Political Postings

louie

I dont Know how everyone else feels about this political bickering, mud slinging and basic trash on this public forum.

This gets on my last nerve.

On a public forum???

Most American still believe its the UAWs fault for the GM and Chrysler bankruptcies (we know it was management).

These public threads do nothing to advance the union movement or Ford.

I just copied the front page alone and you can clearly see the embarassing politically motivated posts.

When will it end????

When are elections over???

LOCAL 228 ELECTIONS --------- LET'S TALK

One impaticuliar change in committee SIMPLE MAN 9 Replies

Today, 09:12 AM

By: 400 now 228

Romeo Trades Overtime 1235 →

Contract interpreted by the company Baron Von Munchenhausen 96 Replies

Today, 09:02 AM

By: louie

Fox News 12331 →

Facts or Propaganda? Aces 604 Replies

Today, 05:37 AM

By: Trimdingman

SOS and other groups trying to band together

Still looking stupid after all these years! crapkiller0 3 Replies

Yesterday, 10:37 PM

By: 4rd4life

corruption endorsed 1237 →

former union official Virgil 122 Replies

Yesterday, 07:31 PM

By: EnlightenMe

Those on ILO from closed plants or TempFT

2 years later and no home plant yet. Why? MSP_M/R 5 Replies

Yesterday, 04:02 PM

By: jerrymaker

Obamacare (the real story) Telstar47 15 Replies

Yesterday, 03:53 PM

By: 1993Stang

union very shady(suspect) at Sheldon Rd.

can't trust none of them!!! sonnyblack03 12 Replies

Yesterday, 12:01 AM

By: Marginal Economist

Granholm Supports Toyota Footballfan 9 Replies

Feb 25 2010 10:53 PM

By: Footballfan

Criteria for getting an appointed position @ local 900 12 MTP'er 31 Replies

Feb 25 2010 09:16 PM

By: Pulse

Obama's Failures 1237 →

List the promises he has failed to keep FiredMotorCompany 123 Replies

Feb 24 2010 07:23 PM

By: fmccap

convincing the union membership to vote yes 12

international sold the membership out!!!! sonnyblack03 24 Replies

Feb 24 2010 06:30 PM

By: bigphish

Terminate the cockroach at Van Dyke hillbilly rock 8 Replies

Feb 23 2010 12:24 PM

By: ljcdad

rawsonville 12 factoryrat67 35 Replies

Feb 22 2010 09:57 PM

By: Pulse

For Whom The Bell Tolls 12 Stugots 25 Replies

Feb 21 2010 11:42 PM

By: fordd

Grievance 12 Fordemployee189 32 Replies

Feb 21 2010 10:23 PM

By: soupy

• Like 1

I agree with you. The political pingbong match just makes me sick. The nitwits have taken over this site. How we can take it back I don't know. Any suggestions?

It is down right embarassing.

How to stop it? I dont know........... I would hope it is just a election cycle and elections should be over soon I would hope.

Can you imagine what the public thinks of this Jerry Springer behavior?

I hope it stops soon.

This site is just a great tool to use properly by information sharing like Chicago, AAI, MAP and alot of exciting things happening with placemnt opportunities elsewhere.

I was nice to read on this site about the investment in Cleveland also.

I would hope this bickering stops soon. It really is painful to see on a public site.

• Like 1

It is down right embarassing.

How to stop it? I dont know........... I would hope it is just a election cycle and elections should be over soon I would hope.

Can you imagine what the public thinks of this Jerry Springer behavior?

I hope it stops soon.

This site is just a great tool to use properly by information sharing like Chicago, AAI, MAP and alot of exciting things happening with placemnt opportunities elsewhere.

I was nice to read on this site about the investment in Cleveland also.

I would hope this bickering stops soon. It really is painful to see on a public site.

i agree some of the stuff on here does make you wonder what the public thinks, but , some of your posts and reply's are pretty bad also ,it's not just the bickering ,but i would say also some of the language that is being put down on this site has to have an effect on the public, i went back and read your posts and reply's. some are pretty bad , there are others that are a lot worse, how they get away with some of the stuff they say to others,i have no idea. that must make the public turn away as much as the bickering.

the part i don't understand is why everyone can't reply on subject and not tear down the person , disagree or not ,everyone is not going to feel the same way about everything.

• Like 1

I agree with you. The political pingbong match just makes me sick. The nitwits have taken over this site. How we can take it back I don't know. Any suggestions?

From a non-employee but moderator on this site, I have suggested numerous times to a few of you to vote on a couple of moderators for the employee forums to keep an eye on things. I very rarely try to get involved in the employee area and having your own mods would keep the current mod team from having to look at these threads at all (win-win for both of us I think!). Feel free to come up with some names and vote on them and let me/Richard/Robert know who you want to moderate and we'll get it done. The open nature of the forums here is one thing we try to take pride in on BOF, but there needs to be a line somewhere.

Let us know what you all come up with!

Thanks.

• Like 1

From a non-employee but moderator on this site, I have suggested numerous times to a few of you to vote on a couple of moderators for the employee forums to keep an eye on things. I very rarely try to get involved in the employee area and having your own mods would keep the current mod team from having to look at these threads at all (win-win for both of us I think!). Feel free to come up with some names and vote on them and let me/Richard/Robert know who you want to moderate and we'll get it done. The open nature of the forums here is one thing we try to take pride in on BOF, but there needs to be a line somewhere.

Thanks.

i for one would like to see that also , but i would hope that who ever they would be ,would have a neutral and open mind ,please take the time to at least check the posts and replies of the people named as possible choices,

i have looked at a lot of posts and wanted to express my opinion ,but i see that some are people on here are very brutal,for some it's their way or nothing

• Like 1

i have looked at a lot of posts and wanted to express my opinion ,but i see that some are people on here are very brutal,for some it's their way or nothing

Why, because they can hide behind their computer and not have to FACE the people they are ranting to or about.

It is a shame, but a fact of life.

• Like 1

The really sad thing is that most of the bad stuff posted on this site is true.

This is the way it is in the plants and most of it is caused by poor comunication and people being elected that are not qualified for the job or in it for the wrong reasons.

The Union has gotten so out of control that the average working union person has no say (NONE) in what the union does.

All the late nite deals and underhanded things that are happening are killing this once great union.

The union now represents the few in power and their family and friends and tries to controls the rest, I don't care what you say, this is the way it is, and if you are not in the UNION CLICK you pay your dues and take whatever they tell you. YOU HAVE NO SAY.

What is posted on this site is what people think.

What made them see things this way???

Why do they feel this way???

What kind of answers are they getting to their question in their plants????

Why would someone have to hide behind their computer if they didn't have anything to fear????

To elect someone on here would be just like the Union today.

If someone says something that someone does not like they will be blackballed, just like it is in the plants.

I don't care who you elect because anyone that is a good enough person not to handle things this way wouldn't want to have any part of that position and anyone that would just wants to control what people say. ( UNION PERSON )

If you really want to stop all these bad post, do something in your plant to stop all the bad stuff from happening, make sure people are informed with correct information and are all treated the same.

Remember the union is for all of its DUES PAYING Brothers and Sisters not just the elected few, their family and friends......

Have a good day.

• Like 3

The union now represents the few in power and their family and friends and tries to controls the rest, I don't care what you say, this is the way it is, and if you are not in the UNION CLICK you pay your dues and take whatever they tell you.

Guess what? It's always been that way. At least since 76' that I can speak of. Support the wrong guy and he doesn't get in. Guess what? You're out too. It's always been political. If your uncle or your dad was somebody? Guess what? You could be too. Pull-up your pants, quit crying and stop acting like half of the foul-mouthed punks who do nothing but bitch on this forum.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Moderators........... How 'bout our resident union reps??? LOL!! They seem to want to run the show.

• Like 1

Guess what? It's always been that way. At least since 76' that I can speak of. Support the wrong guy and he doesn't get in. Guess what? You're out too. It's always been political. If your uncle or your dad was somebody? Guess what? You could be too. Pull-up your pants, quit crying and stop acting like half of the foul-mouthed punks who do nothing but bitch on this forum.

Shut up idiot, nobody cares what you have to say.

The really sad thing is that most of the bad stuff posted on this site is true.

This is the way it is in the plants and most of it is caused by poor comunication and people being elected that are not qualified for the job or in it for the wrong reasons.

The Union has gotten so out of control that the average working union person has no say (NONE) in what the union does.

All the late nite deals and underhanded things that are happening are killing this once great union.

The union now represents the few in power and their family and friends and tries to controls the rest, I don't care what you say, this is the way it is, and if you are not in the UNION CLICK you pay your dues and take whatever they tell you. YOU HAVE NO SAY.

What is posted on this site is what people think.

What made them see things this way???

Why do they feel this way???

What kind of answers are they getting to their question in their plants????

Why would someone have to hide behind their computer if they didn't have anything to fear????

To elect someone on here would be just like the Union today.

If someone says something that someone does not like they will be blackballed, just like it is in the plants.

I don't care who you elect because anyone that is a good enough person not to handle things this way wouldn't want to have any part of that position and anyone that would just wants to control what people say. ( UNION PERSON )

If you really want to stop all these bad post, do something in your plant to stop all the bad stuff from happening, make sure people are informed with correct information and are all treated the same.

Remember the union is for all of its DUES PAYING Brothers and Sisters not just the elected few, their family and friends......

Have a good day.

Absolutely RIGHT ON post!

If you are talking about captain and level iI think they left the site again.

As well as others. These people sure aren't helping the UAW's image. If they wanna spew their B.S let them go to www.yellowbullet.com , they'd fit right in over there. The mods need to filter some of these threads, Example: " Who's the biggest A-hole". That thread should never been allowed. We all knew where that one was heading. Its just more fodder for union haters. JMO, and we all know what they say about those .

why can't we(UAW) vote for our own president????? what say YOU....

You do elect your IUAW President. When your Local has a meeting to elect the Delegate to the convention, you also select who you want your delegate to vote for, same as Federal election for U.S. President. The delegates to the convention acts as the 'electoral college' and carries the vote of the local to the convention with the local's wishes. 9 times out of 10, the local delegate goes to convention and votes the wishes of the local, but sometimes there may be a rogue delegate that votes how they want vs. the way the local wishes.

There have been U.S. Presidents elected into office through the Electoral College that were elected although their constituants at home wanted to vote the other way. Usually, the electorate is then stripped of their electoral powers and a new electorate is put in place.

Just thought I'd share!

BTW, this thread has turned into exactly what the original poster has said all the others were!

Tapper

Thanks.

i would like to throw my name out there , i check out the site at least once or twice a day , my biggest deal is with all vulgar attacks on the people who do reply or post, makes one wonder how many would put their two cents in if the site was a little cleaner and less brutal, i haven't made many reply's ,but would have a lot more,if not for some of the people out there , as i said before , you can have an opinion , but respect others idea's also, i have had friends and family looking at this site when i am on , they are shocked and dismayed by what they read on some of these forums,

CG3DE

You do elect your IUAW President. When your Local has a meeting to elect the Delegate to the convention, you also select who you want your delegate to vote for, same as Federal election for U.S. President. The delegates to the convention acts as the 'electoral college' and carries the vote of the local to the convention with the local's wishes. 9 times out of 10, the local delegate goes to convention and votes the wishes of the local, but sometimes there may be a rogue delegate that votes how they want vs. the way the local wishes.

There have been U.S. Presidents elected into office through the Electoral College that were elected although their constituants at home wanted to vote the other way. Usually, the electorate is then stripped of their electoral powers and a new electorate is put in place.

Just thought I'd share!

BTW, this thread has turned into exactly what the original poster has said all the others were!

Tapper

EVERY PAYING MEMBER SHOULD HAVE A VOTE!!!!!NOT AN APPOINTMENT

• Like 1

Just thought I'd share!

Tapper

Thanks for the history lesson.