This cannot happen until all Ford employees are placed in Ford facilities. So in order for this to happen soon, Ford would need to make some seriously colossal moves in a short period of time.

Like taking back an ACH plant or two. I've suspected for some time that this might one day happen.

Heard a rumor that Ford was going to offer $30,000 to go away. At the close of the window, lowest 12,000 seniority will be cut regardless of location, with no cash or benefits.

Take the Buy-Out or take your chances.

It would get a lot of low seniority to jump ship and relieve the excess manpower stresses. In the near future, if the cyclical nature of the industry leads to increased employment, new hires start filling the spots. Maybe the same 12,000 low seniority would become the new hires.

Sorry, that was the bag of Ruffles and a tub of sour cream and onion dip I ate before bed time last night talking.

Please disregard.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Heard a rumor that Ford was going to offer $30,000 to go away. At the close of the window, lowest 12,000 seniority will be cut regardless of location, with no cash or benefits.

Take the Buy-Out or take your chances.

It would get a lot of low seniority to jump ship and relieve the excess manpower stresses. In the near future, if the cyclical nature of the industry leads to increased employment, new hires start filling the spots. Maybe the same 12,000 low seniority would become the new hires.

Sorry, that was the bag of Ruffles and a tub of sour cream and onion dip I ate before bed time last night talking.

Please disregard.

So what are you saying here? Are you saying that the Ruffles, and sour cream and onion dip forced you to make up a rumor and spew a bunch of trash? Real classy.

So what are you saying here? Are you saying that the Ruffles, and sour cream and onion dip forced you to make up a rumor and spew a bunch of trash? Real classy.

I was trying to use the humor of a bad snack before bedtime that induced a "nightmare" where Ford flatly announced the cut of "so many" employees was coming but a buy-out for a nominal amount was offered.

$1000,000+ buy-out offers are long gone. If they chose to, Ford could/would say "to hell with you" and cut jobs. Buy-outs are nice but not an obligation.

Don't plan or wait for such. If Ford offers $100,00+ buy-outs again, I'll eat my hat!

If you are the lowest seniority, you need a "Plan B". Not a buy-out. And 10 years may not be enough.