2007 FORD EDGE

MERENE3

not sure just hope not Mexico , if so i will not buy it. just for the fact where built.. need to keep jobs in here Canada is ok A ? :-) since Canada is just like our 52nd state anyways..

What's the difference? The workers in Hermosillo are unionized and paid decent wages compared to the standard of living there. They just happen to speak Spanish.

Good jobs in Mexico, and especially unionized jobs, will one day bring the standard of living to a level comparable to the United States. As that happens, illegal immigration will become less and less of an issue.

What's the difference? The workers in Hermosillo are unionized and paid decent wages compared to the standard of living there. They just happen to speak Spanish.

Good jobs in Mexico, and especially unionized jobs, will one day bring the standard of living to a level comparable to the United States. As that happens, illegal immigration will become less and less of an issue.

not even going to go there :doh: i would rather have it but in usa but if it has to be built somewhere else i would rather have it in canada... thats all. nothing to do with spanish.. has to do with jobs leaving state..

not even going to go there :doh: i would rather have it but in usa but if it has to be built somewhere else i would rather have it in canada... thats all. nothing to do with spanish.. has to do with jobs leaving state..

If it really "had to do with jobs leaving [the United States]", you wouldn't want it to go to Canada either.

That's a question I wish someone could answer. What's better for the US economy:

1. A foreign car built in the states. Example: Honda Accord is built in Marysville OH with 70% US-made content. At least Americans are working. or,

2. A US-owned company making something like the Fusion -- Built in Mexico, only 20% of the parts made in the US?

Which one is better for the trade deficit? This is really making me question my long-held belief that I HAD to buy a car from the big 3. Why bother, if buying a Honda, Toyota, or even Hyundai puts more food on US workers' tables???

That's a question I wish someone could answer. What's better for the US economy:

1. A foreign car built in the states. Example: Honda Accord is built in Marysville OH with 70% US-made content. At least Americans are working. or,

2. A US-owned company making something like the Fusion -- Built in Mexico, only 20% of the parts made in the US?

Which one is better for the trade deficit? This is really making me question my long-held belief that I HAD to buy a car from the big 3. Why bother, if buying a Honda, Toyota, or even Hyundai puts more food on US workers' tables???

good point and i'm not sure any more myself but i think i still want a ford name plate.. and for canada lots of michigan workers go back and forth.. guess no bettter than mexico but in my twisted mind it is..

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well when you talk of mid size sedans .. yeah .. but do not PLEASE assume it is across the board .. this forum saw people swear of ALL FORDS because one model is imported from Mexico (Fusion), and then commit to some of the transplants, like Hyundai, which really have only a SINGLE product NOT imported ..

just want to point out something most people get, but some do not .

Igor