Another Hit for Toyota

Just love the yota lemmings who cry conspiracy. Not to mention the ones that keep saying put it in neutral. If it's an electric shifter (which most of these yotas are) it CAN'T shift when going at driving speed. The computer assumes its a mistake or accident and leaves it in drive....Hows it feel to brainwashed by toyota you lemmings??

• Like 1

I don't see how any of this relates to the union at all.

I think it relates to the common misconception that Japanese/Japanese transplant workers perform better quality work for less money than their Union counterparts. Whether here on this board or elsewhere it seems to be the common gripe of Union-bashers. This Toyota debacle shows the public that things happen despite whether the car is assembled using Union workers or not.

The reality is that generally speaking workers are workers and what produces the quality is the systems in place and management to enforce that system. It's the root cause of what plagued the Detroit 3 and it's what is plaguing Toyota now.

Edited by OAC_Sparky
  • Like 1

I think it relates to the common misconception that Japanese/Japanese transplant workers perform better quality work for less money than their Union counterparts. Whether here on this board or elsewhere it seems to be the common gripe of Union-bashers. This Toyota debacle shows the public that things happen despite whether the car is assembled using Union workers or not.

The reality is that generally speaking workers are workers and what produces the quality is the systems in place and management to enforce that system. It's the root cause of what plagued the Detroit 3 and it's what is plaguing Toyota now.

Dead on

• Like 1

japan attacked us in 1941 and again in 2010! be american buy american!

The sad part is that there were dumbass Americans buying their cars from Japan less than ten years after we smoked them with the nukes and won the war. Did the original Toyota buyers feel sorry for them? Is that why folks bought into their cause? Sorry jerrymaker for spouting off on your post, no harm intended.

I don't see how any of this relates to the union at all.

I suppose one could fail to see the irony, if they were unaware that unionized auto workers were stereotyped as overpaid, under worked junk runners. You can read the comments after union related articles in the Detroit newspapers on any given day of the week. I really didn't think this needed explaining.

• Like 1

I suppose one could fail to see the irony, if they were unaware that unionized auto workers were stereotyped as overpaid, under worked junk runners. You can read the comments after union related articles in the Detroit newspapers on any given day of the week. I really didn't think this needed explaining.

As well as on this forum (more so at contract time)

• Like 1

After all the smoke settles toyoDA will turn to his N American employees and tell them they have to take a pay cut because toyota can not compete after such a costly fix and market share loss. Then guess who will come a knocken again with the we can't compete excuse. That was the dream I had, hope it doesn't come true :slap:

• Like 1

The sad part is that there were dumbass Americans buying their cars from Japan less than ten years after we smoked them with the nukes and won the war. Did the original Toyota buyers feel sorry for them? Is that why folks bought into their cause? Sorry jerrymaker for spouting off on your post, no harm intended.

sometimes its better to say nothing.........

Edited by jerrymaker

She can't help it she thinks she's funny. when in reality she's just an IDIOT who likes to hear herself talk.

Do us all a favor...volunteer to be a Toyota test driver. Oh, sorry...what was I thinking? You can't see over the dash board when your head is stuck up your ass.

After all the smoke settles toyoDA will turn to his N American employees and tell them they have to take a pay cut because toyota can not compete after such a costly fix and market share loss. Then guess who will come a knocken again with the we can't compete excuse. That was the dream I had, hope it doesn't come true :slap:

That's not a dream that's a nightmare. Idiots like pulse and soupy would be telling everyone the sky is falling and we better vote yes, hell the international would probably support it to.